This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Gutter vac
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:01:54 pm »
I may have got this wrong but would'nt somthing like this be of more use rather than just a wet and dry vac,as this has a water discharged via a discharge pipe on a pond vac.

www.pondpumpsdirect.com/product.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStartRecord=0&strParents=79%2C80&CAT_ID=80&P_ID=452&btnProduct=More+Details

j burton

Re: Gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 06:20:20 pm »
im not sure one motor would be powerfull enough for guttering.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 06:24:55 pm »
im not sure one motor would be powerfull enough for guttering.
I was thinking the same

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 06:25:36 pm »
it says that it's a 1200 watt motor but there are different ones on that site other makes .the biggest motor i have seen is 1450 watts , would that be big enough.

wightsurf

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:27:42 pm »
Hi Ian since i spoke to you today i have been thinking more about this idea . And might get one sooner rather than latter.Let me know if you come up with anything along these lines.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:32:14 pm »
Hi Ian since i spoke to you today i have been thinking more about this idea . And might get one sooner rather than latter.Let me know if you come up with anything along these lines.
Will do, I was going to say you will be missing if you waited till next year as this is now gutter season  ;D

I will keep you posted, and I will get down to see an omni vac just trying to find the time at the mo I am finding hard work lol

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 06:36:34 pm »
It would be nice to know from face value what the omni vac has to offer over other products.

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:47:30 pm »
I think this might be handy as well                         www.paramountzone.com/spycam-nightvision.htm

Mr H

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59:05 pm »
Powerful enough for up to 1st floor maybe 20ft and not much more, but the actual capacity is a bit small. Get a decent size house with gutters that haven't been touched for a while and it could fill up quite quickly.

Regards
Mr H

ftp

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:02:13 pm »
Mr H how do you get on with weeds and grass with your sucker - can you suck them out in a lump then turn the power off to drop it or are you having to break up the clumps first?

wightsurf

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 08:02:43 pm »
Mr H
That is only waste no water as the water has gone out throught a back hose but there are bigger units ,I'm more interested in what size motor?
Also have you had a look at the link on the camera what do you think?

Mr H

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 08:06:16 pm »
Mr H how do you get on with weeds and grass with your sucker - can you suck them out in a lump then turn the power off to drop it or are you having to break up the clumps first?

If its really compacted then I break them up first. I use a plastic crevice attachment that comes with the vac but I have cut a serated edge in to it and that helps to break it. A lot of the time there is no need for that as it will either just get sucked up or you will find it sticks to the nozel and you just pull it out then switch off the motors and let it drop to a safe place on the floor.

Regards
Mr H

ftp

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 08:11:17 pm »
Cheers, ordered the bits today so may have it up and running by the end of the week with any luck.

Mr H

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 08:14:44 pm »
Mr H
That is only waste no water as the water has gone out throught a back hose but there are bigger units ,I'm more interested in what size motor?
Also have you had a look at the link on the camera what do you think?

Think of each motor giving you 20ft of extra working height. But even at lower heights its nice to know that if you have a really stubborn bit you can call on more power rather than possably needing to change attachments.

The camera in the link is similar to the one I use but you can get them a lot cheaper from Fleabay..... Look under security cameras. The quality is alright for beginning with and to see what needs doing, doesn't need doing or has been done.

I bought a really cheap brush head and removed the bristles and used that as a base for the camera. It doesn't look professional but it does the job. On the camera in the link I would be tempted to leave the base off and find a bracket to fix it to a plastic angle adapter instead.

Regards
Mr H

wightsurf

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 08:19:31 pm »
Mr H
I was thinking along the same lines as you with fixing the camera , But i like the added light and weather prof bit or is this standard?
I need more info on the motors on the vac can you explain a bit more please

Mr H

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 08:23:27 pm »
Mr H
I was thinking along the same lines as you with fixing the camera , But i like the added light and weather prof bit or is this standard?
I need more info on the motors on the vac can you explain a bit more please

The light is standard on many cameras and the infared leds turn on automatically when it gets to dark.

What more do you want to know about the motors.....?
Theres 3 of them and each uses 1200w and each one is switch on or off indepandently of each other. If anything happens to one motor then you can still use the other 2 and just replace the broken one....

Regards
Mr H

wightsurf

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:12 pm »
Did you buy your vac online ? if so could you post a link so i can have a looK
Am i getting it all wrong or are you saying that your vac has 3 seperate motors.As i'm getting a bit  ??? here.
regards
martin

Mr H

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 08:40:28 pm »

wightsurf

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 08:45:58 pm »
Thanks Mr H

wightsurf

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »
I have found a wet dry vac that has the following but suction hose is 40 mm.would this be of any use to me as it's £259.95 + vat

Includes:- Heavy Duty Steel Trolley With Cushion Wheels & Castors.
*POWER:TRIPLE 1000W BYPASS MOTORS. 220 – 240 V
*VACUUM SUCTION: 3000mm H²0
*TANK: STAINLESS STEEL - 80 LITRES
*AIR FLOW: 100 Ltr/Sec
*CABLE LENGTH: 7 METRE