This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BeeClean

Crash testing water systems New
« on: November 06, 2003, 10:55:49 pm »
i keep reading about crash testing van mounted water systems. it seems that its the thing that ott keep pushing after they had it tested against another system which i assume is a tucker pole system ??? they recently had a big write up in cht saying their system was the same system used by the fire service and is safe as any :-/
i was toying with the idea of one of these systems some time ago but decided against it but im interested to know what others think about all the publicity it gets.  truck mounted carpet cleaners never get crash tested do they so whats the difference ???

Pure_2o

Re: Crash testing water systems
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 05:31:27 pm »
The difference is purely weight.  A 1000 litre truck mount system will weigh on average 1.2 tons where as a carpet cleaner shouldn’t weigh anymore than 120 kilograms.  The average households weekly grocery shop weighs 80-100 kg’s, nobody crash tests shopping !  If the water system you’re looking at isn’t crash tested the results can be horrific.  It depends how much concern you have for the safety of yourself or your operators.  A crash tested system doesn’t have to cost more :). Check out http://www.pure2o.co.uk/news.htm

Carl.
Carl Stacey
Pure 2o Ltd.
www.pure2o.co.uk

Old_Master

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 06:26:53 pm »
Carl it shows that you are new to the Industry!
Truckmount carpet cleaning equipment weighs at least as much as a waterfed pole system. It has a waterholding tank a great big water heater a deisel generator etc.etc.

stevekennedy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 07:48:16 pm »
These carpet machines seem to wiegh about 500 kilos plus they have a fresh water tank with 120 us gallons. Whole thing probably wieghs about a ton.

http://www.prochem.co.uk/BLAZER.htm

Perhaps if one carpet machine manufacturer tested then the others would have to follow suit.

Don't know if the market is big enough to justify it though. There also doesn't seem to be the same competition in truckmounts

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 09:36:43 pm »
Oh no, what have I started...?

Hopefully nothing! Most folk should know by now not to rise to the bait.

Remember folks - Don't feed the trolls!!

All the best - Davie

(Hoping for a quiet night)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 02:11:25 pm »
It is a fact, and we have a certificate from signed by the chief executive of Thatcham to prove it!.

regards

Reuben

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 04:53:25 pm »
So now the tank was just half full... You said that we would not publish the certificates.... You said that we had not carried out any crash tests... You say a lot of things yet can prove nothing.

Follow the links to see the certificates. The data (due to its size) is in electronic form, Thatcham's software is required for it to be opened. This is one reason why you would need to attend a presentation in order to view it, its also one of the reasons that you would need to instruct a qualified third party in order to have it verified. Should anyone wish to see the data for themselves, they are welcome to contact us to arrange a visit. Contact information can be found on our website http://www.ionicsystems.com

regards

Reuben

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 05:05:50 pm »
Dom,

Read the certificate!

Reuben

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 05:57:25 pm »
;)Why dont we all go back to squee gees ???I have crash tested my squee gee :-/ it falls out me hand on the floor :-/yes  ??? :-/ its bent and broke alright ??? :-/

I know Ill ??? just go and by another one! unless its in someones head sticking upright ??? ;) :)  what a great forum this is!  ;) :) happy cleaning to all :)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 06:10:40 pm »
Why dont you 2 just agree to disagree and change the record

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 07:04:38 pm »
John,

Agreed.

Reuben

pdhanson

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 09:21:16 pm »
For the benefit of BeeClean & new members, I'll try to explain my understanding of this issue (from what I have gleaned from the other posts) in as objective way possible.  

Reuban, Dom, Carl, Anyone else, please feel free to correct me if I get anything wrong:

Because van mounted Pure water systems are extremely heavy, sometimes more than 1000kg, there is a potential risk that if the vehicle crashes, the system could break free of its mountings and cause injury to the driver and passengers of the vehicle.

In response to this risk Ionic Systems have, at their expense, conducted crash tests of their system at Thatcham (which is an independent crash-test centre).  Their crash test was successful in that their system did not break free.  As Pure20 (an Ionic company) uses the the same system and mountings, I think they too can claim to have a successful test.  These tests now make a good selling point for these companies, and some have speculated that in future such tests may become mandatory.

However, some have raised objections as to the validity of this test.  A point Dom raised, was that since Ionic paid for the test, there is a conflict of interest, and such a test paid for by the manufacturer would not be impartial.  (This same point is also a subject of hot debate about safety certification for new cars) Though this is a valid point, and since no government body exists to do these tests, Ionic argue that there is simply no alternative.  Reuban raised the point that, by this reasoning the fact that you pay for your driving test or MOT would not make it impartial.

Dom also raises the point that the system in test was only 75% full.  I'm not certain from where Dom has got this information (feel free to message me Dom and I'll include it), but Reuban assures me that this is not true, and the system was tested 100% full.

Ionic have voluntarily agreed to present the result of their tests to interested parties (Mike Boxall being one), and to explain them in detail.

http://www.thatcham.org Thatcham's website
http://www.brodexbms.co.uk Dom's company website (Brodex Machine Services)
http://www.pure2o.co.uk Pure20 website
http://www.ionicsystems.com Ionic Systems website

Revised 27/1/04

If I have any of this incorrect, please tell me and I'll edit this post.

Silly

karlosdaze

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 10:03:04 pm »
Won't the crash test also have bearing on what type or how old the vehicle is? If you put a system in a 20 year old Luton van for instance, and another in a brand new Renault Master, wouldn't the results have to bear with the anchor sytem to the floor. If it was old fatigued metal, wouldn't the fixings just rip through the floor anyway on impact?
That brings us to the question of how old would the vehicle have to be before the anchoring becomes unsafe. Just a point ::)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 10:53:19 pm »
;)o god ???I am gonna crash test me squee gee :-/
again it was to old at the time of droping ??? :o ;D :-/ ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Majestic

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 01:16:33 am »
Mr Turbo,
What safety precautions do you take when going for a world record, ??? do you need to safety test your handel so it can withstand the heat as you are going that fast ,  8)

mark omni

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 09:45:42 pm »
well done old master well said i agree  ::) reuben old chap why dont you sit down in doors at night and switch off the computer,if you do this at work you cant be selling many systems...........  :P