This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

VAN SIGN . PLEASE BE HONEST.
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:08:46 pm »
Be really truthful lads, how much work do you get from having your van sign written,?

i know i ask lots of questions on here, im very cautious.....

I know it looks professional and thats a good impression to put over in our game...

but please tell me how many calls you recieve , or people across the street coming up and asking to clean their windows etc..

it definitely is another form of advertising i know. but  does it work for you.?

thanks.

Gary.

geefree

Re: VAN SIGN . PLEASE BE HONEST.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:13:30 pm »
i spoke to a decorater today with a lovely sign written van... he said it was the worst bit of money he had ever spent...

i said ... but in my game , i may get a person approach me to clean her/his  windows, , simply because they know i am in the area ... he laughed it off,

i had to explain.... that a decorater , is like a plumber.... its something that may nbe a must at any given time, and a customer will be spending a few hundred pound...

in our game , they want windows cleaning for a small some they can afford.... big difference.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:24:48 pm »
I regularly get work from it. I had a lady follow me home once because she didn't have a pen to write down my number!

:)

Tim82

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 09:27:57 pm »
Ive had a magnetic sign on my estate for a couple of weeks now and ive had a couple of calls from the streets ive been parked on from it already. That'll be great if it keeps coming cos itll help me build up my blocks of work.

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »
Ive had a magnetic sign on my estate for a couple of weeks now and ive had a couple of calls from the streets ive been parked on from it already. That'll be great if it keeps coming cos itll help me build up my blocks of work.

Where did you get the magnetic signs made Tim?

Cheers Dave
You can't polish a turd

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:33:23 pm »
Hi there,

I got my magnetic signs about 18 months ago and cost me £100, they have paid for it self many times over, but one of the biggest things aprt from picking up work also little things like traffic wardens now that your working and if you out side peoples house's they know straight away so things like opening gates and getting ready get done quicker.

Gordon.
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 09:36:53 pm »
ive had my latest sign job on my current van for just over 2 months now, its brought in a couple of grand worth of work. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Tim82

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 09:40:29 pm »

Cheers Dave

Its a do it yourself kit from ebay £10 for two. not bad really i thought id just try it. Its the kind driving instructors use apparently.

Just search for magnetic signs on ebay or look at item number 120304913696

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 09:43:57 pm »
Thanks Tim i ll have a look

Cheers Dave
You can't polish a turd

tacky

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 09:55:15 pm »
had my van done about 3mnths ago .£100 .not the top of the range job .but have paid for itself many time over .

MJH

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 10:11:24 pm »
Its a good idea but remember to have MJH Cleaning Services on it ha!!!!!!!!!! ;)

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 10:26:33 pm »
Be really truthful lads, how much work do you get from having your van sign written,?

i know i ask lots of questions on here, im very cautious.....

I know it looks professional and thats a good impression to put over in our game...

but please tell me how many calls you recieve , or people across the street coming up and asking to clean their windows etc..

it definitely is another form of advertising i know. but  does it work for you.?

thanks.

Gary.
I paid for my sign writting on the way back from picking it up (luck maybe who knows) its an advert for anytime your out on it, add a website on it and it is Fantasic,

Mine on relay has paid for itself time and time again, So I would say do it but do it right, bad looking signwritting will give a bad impression so if thinking this way I would say dont do it, clear professional looking will pay back what you spend and a lot more

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 10:36:13 pm »
Apart from the ad I have in the local parish mag the sign-written van has given the next best return for the amount it cost.

Ive had custys follow me down the road as that was the only way they could collar me like others have said.

Initially I had magnetic signs and thought they gave a good return but I was truly shocked once I had the van sign-written; talk about the WOW![/b] factor

Ive had some real negative critiscism on here about my vans sign-writing, which really p!$$ed me off, but the thing about the guys who give out that unconstructive critiscism is they dont actually show their vehicles  ???

Anyway, back to the point, Ive had numerous customers admire the van, I was doing so myself tonight, Im very proud of my sign-written vehicle. It has brought me in plenty of work, paid for itself numerous times over in just 6 months, looks professional and people get to know you as THE window cleaner of choice.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 10:37:14 pm »
here is my van have had about 4 calls in space of two months of it been sign written...more than paid for itself.

£120.00
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 10:37:44 pm »

Cheers Dave

Those on ebay wash off if you clean them with hot wfp, they're cheap & cheerful. I bought a couple, cleaned my van with hot wfp and off came the colouring ****. Spend the extra money and get some decent ones.

Its a do it yourself kit from ebay £10 for two. not bad really i thought id just try it. Its the kind driving instructors use apparently.

Tim82

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 11:03:02 pm »

Cheers Dave

Those on ebay wash off if you clean them with hot wfp, they're cheap & cheerful. I bought a couple, cleaned my van with hot wfp and off came the colouring ****. Spend the extra money and get some decent ones.

Wayne, the ones I got were the magnetic signs where you stick the vinyl letters on. They've stayed on through wind and rain and at 65mph so they do the job so far. Also, I cant afford a hot wfp! And I'd take them off if I was cleaning my car anyway. Its handy having magnetic signs cos my estate doubles as the family car!

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 11:10:45 pm »

Cheers Dave

Wayne, the ones I got were the magnetic signs where you stick the vinyl letters on. They've stayed on through wind and rain and at 65mph so they do the job so far. Also, I cant afford a hot wfp! And I'd take them off if I was cleaning my car anyway. Its handy having magnetic signs cos my estate doubles as the family car!
a car is very different than a van with sign writting IMO, I am not slating cars at all as I used them for years, my post earlier was meant for vans

tonyoliver

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 11:33:57 pm »
MADE ME LOOK GOOD

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 11:50:45 pm »
ive had my latest sign job on my current van for just over 2 months now, its brought in a couple of grand worth of work. Luke

Luke how can anyone see your sign written van? being an artist and not wanting anyone to see your work on this forum ( a post later deleted ???)in case we copy it, don't you drive round with a sheet over your van in case one of us in in your area :P
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 05:33:22 am »
mine most about £110 for two sides and back, nothing fancy but it does give me coporate presence in the town, and when people recognise a name or logo I think they get a much beter immpression of you.

I would say its a great way to advertise, I once spend £150 on a few adverts in the local paper and got only one or two calls.

I cant tell you how many I've got from the van, but a few have seen the car are came over to ask for leaflets etc and the count will keep going up, its one of two different things you can do that is a one of payment and you will have it advertising for you everyday after that.

The other thing is logo and number printed on the back of yourt t-shirts.

gerard  ;D