Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rs_cleancare

Leaflets / flyers (Print & distribution) New
« on: January 17, 2005, 07:16:11 pm »
Hi all, I have been looking for a leaflet distribution company to put out 5000 leaflets a week in my area cheltenham. Every company i've spoken to will only do it on a solo basis at a cost of £45 per thousand. I have approched other companys to see if they would go on the other side of my leaflet to share the cost but to no avail. The cheapest way to put out my leaflets is with the local paper at a cost of £20 per thousand but i feel i will not get a very good response due to it getting lost in the middle of 6-10 other leaflets.
Do any of you guys put your leaflet in the paper and what response do you get or have you got somone on the other side of your leaflet to share cost and what business. If anyone knows of anyone in my area who could put out my leaflets on a shared basis for a good price please let me know.

Cheers Rob.

malc

Re: leaflet distribution
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 08:02:14 pm »
Around my area the cost is £12.00 per thousand with free papers and the best response i`ve had is of 5000 leaflets and they brought £650.00 of work which i thought was good hope this helps but you need to ask mike halliday as he sends out thousands per week.
malc 

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 08:11:26 pm »
Not an area of expertise for me Rob, but a local company with very wide coverage is DLM on 0800 028 6353
www.directletterboxmarketing.co.uk

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

SMP

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 08:12:42 pm »
Don't forget that if you do a solus drop and your leaflet drops through the letter box onto a pile of other leaflets you just wasted some of your money - you could've gone with the other leaflets for less £'s.

Cheers
Steve Poole

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 08:18:57 pm »
Rob,

I've been using my own people for the last 10 years .

Takes a bit of effort but it's worth it.

Cheers,

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 08:22:34 pm »
put out 5000 leaflets out every week rotating monthly and in 3 months you'll be working 6 days a week 2-3 jobs a day.

only you know what your average job price is but if spending £225 a week is worth  6 days worth of work then pay the £45 solus price.

stop thinking short term, most people put out 5000 leaflets once, get little emmediate responce then they decide 'leaflets don't work'

put out 20,000 a month for 5 years then say they don't work ;)

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Martin_Riley

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 08:53:41 pm »
You are exactly right Mike. I get a lot of people who constantly say leaflets don't work. Then I find out they put out 500 one day when the weather was nice and didn't get any calls. So to them leaflets don't work. As Mike says you need to set up a campaign of leafleting numbering 10s of thousands over many months to generate the neccesary response. Leaflets do work, commit some money to them stick with it even if your scared of losing money and I promise you they will work. I was nearly fully booked for January before the new year and I put this down to constantly delivering flyers week in week out. The biggest problem you have is reliable distribution, nothing else. Hope this helps :)
Martin
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

paul_smith

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 04:14:54 pm »
I put 20 000 out over 5 weeks with 5/6 other leaflets (too many) and got a fairly good responce, i did not have much control over the where and when the lady put leaflets out, and also she wanted to put them out with 5/6 others.
So i changed to delivery with free paper £20 per 1000, i had full control over where and when they went out, guess what, not ONE call!
I have reverted back to original lady £15 per 1000 for now .
The best way IMO is to find a person (reliable ) who will put them out with 2/3 others 4/5000 a week every week as described before by Mike H and others and in time you will get results.The theory is easy but in practice its harder to achieve.
Good Luck
Paul

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 09:12:15 pm »
Paul you're right its easy for me to say put out 4-5000 leaflet every week and the work will roll in, it meens paying out £100-£150 a week, just for the delivery.

this could have been half a weeks wage for someone coming into the industry, and they might only make £150 a week in the beginning, it seems stupid to expect them to spend that amount on putting out leaflets.

but thats the problem.

they think its easy to start a carpet cleaning bussiness. they think if they attend a couple of course, buy a top of the range machine thats all they have to do.

what they should do is get 4-6 months wages in the bank before they start the bussiness, then they can afford to keep reinvesting the money they earn back into the bussiness.

everyone wants to start on a shoestring budget, counting every penny. this is'nt the formula for success ;)

Mike

Chris Bailey

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:18:30 pm »
Mike

When you say "put out 5000 leaflets out every week rotating monthly" - does this mean you target a specific area for a month, then move on to the next area?  If so, do you re-cover the specific area more than once within that month so that housholds receive, for example, a leaflet at the begining of the month then another two weeks later?

The reason I ask is that I have order 10,000 leaflets and I am planning my strategy for delivery.  I am considering delivering twice to an area to try and raise awareness as well as enquiries as I would suspect that most of the leaflets go straight in the bin after just a glance, especially if the man of the house picks it up.

Can you spell out your delivery campaign for us newbies so we can understand the best way of maximising our investment.

Thanks

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 04:13:39 pm »
Mike,

In Theory if someone with little cash resources put out 10k leaflets for first two weeks themselves, and do Audits.

by week 2 they should have 20 jobs  to book in for week 3 @say £60 and a further 20 booked in for week 4 so in theory they should be able to spend Apro x £1200 on living and invest in future leafleting campains.

Ideally they would need to involve Partners Childrens Mum Dads Uncles and anyone else who really wanted them to suceed in intial leafleting.

I do realise that it is highly unlikly that anyone will deliver 10k leaflets personaly over two weeks. And the Job yeild may be a lot lower.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 04:20:18 pm »
Chris all I can say is what I do, I put out 20,00 a month to house within 3 miles of my home they get a leaflet every month ( so they get 12 leaflets a year) so in the last 5 years they have recieved 60 leaflets :o :o

I never stop putting them out, even during the xmas busy period I still kept putting them out (so I'm as busy now as any other time of year :) )

no one ever forgets my name and all my existing customers also get a a leaflet every month so I've no need to send out reminder cards.

Mike

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 04:24:53 pm »
Ian you jumped while I was typing ;D

I think leaflets have a cumelitive(sp) effect so the first 2 week the may get only a small  reponce but over time the response builds up some one might get a leaflet and think 'thats a good Idea' but forget to call, the next time they get a leaflet it prompts them into action

Mike

rs_cleancare

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 08:27:12 pm »
Thanks very much for the positive feed back. Ken i have been intoch with DLM and they have come out at £35.50 per thousand + vat as aposed to £45 which is a great result. DLM can deliver anywhere you ask all over the country. What they do is have a team of leaflet distridutors which are droped off in the area by the supervisor and then the super back tracks knocking on doors and asking if they have recived your leaflet then getting a signiture. They check 7 in every thousand and you will recive a copy of all checks. I'm taking your advice Mike and in three weeks starting a massive leaflet campaign putting out 5,000 a week forever. Hopefully the work should start rolling in.
Thanks very much everyone all advice has been greatly appreciated.
Rob.

paul_smith

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 09:41:17 pm »
I sell the space on the reverse of my a5 leaflet to a plumber and electrician,
35.00 pounds per week gets 4000 leaflets out on average every week, this is printed and delivered price.worth considering if your starting out, the cash saved could go on other adverts.
got this idea from Mike H and it makes things a lot easier on the pocket.
Cheers Paul

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 10:10:39 pm »
Mike, in the last 3 months what is the furthest you've worked away from your home?

Shaun

Ps I can't believe you have 20000 homes within 3 miles of yours, I live in a big city and unless you go into the council areas or rows of terraced houses where there is volume but no real 'good buying' customers I'd find it hard to get 20K homes in that small amount of area.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 10:26:45 pm »
Shaun thats because you live in 'sheffield'

there are 15,000 house within beverley which is 2-3miles across I live in the centre so really most of my leaflets go out within 1.5 mile of my home!! ( I run around the outskirt of beverley  in 55mins) the other 5000 goes out to the surrounding villages all within 5 miles

i remember seeing a website some where that tells you all the demographic information of any postcode I'll try and find it.

'Beverley' is our posh area, most people who live in beverley are good carpet cleaning material ;)

Mike

David_Annable

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 10:52:00 pm »
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 07:29:25 am »
Mike,

As you know I a a regular visitor  to Beverley and have often wondered if you leaflet drop to the Terrace Houses and do you get a good response,

Also parking your truckmount must be a nightmare.

Have tried to capture a leaflet you dropped but yhe students my daughter shares with have been house trained and clear up regularly.

Chris Bailey

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 10:11:55 am »
Cheers Dave!! ;)

Just pumped in my postcode and....... well I guess I'll be working further afield

Family Income : Low                            Interest in current affairs :  Low
Housing - with Mortgage : Very low        Educated - to degree :  Very low
Couples with Children :  Very low           Have satellite TV :  Low

Anyone want to buy a 3 bed semi? ;D

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester