This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Where can I get one of these connectors?
« on: September 13, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »
Hi Guys

My tap is fine, it's just the quick release connector that is buggered. Where can I get one and what it is actually called?

Re: Where can I get one of these connectors?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:49 pm »
Hi Guys

My tap is fine, it's just the quick release connector that is buggered. Where can I get one and what it is actually called?
rectus 22 fitting (THINK ITS 22 ) Alex G sells them as do purefreedom, window cleaning warehouse and a few others.

Ian

clean

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:36:26 pm »
You can get them on ebay they are about £3.75  ;)

ftp

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:51:08 pm »
Rectus 21  ;)

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:27:28 pm »
Sorry if I am being a dumbass, is this the correct item?

h ttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Female-PCL-coupling-body-1-4-bsp-airline-couplings_W0QQitemZ370083541880QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370083541880

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:38:37 pm »
Sorry if I am being a dumbass, is this the correct item?

h ttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Female-PCL-coupling-body-1-4-bsp-airline-couplings_W0QQitemZ370083541880QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370083541880
They do not look like the ones we have, give me 2 mins I will show you.

Ian

davids3511

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 08:39:43 pm »
Cheers Ian and to every one else who replied.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »
Dave there's a chance it's okay.

Take it off and fetch it in the kitchen. Put it in a small dish with fairy and boiling water, work it with something in the middle (fork?) run under tap.repeat.

Should be okay. You've gotten dirt into it.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 08:49:36 pm »
www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php/Microbore-Fittings/Microbore-Spares-and-O-rings/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Alex G seems to have changed the ones hes uses, you my want to call purefreedom.co.uk mention window washers (dont know if you will get a discount but nice for them to know I recommend) I am looking at getting deals with a few suppliers shortly for people on my site
Why is it the suppliers sites are a nightmare to find what you need when it comes to things like this (something for suppliers reading this to look as asap)

x-line does these fitting aswell I forgot to mention his site earlier.

Ian

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 08:54:46 pm »
David (Im assuming thats your name) whereabouts are you, theres a shop near me that sells them over the counter. Theyre a small hydraulic pipe fitting setup, it might be an idea to see if theres anything like that local to you.

Matt

davids3511

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 09:04:16 pm »
Dave there's a chance it's okay.

Take it off and fetch it in the kitchen. Put it in a small dish with fairy and boiling water, work it with something in the middle (fork?) run under tap.repeat.

Should be okay. You've gotten dirt into it.

Discount, I'm afraid it's terminal. There is a spring hanging out and it falls to bits at every opertunity.

davids3511

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 09:06:01 pm »
David (Im assuming thats your name) whereabouts are you, theres a shop near me that sells them over the counter. Theyre a small hydraulic pipe fitting setup, it might be an idea to see if theres anything like that local to you.

Matt
Hi Matt, Yes, I am David. I am based in Timperley, North Cheshire - South Manchester. I wil have a look in yell to see if ther is a pipe fitting setup near me. Cheers.

davids3511

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 09:08:03 pm »
www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php/Microbore-Fittings/Microbore-Spares-and-O-rings/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Alex G seems to have changed the ones hes uses, you my want to call purefreedom.co.uk mention window washers (dont know if you will get a discount but nice for them to know I recommend) I am looking at getting deals with a few suppliers shortly for people on my site
Why is it the suppliers sites are a nightmare to find what you need when it comes to things like this (something for suppliers reading this to look as asap)

Ian

Thanks Ian, will order one from Alex if I can't find one local. As for finding them, my problem is that I don't know the actual names of the items I use.

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:13:32 pm »

Ian

Thanks Ian, will order one from Alex if I can't find one local. As for finding them, my problem is that I don't know the actual names of the items I use.
I know full well what you mean by that m8, I have this problem all the time, but always sort it in the end, any more help feel free to give me a call. My number is on home page of www.windowwashers.co.uk

Ian