This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Who'd be so stupid
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:06:18 pm »
Have seen the van going around this area with SafeContractor badge on and wfp on the roof but until today didn't realise the Suzuki Carry van has a 600L tank in it.  :o
This according to another window cleaner I spoke to today.

How can people be so f'ing stupid?

tradman

Re: Who'd be so stupid
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 10:09:55 pm »
sorry dont understand, y is this stupid, they have a 3/4 tonne payload, a 1.3 injection engine, and have optional bulkhead, tie down point fastened to chassis

Dean Taberner

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 10:11:29 pm »
sorry dont understand, y is this stupid, they have a 3/4 tonne payload, a 1.3 injection engine, and have optional bulkhead, tie down point fastened to chassis

Are you the person who has been mentioned above ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 10:12:54 pm »
Would you actually get a 600 litre tank in one?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 10:13:31 pm »
750kg payload?

600 kg water
100 kg pump/reel/battery
30 Kg tank
30 Kg Diesel
25 kg trad gear
180kg driver and passenger

965kg

OVERLOADED!!!

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 10:16:12 pm »
577kg gross payload for the 1.3

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 10:26:09 pm »
I know a w/c who has a tiny van with a 1000litre IBC tank in it (filled more than half way most days), overloaded, He knows the risks and takes his chances that he won't injure someone in an accident

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 10:42:37 pm »

And that's what makes this site so much fun, idiots like you who think that it's ok to not only risk the lives of driver and mate (yes this is a 2 man operation) but those other road users who don't ask to be hit by a vehicle that is totally unsuitable for carrying this amount of water. These vehicles are naturally unstable anyway because of their centre of gravity (narrow and high) without adding complications.

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 10:51:33 pm »

And that's what makes this site so much fun, idiots like you who think that it's ok to not only risk the lives of driver and mate (yes this is a 2 man operation) but those other road users who don't ask to be hit by a vehicle that is totally unsuitable for carrying this amount of water. These vehicles are naturally unstable anyway because of their centre of gravity (narrow and high) without adding complications.

Oh dear, calling someone "f'ing stupid" just on heresay about the tank, how about if he never fills it right up, I never fill mine even though I'm well within limits.
And then calling someone an "idiot" for giving an opinion ::)
Get out of bed the wrong side today did we, or did it just rain all day ;D

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 10:53:34 pm »
CANT GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS,  ;D

gordonswindows

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 05:56:04 pm »
dont get too confused over adding drivers etc to total weight

the clue is in the description   PAYload the weight may be worked out already incl driver and only relates too the load you are paid to carry
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 09:13:58 pm »

the clue is in the description   PAYload the weight may be worked out already incl driver and only relates too the load you are paid to carry

That's complete rubbish!

The payload of a vehicle is everything put into the vehicle, INCLUDING the weight of the driver, passenger and fuel.

How could they include the weight of the driver and passenger,.. everyone is a different weight?!

peter holley

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 09:20:13 pm »

That's complete rubbish!

The payload of a vehicle is everything put into the vehicle, INCLUDING the weight of the driver, passenger and fuel.

How could they include the weight of the driver and passenger,.. everyone is a different weight?!

that means i can only carry me :o ;D

taffy

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 10:12:23 pm »
If the tank is empty you'd get 1 sheep in there too,...

;)

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 10:41:58 pm »
BAAAAAAHHHH ;D