This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

Re: rubbish fittings
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 10:01:40 pm »
i have always used a tap holster
i aways walk the tap back before reeling in
i still have a trolley matt
its just powering the VAN MOUNT ;D ;D ;D ;D
you know it makes sense ;)
any way  whatever i am doing it is the wrong thing for ez snaps cos i just destroy em

matt

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 10:24:37 pm »
any way  whatever i am doing it is the wrong thing for ez snaps cos i just destroy em

;D ;D ;D ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 10:32:03 pm »

I've been using the same one for 2,5 months now, it does have some wear and tear, but still seems to be going strong, maybe you got a bad batch? Or you are really throwing it around hehe.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 10:46:22 pm »
Rectus 21 are the best and it should be written on them,also made in germany.If they don`t have any print on them there fake chinese imports and only last days.

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 08:25:21 am »
Rectus 21 are the best and it should be written on them,also made in germany.If they don`t have any print on them there fake chinese imports and only last days.
Some Rectus (German ones) only last days sometimes, I hate them to be honest, they are great till they drip all down your leg.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 10:22:26 pm »
have used and still have some rectus fittings they are better but still go the same way in the end
i shall see how the compressor fittings last ;D
aint cost much if they turn out crap

stevieg

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 11:09:14 pm »
all of these fittings can be got from machine mart and  a drilled golf ball either side to keep them off the floor works great .

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 11:47:57 pm »
I've been using the same fittings for a year now,... never a problem!

Maybe Discount's patented "super dooper hose winder contraption" would prove an advantage stopping fittings getting damaged by keeping them off the ground and clean at all times?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 12:34:28 am »
Just fit a rubber ball stopper that goes around the hose to protect the rectus fittings. If the fitting is too large then wrap some tape over your hose before fitting the ball stopper.

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 06:17:38 am »
Again ingress of dirt is the only factor.

I used to get through them. Try reconditioning your old ones by working them in kettle hot soapy water, they will probably be okay again if you have kept them.Alan says wd40 and he's an engineer, but i have never tried this.

Since going hot this is no longer a problem.