This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trademark WC

Anyone got any tips on using the SL2 at 60ft
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:43:23 am »
I have an ergo 60ft and have used that before so I know how to use a pole at that height.

What Im intrested in is any tips or tricks for the pole itself in use or maintenance? or how to deal with the hose outside the pole?

Also doses the 17" gooseneck add much weight to the pole?

Thanks

Rob
PS I hope this is workable at 60ft as I find my ergo cf is just to bendy,heavy and arkward to use.

[GQC] Tim

Re: Anyone got any tips on using the SL2 at 60ft
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:12 am »
A little folder comes with it, and should give you a lot of info on how to use it, pretty much everything you asked.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:13 pm »
SL-2 is very light in comparison to an ergolite, (I have both as well), and I would recommend using the heavier pole on windy days because the SL-2 gets blown around like a kite and is not easy to quickly lower being of modular build in them conditions.
I used my SL-2 today on bay windows up to 45ft for 2.5 solid hours. Nice and light on the arms but hard to control in the strong sidewind gusts above the shelter of the neighbouring 3 storey buildings. I thoroughly recommend using Gardiners new dual trim super brush for the SL-2 :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:58:39 pm »
Wayne...dont you find the SL2 quicker to put down. I mean it can be brought down horizontal from 45ft, so drop a few sections and then bring it down instantly. rather than having to pull each section down ona telescopic and close all the clamps, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:31:19 pm »
Wayne...dont you find the SL2 quicker to put down. I mean it can be brought down horizontal from 45ft, so drop a few sections and then bring it down instantly. rather than having to pull each section down ona telescopic and close all the clamps, Luke

I work in a lot of public places where it would be difficult just to bring the SL-2 straight down horizontally without hitting someone with it, (lol) whilst fully extended and it would be a problem leaving sections on the ground next to me as they would get stepped on by passing public or blown onto the roads and driven over. I could use a golf bag but I don't fancy the idea to be honest. I have all the sections at hand in the back of my van. I put my pole together to about 35ft, then lift it from horizontal and rest it against the wall, whilst I reach in my van with one hand to reach for extra sections to add to my pole and extend it up the building to the highest length I'll need. Then I disappear to the furthest point away and work my way back to the van where I can remove 1 or 2 sections to the next level and repeat the process all over again until I reach the ground floor.
On a windy day I prefer to use a heavier telescopic pole because it doesn't get blown around by the wind so easily.
I have 3 specific jobs where the buildings are surrounded by others but at a lower level. Once I've gone above the height of neighbouring buildings, the gusty wind which funnels through the other buildings just hits the top of the pole and I can really feel the top of the pole struggling not to be taken by the wind.
I've lost my bottle three times in 6 years on these 3 buildings because of very strong gusty conditions and decided to play it safe by lowering the pole as quickly as possible and returned to these jobs at my next earliest, safe opportunity. On uncertain strong gusty days when I'm doing these jobs I prefer to use my Facelift or Ionics ergolite poles as they are less hassle and quicker to collapse down from height whereas the SL-2 is a struggle for me with my arthritus when I'm feeling a little unsafe.
I love my SL-2 as it's so light in comparison to my other poles, using it all day continuously, takes a third of the energy of the heavier telescopics and reduces my work time considerably as well. I'd be the 1st person to buy a 44 ft SL-X if it ever came out ;D

ftp

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:47:20 pm »
I would agree with that, although extreemely light they can be pretty scarey in a cross wind. The slx doesn't seem to suffer at all in windy conditions but then it's only 25' I would love to try a 45' version.