Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

agitator and dry cleaning
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:05 am »
i'm after an agitator  and thought of the duo, then the enviro dri but have since seen this.
h ttp://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Categ...

can any one comment on it.
i was thinking of using it for vaccing agitating and the occasional dry cleaning for hard to reach places and also the old belgium wiltons. some good advice needed here as this is the dearest option, but money aside, is it the best option?
this does what the duo does and the envirodri but also vacs aswell.
derek

from edge2edge

Re: agitator and dry cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:28:03 am »
Morning Derek I cant comment on this kit but have picked up 2 host freestyle machines for 1200 each over the last two years and both are excellent(they now retail at over 3k).They present a really good image to the client so its worth considering.Regards Alan (swindon)www.drycleancarpets.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »
cheers edge, looked into host but there a bit expensive, 3k plus and void warrenty for pre sparay agitation. looking like flexi or envirodri.
unless anyone else has got anyother alternatives.
derek

kinder clean

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 07:13:53 pm »
Hi Derek

The Sebo Duo does actually come with 4 sachets of dry compound cleaner, it is sold as a dry compound cleaner so can actually give you the low moisture option if its ever required, used in conjunction with a decent vac (sebo bs36 for instance, its a much cheaper option and I'm sure you would be more than happy with the results.

Paul Kinder Clean

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »
I have not used a Sebo Duo but others that have say its a bit too light duty to do serious agitation.
Light duty - hence its light price ie £190, as opposed to £900 fo rthe Envirodri which is definately heavier duty ( and the Host ).

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:07:48 pm »
Stop!!    I have just started using the new Procaps machine from Prochem, we have a slim little solution tank with a pump for solution application, lighter than our envirodry with better agitation, it looks good too.

Regards

S

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:23:07 pm »
Spencer .......what sort of money do Prochem want for Procaps machine  ???

spencer davies

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 07:31:31 pm »
Hello Chris,

Managed to get it for just under £1200 plus vat.

S

JS2

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 04:02:41 pm »
Spencer

Do you think this machine also be used for effectively working in the dry granules, thus giving it a dual use (including a spray tank) ?

Regards

Pete (JS2)

spencer davies

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 08:40:11 pm »
Excellent for dry cleaning, I tried it today, superb, this is the next generation of agitator.

S

derek west

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:47 pm »
too many options, my brain aches :-\

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:02 pm »
Look at was there is in the cold light of day, put the options on the table

1. Sebo duo- light weight but too much wear out quickly but only £200ish
2. Envirodry- heavier tried and tested but heavier also covers more ground quicker
3.Flexi5/CRB as above but with a dry vac costly but that's because it has a vac added but only can be used on dry carpet-the vac that is
4.Encap machine from Prochem-again more costly but has a spray included but no vac, not really road tested

As far as I know brand new they are plus vat

1. £180
2.£900
3.£1295
4.£1200 (based on Spencer and a heavy discount list is £1600)

Shaun

spencer davies

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 09:51:11 pm »
Don't forget the looks  ;)   the machine that is.

S

derek west

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »
all i need now is a flexi 5 with a spray attachment or a procap with a vaccuum.
ya think they'd of sorted that.
cheers shaun
flexi 5 it is i think. or maybe the procap, or the flexi or the, i'll sleep on it
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 10:24:06 pm »
Envirody is the best value for money, but the encap is the best because of the spray, although I don't know if it cleans any better the spray attachmnet it the good thing, the Flexi5 if you are using it for prespray aggitation is useless IMO as the vac can't be used on moist carpets or it knackers it up.

So down to 2 me thinks.

Shaun

dryasabone

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »
Derek,
reading your posts I think you are ready to join the ranks of dry carpet cleaners and come into the 21st century !!
Whilst I do not want to be disparaging to wet carpet cleaners and the undoubtedly hardworkers out there,I personally am in business to :
1.EARN MONEY
2.AS EASILY AS POSSIBLE
3.NOT BE WORRIED WHAT MY COMPETITORS THINK
I do not earn lots but I play a lot of golf and work smart not hard ,try it you will like it.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 10:27:09 pm »
For those that are interested Dave Parry is selling a sebo duo, £100

derek west

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 10:40:10 pm »
disagree, i am in business to
1 earn money
2 work hard for that money
3 and to come home knowing ive done the best possible job i can giving my customer value for there money.

but i do agree that i could do with a dry cleaning machine for the odd job here and there, could do with one for wednesday as thats my first belgium wilton day, and i'm tackling it with the trucky, wish me luck.
oh and i'll stick to lifting weights instead of golf, i see golf as a lazy mans way to pretend he's doing sport. and your 1,2,3 only strengthens that.
ps
dry carpet cleaning is just shake and vac with bells on it. not really 21st century is it.
but another weapon in my armoury won't go amiss.
deffo flexi,
or procap or enviro,
derek

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 10:44:23 pm »
Dryasabone
no offence but you missed off two other headings.....
4. your customers needs.
5. A deep down clean.
I know WE`RE in business, but your comments read to me that your customers
can get f##ked as long as youre alright.
But without customers YOU are f##ked.
IMO

dryasabone

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »
Derek,
If your sentiments are true why do you not become a samaritan or offer your services for free and then you will truly offer your customer satisfaction and feel even better about yourself.
Although I should point out that your bank manager will not accept this as a business plan,