Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rob middleton

solutions
« on: February 18, 2005, 09:42:38 pm »
anyone use chemicals and equipment from solutions. ive generally heard good things. honest opinions appreciated.

Scott Martin

Re: solutions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:50:15 pm »
Not Used them (Yet) But hear they are very good!

Cheers
The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

dave401uk

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 10:52:58 pm »
i use them with great results,and there service is just fantastic, you will not be sorry

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 11:04:45 pm »
If you do a 'search' on solutions you will find that you will get a headache!

happy reading

Shaun

Martin S

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 11:19:59 pm »
Rob',

As Shaun says, happy reading, see you next Xmas!!

Martin S
Martin

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 11:35:35 pm »
Honest opinion, yes microsplitters are very good if used right, and its not difficult if you just read what it says on the label ,basically.

Dennis

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 12:36:16 pm »
If you ask reeeely nicely that nice Saint Nick will send you a free sample.  ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 02:02:28 pm »
If you used that (Solutions) 300 years ago, you would have been burned at the stake for witchcraft...........quoted by one of my elderly lady customers from Kensington. (Think she just meant it was magic!!)
I have also heard it described as ' jesus in a bottle ' due to the miraculous results i have achieved with it.
I have supplied 20+ customers with Solutions No3 & No5 spotters in trigger spray and am being asked to supply more as relatives 'steal' them so they need replacing......... VERY good add on sale   ;D
Many people will sell you microsplitters to try or give discounted samples, only know one source that sends you a sample for FREE :o
GO WEST young man.................well Cornwall anyway.

Nobby

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 04:40:21 pm »
My 'Free' sample cost me £15.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 05:34:07 pm »
Not that 'free' then. :-X
......I got mine during promotion when another forum started last year.
Have you found it as good to use as most people?

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 06:32:48 pm »
Rob
I have used them for about 6 months now.
Had to buy my sample too ( promo finished).
Must say I used m/s for about 90% of my jobs,They are very good but do take a little practice to get them right.

Eco spotter is the absolute dogs dangley bits.
And as some of the other guys have said service is second to none.

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 02:20:03 am »
If  they as good as their Marketing ie refferal Chear Leader tactics they must ne good.

I wonder if they get as many Plugs for Solutions on Cleantalk as you get for Solutions on here.

Why do we not get asked about One Step etc ;D ;D ;D

stevegunn

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 08:46:12 am »
If  they as good as their Marketing ie refferal Chear Leader tactics they must ne good.

I wonder if they get as many Plugs for Solutions on Cleantalk as you get for Solutions on here.

Why do we not get asked about One Step etc ;D ;D ;D

Because its too expensive ;D You pay your money then make your choice no difference in the results you achieve so why pay for the most expensive.Ian why have you got the hump with Solution ???

*paul_moss

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 08:54:33 am »
Ian
I have never used one step.
And may be alot of others havn't and thats why solutions is more prominant when discussions take place on micro splitters.

Re cheer leaders all I can answer to that is this, selling any product is just the same as selling your services as a carpet cleaner.The better you are,the more you get out there,the better the service,the better you net work,the more professional you are etc,etc,etc,
then the more work you are going to get and the more people are going to talk about you. :D

YES LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM I TALK HIGHLY OF SOLUTIONS AND THE ONLY REASON FOR THIS IS THST I FIND THIER PRODUCTS EXCELLENT BOTH IN VALUE FOR MONEY AND RESULTS. ;)

Regards
Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 08:58:37 am »
Same here.......I use Solutions because it works and costs less than its rivals  ::)
Amtech offer good customer service as does Solutions but I am in business to make a profit.................the fact that the solution makes it easier is just a BONUS ;D
ps............i have never been refferred to as a cheerleader  :P

Give me an   S
give me an   O
give me an   L
give me a     U
give me a     T
give me an   I
give me an   O
give me an   N
give me an   S
and what have you got...........RAH RAH RAH RAH  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2005, 09:04:05 am »
Hi Guys,

I don't suppose there's much difference between One Step and Solutions , they did originate from the same stable.

Nick has networked effectively through these boards whereas One Step's suppliers keep a  lower profile.

I would like to see more supplier input as long as it's informative and not blatant advrtising .

Free samples are a good investment as they get people talking.

If a supplier want's feedback he has to feed in the first place!

Cheers,

Doug

*paul_moss

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 09:07:23 am »
Well said Doug

Hey a fair moderator  phew  :D

paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Don Atkinson

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2005, 02:34:41 pm »
Hi
Once cleaned a church carpet, but experimented on the job using a ph11.5 powder and a standard micro splitting solution.
Cleaned the bottom part of the church near the entry door, the dirtiest part of the church using M/S. Lightly sprayed all areas and mechanically agitated very well.  Although the results were very good I did notice a few spots and stains that hadn't come out, and the water recovered was dirty but not filthy.

The machines recovery tank was then cleaned out

Cleaned the top part of the church near the alter, the cleanest pert of the church using Ashbys Supreme Powder, pre sprayed using Ashbys Supreme Pre Spotter and mechanically agitated. Had to turn the pump to full power as the chemical rinse didn't seem to have the free flow of fresh water.
The results were also very good, but left no stains or marks behind. But on emptying the recovery tank the water was absolutely filthy and a very thick layer of sludge was left at the bottom of the tank which needed to be scooped out.

This result has proved to me that although micro splitters seem to get the results, a lot of dirt will still remain in the carpet after the clean.

Had a call a couple of months later from the vicar saying that the bottom part of the church (the part that had been M/Spitted was starting to show spots and stains, but the top part was still very clean ??? Could this have been down to the unremoved soils, who knows?

Instead of belting three bells out of upholstery and carpets using Micro Splitters to get any sort of result from them, I now prefer to use traditional chemicals. Lightly mist lightly agitate and rinse extract using powder at a relaxed pace. I have also noticed the recovered water seems to be a lot dirtier now Im back on traditionals.

don

Chris Bailey

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 04:20:45 pm »
Hi Don

Interesting comparison, although I would question the pH of the powder at 11.5, a little on the high side for me and not really a direct comparison to microsplitters as microsplitters no 2 is around pH 8.5 - 9 so you would expect better results with the powder, but as long as you got good results...

Chris

Carpet Care

Leicester

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 04:46:18 pm »
One of the advantages of using ms is that they require less rinsing and they leave no residues. I notice you mentioned the added rinsing needed for 11.5PH chemical............... if this had not been done well then the residue would attract soil and the story would be different.
What were the differnces in drying times?
I only got mildly easier results when i first used Solutions but that was because i had used 'traditional' detergents pre sprays for 20+ years. I also applied in the old way by soaking areas of staining or spots instead of misting whole area. The work is done by agitating the problem areas more and rinsing the whole thing uniformly.
I use the phrase "easier results" not" better results" because I can get the same results as before but with less effort.
Once I had refined my technique it was like a ray of sunshine into my tired old life.
Easier work and great results for less outlay  ;D
Who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks  ;)