This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Warren

Alliance & Leicester Commercial Bank Problems
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:07:58 pm »
Anyone bank with A&L Commercial Bank? Have you have any problems with lost or none recieved cheques ever. I have had no probs for three years but now 2 envelopes (20 cheques) missing within last 3 months.

russ_clark

Re: Alliance & Leicester Commercial Bank Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:16:37 pm »
I use them never had a problem.
When you pay in at the P.O. they should stamp your paying in book.
Thats proof enough for you to ask /get compensated.
Do you list all cheques ?#
If so its a pain but you can go back to punters and get them
to stop original cheque and issue another.
Russ

Tony Warren

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:22:56 pm »
Yes i list all cheques and getting another one from the customers will happen but thats 20 customers and its a real pain, some look at you like your trying to pull a fast one, they also have to pay to cancel the last one if they feel safer.

Both envelopes were posted at different post boxes. When i took cheques befor to the post office they must be in an envelope sealed and they just put it in the post, no stamping of books for cheques?

Ian Rochester

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:51 pm »
We lost an envelope with 10 cheques in last month, so far only 6 of them have reappeared, I think their envelopes are crap, I now stick them down with sellotape everytime.

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:31:04 pm »
You should get a reciept from the post office.
Dave.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 12:53:47 am »
They lost 10 cq's in an envelope I put through at the post office last xmas. Luckily I had all the cq info, forwarded it to them and eventually paid into account. Never found out if they found them or not. Today I had to ring them again has an envelope from the 17th Sept hadn't gone through but it has now turned up.

Very very sloppy and very worrying. If it does happen again I'll be on the move.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Tony Warren

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:52:45 am »
How did they pay it in with no actual signed cheque?

Ravensford

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:14:18 am »
Never had a problem with cheques going astray. I also sellotape envelope down.

I only ever pay in to a Post Office & photocopy every cheque.

I have, however, had most, if not all, secure messages completely ignored until I changed the heading to a complaint!!!  ???

Pittmonkey

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:27:13 pm »
Same here Tony never got any reply from secure messaging. I was on the phone, postal mail then eventually called into the local branch and let rip at a poor girl (I did apologies) They dont deal with commercial banking at the bank its all done online/telephone. She made a direct phone call to someone and within a few days the money was in my account. There's a procedure they go through when Cq's go missing and can be long and drawn out.

I still have no idea if my Cq's ever turned up they never said, I was just happy they paid the amount into my account. Luckily I was in the habit of logging all my Cq' and details.

I also sellotape the envelopes, I think they've cut down on the glue.

Wayne

ronnie paton

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 06:11:55 pm »
this is one of the reason i stuck with lloydstsb i get charged about £400 a year but i pay them in over counter and there in the next day!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:37:46 pm »
You get wht you pay for, I like to deal face to face across abank counter, knowing they have recieved ny cheques, if that costs me a grand a year then it is well worth it.

Not once in 10 years I have had to worry about my banking.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 04:34:43 am »
We changed from Barclays because they charge 25p per cheque, A & L is free.

We pay in on average 100-150 cheques a week which works out at around £30 a week, or £1500 per year on average just to pay them in, not including all the other charges they hammer you for.

People are learning that if you stick the envelope down and pay it in at the Post office then everything should go fine.  I also stamp every cheque with our details, including bank account,  the cheqes that did go astray have now turned up and been credited to our account.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:31 am »
I thought I lost a few, but checking my records thoroughly I didn't. But I'm definitely going to stick em shut with tape.

Have any of you perhaps thought that it was the post office's problem, or maybe lost via Royal mail? Maybe it's not A&L's fault.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 02:52:16 pm »
Personally I dont think it's A&L fault. You hand them in over the counter at the PO and they send them to the A&L clearing bank. There seems to be a flaw in that system.

I was confident I would be paid on them eventually as I had all the details, plus my paying in book was stamped by the PO. This was a few days before last xmas so maybe a lesson learned. I try and put them all in on a Monday now by Friday they should be showing up online. I've never posted them via Royal Mail and probably never would.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 04:40:39 pm »
Somehow I don't trust that PO clerk. lol  ::)  :)