This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: VAN SIGN . PLEASE BE HONEST.
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 07:05:51 am »
I have work valued at around £70 per six weeks as a direct result of the signage.  The signage cost me £200+ so I suppose it must have paid for itself.  Also on other jobs, although there is no way of telling for sure, the fact that I have turned up to quote in a signwritten van may have swung a job in my favour if others were quoting too.

Pj

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 08:55:12 am »
It's a "lost leader" having my van signed.

I've only ever had one person phone me as a direct result, they said they took my number as they were driving behind me and phoned me when they got home.  It was waste of time and I didn't get the job!

However,

Loads of people have mentioned in passing many months on that they recognized my van.

So for me it's more an identity than an advert.  Maybe a bad one, I didn't give very much thought to the layout, so the debate could go on and on.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 09:02:45 am »
Having your van signwritten also just gets your company name "out there".

Someone in your town looking through the phone book for a cleaner will come across your listing and remember that they've seen your van quite a lot, therefore you must be local, not of the beer brigade, and if you're still going after all this time since they first saw you then you must be a professional and respectable business man.

So even if you don't get direct results from the sign writing, you may still be benefiting indirectly.

geefree

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 09:34:45 am »
99.9% positives so far..

Thanks . ;)

Tim82

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 11:14:42 am »
Apart from the ad I have in the local parish mag the sign-written van has given the next best return for the amount it cost.

Ive had custys follow me down the road as that was the only way they could collar me like others have said.

Initially I had magnetic signs and thought they gave a good return but I was truly shocked once I had the van sign-written; talk about the WOW![/b] factor

Ive had some real negative critiscism on here about my vans sign-writing, which really p!$$ed me off, but the thing about the guys who give out that unconstructive critiscism is they dont actually show their vehicles  ???

Anyway, back to the point, Ive had numerous customers admire the van, I was doing so myself tonight, Im very proud of my sign-written vehicle. It has brought me in plenty of work, paid for itself numerous times over in just 6 months, looks professional and people get to know you as THE window cleaner of choice.

Why, whats different about your sign writing?

Tim82

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 11:16:51 am »
Ive had a magnetic sign on my estate for a couple of weeks now and ive had a couple of calls from the streets ive been parked on from it already. That'll be great if it keeps coming cos itll help me build up my blocks of work.

Where did you get the magnetic signs made Tim?

Cheers Dave

Those on ebay wash off if you clean them with hot wfp, they're cheap & cheerful. I bought a couple, cleaned my van with hot wfp and off came the colouring ****. Spend the extra money and get some decent ones.

Its a do it yourself kit from ebay £10 for two. not bad really i thought id just try it. Its the kind driving instructors use apparently.

Just search for magnetic signs on ebay or look at item number 120304913696

Wayne, the ones I got were the magnetic signs where you stick the vinyl letters on. They've stayed on through wind and rain and at 65mph so they do the job so far. Also, I cant afford a hot wfp! And I'd take them off if I was cleaning my car anyway. Its handy having magnetic signs cos my estate doubles as the family car!
a car is very different than a car with sign writting IMO, I am not slating cars at all as I used them for years, my post earlier was meant for vans

Yeah my post was unrelated..... If i did ever upgrade to a van  I'd have signs put on it straight away.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:40 pm »
If you dont have a sign written van I think your thinking small time ( unless of course you really like to get your work from a certain source or already have enough work ) Its a bout creating a brand, website, van, leaflets, uniforms etc Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Craig - CW Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 08:42:09 pm »

I  got my van done on returning from the livery company I stopped in the local chip shop and before I got out the van I had a lady knocking on my window asking for a card, so that made me happy about spending £400 on it. all my cards and leaflets have the same style.

niceandclean

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 09:46:42 pm »
I know its really bad, but i have never had my vans sign wriiten!

LWC

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 09:56:14 pm »
sign writing helps, dont care what anyone says

as with things like uniforms

pull into a garage and the mechanics are in scruffs, what do ya think? if theyre in uniforms it just gives the right impression

ive had sooooooooo many people come across to me and ask for my services, not so many calls from it i wouldnt say, but as for people coming up to me... endless

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
We've got six vans on the road, all signwritten, and we get calls all the time where people say..."I saw your van...."

All the vans are different types/models, so people know it's not just the same one they've seen several times.  They all have the same logo - "Ian Lancaster - Window Cleaner*" in big letters.  (The star was an afterthought when I was designing the first van signwriting - it seems to work - makes people look a second time)

Just booked my next year's Yellow Pages ads, I'm going to have my logo, followed by phone numbers and website, the idea is if people have noticed the vans, they'll recognise the logo in YP.  I always monitor enquiries so it'll be interesting to see if I get any increase in YP response.