This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal Cleaning Services

Builders & Sparkle Cleans
« on: February 25, 2005, 07:49:37 am »
Can anyone help....Im afraid I am being a bit dense here, can anyone tell me what is included or what you do when you do a builders or sparkle clean. Ive seen it mentioned on here lots, but a little unsure on the difference between the two.

Thanks
Scott Lacey
West Midlands
www.ineedawindowcleaner.co.uk

Tim Downer

Re: Builders & Sparkle Cleans
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 08:10:33 am »
Hi,

Put simply, both are chuffing hard work!!

The builders clean is intended to clear the dust and debris created by the building of the property, and to leave the property in a clean condition to enable the various contractors to complete the interior of the property.

The sparkle clean is intended to leave the property meticulously clean, and the customer should be able to move their belongings in without any further cleaning being required. Cleaning is to be spotless!!

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 08:23:06 am »
Thanks Tim, I thought it was along those lines, but just wanted to make sure. What sort of prices would be suitable to charge? Just trying to think of other things we can do other than just window cleaning to help bring the pennies in, especially when we havent worked all week :(
Scott Lacey
West Midlands

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 04:57:27 pm »
hi there,

as tim has said it is hard work,  our core business is that of build cleans, recleans and sparkle cleans, we have fully kitted out vehicles, trained operatives with regards to H&S, COSHH, PPE. 

i would be surprised if you would find anything in the short term, most of the developers these days work form tender lists, the QS's obtain the tender prices and then sites run from the list for the site. 

and before anything happens, they are looking at all your literature to make sure that iy is all in place including method statements, risk assessments, and coshh assessments.

so just be prepared.

regards

martin

Tim Downer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 06:45:26 pm »
And also, we have just got the go-ahead for one of our tenders.....they have'nt started building it yet!?! Possibly 4 months yet before we go there to start the cleaning. Most of the building companies tend to send for the quotations through their surveyors, who send them out at the begining with all the other trades. So as Martin said earlier, there probably won't be a short term answer to your quiet period.
There is money to be made in this type of business, but it takes a lot of hard work, preparation, training for the staff, H&S Issues and policies, spending a lot of time getting the prices wrong until you find the right price!! etc etc ......but it 's good fun!!

All the best

Regards
Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

BSF

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 07:49:46 pm »
Hi Scott

I’ve done builders cleans in the past, I had this problem (Price) when I was first asked. Unlike Martin & Tim, working for the large developers, my company has completed work for smaller builders, there are lots of them about building smaller developments!

I did a bit of research and quoted 12p per square ft for the first clean, and half this for the second clean, although I have charged 15p on a later job for a different builder, I don’t know if the larger developers would be happy with this, but as Martin said in his post big developers will work from tender lists, but as I have found in this business some large companies will give a smaller outfit a chance, if your sales pitch is appealing.

They are hard work, but at the above price I made a good profit.  My price included windows I don’t know if Martin or Tim do this as a separate item.

I have posted on this subject before but didn’t get any positive response.

Regards Paul 
Regards

BSF

Tim Downer

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 12:12:54 am »
The windows are included in the price i charge. The prices do vary from building company to another....but like has been said before....the highest price is the best price you can get away with!!

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 12:21:29 am »
Well a big thank you to all those that have posted so far. It has certainly given me a bit of food for thought. I think we shall be looking into it further.
Scott Lacey
West Midlands

maggie67

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 04:08:43 pm »
Have you thought of sub-contracting? Perhaps you could approach those larger/smaller cleaning contractors rather than the building companies direct if you have not carried out this type of work before.

It could be a good starting point.

Maggie :)

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 09:26:19 am »
Good idea Maggie. I shall have to start making a few enquiries.
Scott Lacey
West Midlands