This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: The L5 Heater Thread
« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »
Would it work OK in conjunction with triggers on poles (where the pump/water supply was switching ON and OFF every 30 seconds)?

Or would this 'jigger' the L5's igniter and internal pressure switch/valve?

Mike

Nope,.. the stopping and starting wouldn't be enough to stop the pump on your system & reset the heater,.. but the slowing of the flow rate would probably cause the water to get hotter than it should and the overheat sensor would kick in.

To get it to work with a trigger you'd need a small calorifier tank in the van, and have the L5 heating the tank.

Window Washers

« Reply #321 on: December 15, 2009, 06:31:10 pm »
Do you guys using these heaters have a sticker on you van to show there is  Gas on board ?

What are the running costs if using all day every day 5 days a week ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Mike 108

« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2009, 08:49:43 pm »
Nathanael

Thanks for the reply.  But what is a 'calorifier tank?  Can you explain the necessary 'set-up' in a bit more detail, please.

Mike

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2009, 09:44:40 pm »
A calorifier tank is like a mini hot water tank from your airing cupboard,.. the L5 would sit on a separate circuit with a separate pump controlled by a thermostat on the tank,... when the tank starts to cool the thermostat switches on the pump and the water flow automatically starts the L5 so the tank is always kept warm.

Your WFP pump goes into the other inlet in the bottom of the tank and the outlet to your reel is on the top, feeding cold water in the bottom which is heated as it moves up the tank and is hot by the time its on its way to your reel and hose.

The downside is that you have to heat the tank before you can get hot water to your brush,.. it'll prob be 10 - 12 minutes at the beginning of the day before anything hot gets to the brush head. The other downside is price,.. calorifier tanks usually cost about £200. :(

matt

« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2009, 09:56:38 pm »
Nat

its possible to make your own calorifier ( ish )tank for very little money, it will work in a similar way

i was looking at it last year, i run the idea past a mechanic who said i wouldnt get the heat from the van engine but i would need another source of heat ( the L5 )

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2009, 10:19:49 pm »
You can also get heat exchangers off ebay that look identical to the ones used in the pure freedom diesel powerd heaters and are probably suitable,.. they're a bit cheaper too.

Mike 108

« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2009, 10:44:34 pm »
Nathanael.

A nice detailed, yet 'easy to understand' explanation.

Thanks

Mike

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2010, 02:49:55 pm »
I KNOW THIS THREAD IS MONTHS OLD BUT ANYONE ORDERING A L5 SHOULD KNOW THAT EVEN WHEN IMPORTED AS A GIFT CUSTOMS STILL SLAP A TAX ON. I HAD A LETTER FROM PARCELFORCE THIS MORNING SAYING MY L5 WAS AT THERE DEPOT AND THERE WAS DUTY OF £24.96 TO BE PAYED BEFORE I COLD COLLECT.  I CHOSE THE CHEAP (AND LONG) SHIPPING OPTION AND WITH CURRENCY EXCHANGE IT COST ME £105.00 (HEATER+SHIPPING)  SO IM PROBABLY LOOKING AT £150 ALL SET UP AND READY TO GO..BARGAIN! I ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE GREAT BECAUSE MY MATE  HAS TWO. JUST IN TIME FOR CLEANING ALL THE UPVC GUTTERS AND EAVES ON A HOUSE FRIDAY, SHOULD  BE A LITTLE BIT EASIER NOW.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

« Reply #328 on: December 01, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »
Is there a forum where the fitting of one of these 'L5s' is shown?

C-N-C

« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2010, 06:22:36 pm »
Great thread everyone.....
Looking at a system now to keep water warm etc......
Can you run 2 reels off 1 l5 & do they sell them in uk now??

Take care guy's
Justin ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2010, 06:29:50 pm »
best place for L5 is ebay normally bout 80 odd quid
best person to ask is nat jones or
look on acs forum under hot !!!!
might av to pay import duty also
as L5 come fr america
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

C-N-C

« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »
Hiya gav mate ;)
Nice 1 for that fella ;)
Do you think ill need a l5 if i buy a bluebird heater???
I was thinking if i direct ducting under my 1000ltr ibc in van it should keep it warm & all going  sound in freezing conditions.....d'ya think gav mate???
thank you again for that m8....
Ya sound fella ;)

Kindest regards
Justin ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: The L5 Heater Thread New
« Reply #332 on: February 01, 2011, 04:11:17 pm »
I know it's old but I just thought I'd stick a pic of my dual L5 heater setup in a very tight space.

Simon.