This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mick hay

Is gutter cleaning seasonal?
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:59:46 pm »
Just wondering if gutter cleaning is a seasonal service, as when i have my vac, im looking at using door knocking as a way of getting jobs.

Any ideas?

jeff1

Re: Is gutter cleaning seasonal?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:19:17 pm »
No way is it seasonal, I do it all year around, the winter time they want it unblocked with all the rain we get, so you get the job of cleaning in and out and in the summer they like it to look nice when there sat in there gardens having a quite drink with friends.

kris martin

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:38 pm »
it was always seasonal for us, we would wait for leaves to drop then just before crimbo we would clean the gutters of absolutely loads of our customers and make a nice crimbo bonus, not got the time anymore..

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:41:15 pm »
No I clean them all year round, abd have added it to all of our flyers, calling cards and collecting slips to push it ever further. I would love to run it as a full time business with conservatory cleans along side the window cleaning business.

mick hay

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:14:28 pm »
I'm going to try having a couple of canvassers out there getting gutter cleans. If all goes to plan, wouldnt mind getting a small van and someone doing them full time!

Think it could be a goer!!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:30:06 pm »
I'm going to try having a couple of canvassers out there getting gutter cleans. If all goes to plan, wouldnt mind getting a small van and someone doing them full time!

Think it could be a goer!!

I do a good few gutter cleans for windows custys and to be honest would imagine you might find canvassing isnt as successful as you might hope. If it aint leaking they wont be interested and if it aint minging they wont either, not from door knocking.

mick hay

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:47:29 pm »
Get some good canvassers tho and you be surprised!!

I used to sell loads of things ppl didnt want door to door...lol!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:09 pm »
Good luck to you. Let us know how you get on.

simon123

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 08:51:12 pm »
Get some good canvassers tho and you be surprised!!

I used to sell loads of things ppl didnt want door to door...lol!!!
You can make a fortune with trust me Mick  ;)
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 08:54:39 pm »
Canvas your own customers first, I was supprised how many of my own customers never realised that I offered guttering and conservatory roof cleaning, one customer had recently had her guttering cleaned out, at a cost of £200 even though its on all my tickets, cards etc that I offer these extra's, I began to push guttering and conservatory roofs a couple of months back and I have gained quite a bit with all this rain we have had.

See how you fair with your own customers first, there normally the easiest because they know and trust you if you have been the w/c for some time.
I also offer a cctv survey at £20, if the Job needs doing I deduct it from there total, if not I still have £20

simon123

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »
Canvas your own customers first, I was supprised how many of my own customers never realised that I offered guttering and conservatory roof cleaning, one customer had recently had her guttering cleaned out, at a cost of £200 even though its on all my tickets, cards etc that I offer these extra's, I began to push guttering and conservatory roofs a couple of months back and I have gained quite a bit with all this rain we have had.

See how you fair with your own customers first, there normally the easiest because they know and trust you if you have been the w/c for some time.
I also offer a cctv survey at £20, if the Job needs doing I deduct it from there total, if not I still have £20
I like the £20 cctv idea Jeff , mind if I pinch it ?
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 08:59:17 pm »
Help your self, I have a pic on my website, built it using maplins wireless cctv system.

mick hay

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 09:00:33 pm »
Jeff and Simon, how much do you charge?  per metre or per house?

And how long would you say it takes setting up cleaning to setting down to empty gutters on say a 3 bed semi?

simon123

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 09:08:05 pm »
I am buying a guuter vac this month , but working off a ladder I charge £30 a side or £80 if they have 3 sides done !   Normally takes me about 30 - 40 minuites  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 09:10:23 pm »
It takes me around 1 hour for a 3 bed semi but thats cleaning them out and cleaning the external including soffits and facia's.

mick hay

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 09:23:16 pm »
It takes me around 1 hour for a 3 bed semi but thats cleaning them out and cleaning the external including soffits and facia's.

Looking at your site Jeff, do you clean the soffits outside gutters and fascias with a pressure washer?

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:58:20 pm »

Looking at your site Jeff, do you clean the soffits outside gutters and fascias with a pressure washer?
Yep! I do the whole lot with the lance, So much quicker and does a very nice Job.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 10:02:18 pm »
Although I do guttering all the year round I find most of my work is in the late autum and spring time.