This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ALAN HAYNES

Tarmac drive
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:28:11 pm »
been asked to quote a tarmac drive.  I have never done this before has anyone got any tips.  I have read somewhere on here before that tarmac when cleaned can leave stripes and does it take any longer as apposed to block paving?

Alan

Richy L

Re: Tarmac drive
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 01:50:38 pm »
if you use a turbo close to the surface it will rip it up.

Its cleanable, but be very careful

steve_doyle

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:30:01 pm »
I do it slightly under full pressure and with a fsc. can be as quick as block but also can take longer, tends to be the rinse down that takes longer because the sand ans muck sits in the tarmac rather than washes over it like with block.

Price it the same as a block clean (minus re sand) plus 10% and see how you go,I dont think you will be miles off. Its something you need to try and then make your own mind up about.

steve

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
Thanks for that
I thought the problem would be the washing down
will give it a go see how i get on

ALAN

steve_doyle

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 03:45:16 pm »
obviously just be carefull around the edges or anywhere which is damaged, start in a out of the way corner and just check its not damaging aything.  I never have and i have done some pretty old ones. If it has any white stones in it, they will come out and it can be noticable,  so the lower pressure the better.

Tbh, take a bit of common sense with you and you will haev no probs, If you dont have any try ebay, thats where i get mine from.  ;D

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 06:45:18 pm »
WHAT IS TBH

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 07:22:34 am »
sorry i am a bit slow