This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: What is everybody frightened of
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:15 am »
What school did I go to? What's that got to do with you or anything else?
Too many differernt parts of an equation to give a standard price. Have you considered post code pricing, type of window, access, bay, leaded. The list goes on.

geefree

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 12:37:30 am »
Too many differernt parts of an equation to give a standard price. Have you considered post code pricing, type of window, access, bay, leaded. The list goes on.

i think you have a post missing above neil

Roger Slater

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 12:51:23 am »

Yeah Yeah matey dont tell your granny how to suck eggs.

geefree

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 12:54:14 am »
come on guys... are we all workmates or not here  :D ;)

karygate

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 06:28:21 am »
what about      nice people deduct 50p  car new  add 75p  . how can you price according to rich or poor. i just look at the windows cos thats all i will be cleaning. anyway the richer they are the tighter they are.
gary

peter holley

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 08:53:20 am »
i advertise price on my website as £1per window,,,,,,£2 bay window ......then when they call,if they have a lot eg 20 windows i may give a discount.

on my flyers, i put a price on before i post it....on my last leaflet drop, i had a 16% success rate ;)

i alo have a £10 minimum charge...

it works for me :D

Roger Slater

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 09:33:51 am »
i advertise price on my website as £1per window,,,,,,£2 bay window ......then when they call,if they have a lot eg 20 windows i may give a discount.

on my flyers, i put a price on before i post it....on my last leaflet drop, i had a 16% success rate ;)

i alo have a £10 minimum charge...

it works for me :D

Sounds good 16% success rate, would you mind emailing me a copy strong007@blueyonder.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 09:54:47 am »
Why don't window & carpet cleaners advertise there prices on there websites, well most of them anyway.

Are you frightened of the competition or just paranoid?
I do advertise price on my site because there are a lot of variables if every house was the same then I could but they are not.

If it works for thats great but for me I cant because I clean many different types of house access to window on some more time consuming than others, access to the back a lot different driving time also. The list really does go on and on and on.

Ian

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 11:41:04 am »
It's a bit like a customer in the street asking you for a price on their unfamiliar property. Only a fool would rush into giving a committed price before looking at the property.

Too many variables with houses to give an accurate profitable price.

This is why so many window cleaners have low prices as they rush into giving a price on the spot so they won't lose a potential new customer.

Best advice is go and view the property and don't be rushed into giving a low price. Work out your profit price, stick to it, (don't let your fear of not obtaining the customer put you off). Inform them of your desirable price, then (most importantly) keep quiet until they reply. You can always haggle over small differences afterwards, i.e. the price, frequency, extras,etc.

Helen

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 08:35:53 pm »
how can you,,, when each quote would be different.  ::)

Simple answer start your price with eg: Windows & Frames cleaned for £8 per month based on a standard 3 bed semi.

Roger, just had a look at your website and it's a good one, but you don't advertise"Windows & Frames cleaned for £8 per month............" you have that little word "from" in front of the price, which is a great word as we all know :) for marketing reasons.
In your faq section you have the question "how much will it cost?" answer... "We can only tell you how much your window cleaning will cost once we have seen the property in question" which is just about the same way that everyone else operates.
Just one thing about your "from prices" on the website, do they include or exclude VAT. I may have missed the part of the website that says that, but if you are VAT registered and advertise prices, I believe that you have to state whether or not VAT is included or not :)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 09:13:22 pm »
What's a standard 3 bed semi?
Because there's no such thing
agree entirely