This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steven ainger

waterproof footwear
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:17:10 pm »
as the title says,
im looking to buy some good quality waterproof gore-tex trainer/boots for the coming winter weather and was wondering what anybody could recomend.

clean

Re: waterproof footwear
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:22:49 pm »
Hi Steve,
i ware rigger boots (builders boots) in the winter sheepskin lined weep you warm as toast and are  waterproof  enough  ;)

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:26:17 pm »
thanks for the quick reply,
but i was thinking a little more light weight, probably more the trainer/ ankle boot style.

clean

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 04:29:11 pm »
thanks for the quick reply,
but i was thinking a little more light weight, probably more the trainer/ ankle boot style.

Hi Steve i`m not really that fashion conscious when it comes to work  ;D
but i do carry a spare pair of trainers if i`m doing a few hours of inside work ,just to stop the feet from sweating ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 04:34:39 pm »
I managed to get a pair of walking boots in a sale, waterproof light weight and very durable.  I find trainers are normally falling apart after 2 months, I've had these boots nearly 4 months and they are still going strong.

Simon.

gsw

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:40:24 pm »
dewalt challenger 2, 100% waterproof, goretex, steel toe, very lightweight.....best boots i've had better than timberlands!

w ww.screwfix.com/prods/71593/Workwear/Footwear/Dewalt-Challenger-Boots/Dewalt-Challenger-Goretex-Safety-Boot-Size-9

darragh windows

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 05:15:46 pm »
as the title says,
im looking to buy some good quality waterproof gore-tex trainer/boots for the coming winter weather and was wondering what anybody could recomend.

im sick trying boots too even if they are 100% waterproof your feet sweat in them you cant win at the minute im wearing a light leather hiking boot ,at  the end of the day get them off and and put newspaper down them and polish them once a week never dry them on a radiator or force dry them i find this helps with any boot
jamie

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 05:53:00 pm »
Hi I just bought a pair for strauss direct, they are water proof and have steel toecaps. They are off course a little heavier than normal boots but still pretty good, they have a range of ankel ones as well

gerard  ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 06:17:24 pm »
i use a hiking trainer  ;D

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 06:23:09 pm »
i have been wearing my berghaus walking boots  which are goretex but these are over 100 quid a pair

alanwilson

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 06:32:33 pm »
I have Timberland goretex walking trainer type things - very very good, no sweating, soft sole, waterproof and amazingly light.  recommended
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

ok cleaning

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
strauss direct  is the only answer plenty of choice for everyones budget

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 09:11:51 pm »
boots  ::)
god i am fed up with buying bloody boots
its always the toes on the leading foot that go first
last week i spent £70 on a pair of hiking boots
gri sport,italian,special new membrane
they remain without doubt the lightest and most comfortable boots i have ever worn
just one problem
5 days in........wet feet ::)
still ,got a refund so back to square one
cant wear steel toes,they are always too narrow
anyone tried sealskinz socks ???

ps outthere

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 09:19:28 pm »
I am using nike goretex trainers this summer and goretex boots last winter.
For waterproof lining, you normally can't go wrong with a goretex.

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 11:17:32 pm »
I'm fed up with spending loads of money on expensive gortex boots ect, that stink after a couple of months use and then split! So I have started wearing my wellies!! They are completey waterproof, they don't make my feet sweat, if its cold I simply wear a thicker pair of socks!!  ;)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 11:31:02 pm »
regatta boots are really good waterproof and cumfy .
where theres muck theres money

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 07:00:23 am »
strauss direct  is the only answer plenty of choice for everyones budget

Yes I think they are good. There was a post about them a few days back.

dmlservices

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 04:55:40 pm »
i have been wearing my berghaus walking boots  which are goretex but these are over 100 quid a pair

snap . i use brasher borgue gortex very comfy , can wear all day either wfp ,or walking , i all most forget i have them on , they are the best i have used

daz

lovewindows

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:20 am »
i used to [ in a previous life ] sell waterproof footwear 1/ the only 100% waterproof ones are wellies 2/ any boots with a lining will make your feet sweat inc goretex and are usualy more expensive 3/ look after your footwear it's equipment 4/ water is effected by gravity trainers dont seal because your ankle needs to be flexible [ ie water will run done your trs into your trainers] 5/ outdoor kit is meant for fields and stuff so on concrete it will wear out quickly and can be slippy 5/full grain leather boots [ no lining ] treated properly with decent socks [ ie brigedale etc ] with a hard compound sole [ not dual ] is best . or wellies. me i wear trainers when its nice and wellies when it's not and i always have a pair of spare dry socks with me. gaiters and over trousers are good,  decent [ £10 a pair ] socks are great and will last 100 times longer than cheap £2 quid ones. rigger boots are ok too.   
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

cybersye

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:12 am »
What are you guys doing that get your feet so wet?  ;D only kidding.
Theres a chain of shops called sports soccer I think. Theres one in my town, I bought a pair of steel toed karrimor leather walking boots there for £17.99 18 months ago and do me fine.
If you really need to keep your feet warm and dry look at sealskin socks, I know a lot of snowboarders swear by them, and if theyre good enough for them.............
Simon