Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

longer hose for prochem steampro 2000?
« on: February 07, 2005, 10:49:48 am »
this morning i had to get my machine up some very narrow   and steep stairs ,this proved very difficult as i was on my own. has anyone who uses a prochem steampro 2000 extended the hoses to enable the machine to be left at bottom of stairs. if so has this been successful or has there been a noticeable loss of suction. mick.

Big_Fish

Re: longer hose for prochem steampro 2000?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:52:15 am »
Yes, in cottages it's far easier to leave the machine downstairs and do a perfect job of the first floor.

Nicky

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 10:55:55 am »
Always had extra set of hoses for my machines, inc Prochem one and just take a little extra time extracting at greater distance. I am certain that the gravity involved does help and cannot say for certain how much you would loose in power. The extra effort in extracting outweighs the pain of carrying machine from floor to floor.  :o

David_Annable

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 10:57:50 am »
If your using the optional heater, be sure to buy the uprated 25ft hose, as standard hose my split.

Dave

PS you may lose a little suction, but the upstairs is always cleaner anyway.
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

John_McGavin

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 11:47:53 am »
Mick

If you are using the twin vac version of the steempro, ive been told it can handle a total of 3 extension hoses (75ft) before performance is affected.

I regularly use 2 hoses and have never had any problems apart from tripping overt the bloody things  ;D

John
John, Falkirk, Scotland

dave401uk

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 12:22:14 pm »
If you have the twin vac version,you can use 2 sets of hoses with out any probs, but its worth doing an extra dry pass with the wand,it only takes a few mins more,and you get the piece of mind that goes with it :)

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Chris Bailey

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 12:26:43 pm »
Hi Mick

I recently went through a similar thing with my steampro.  Having spoken to Prochem technical I have bought 2 x 25' extension hoses giving a total of 75' of hose.  Prochem did tell me that you can go to 100' but then you will notice a loss of power so extra vacuum passes may be required.

The point about the hoses is correct so make sure you get the right solution hose.  Whilst on the heater, if you have the heat N run from prochem then you will find it better when running long hoses to have the heater on the last connection to the wand instead of hanging from the machine otherwise you will lose heat over the distance.

With the extra hoses you will never be lugging your machine up stairs again! I typically only use 2 sets but have used 3 sets on three storey houses without any loss of power.

You can speak to prochem's technical support on this who I would hope will confirm what I have said.  Prochem will also supply the hoses, albeit a little expensive.  I got my hoses from Woodbridge Commercials Ltd 01279 422220 and saved about £70 on prochem's prices.  I also got free velcro carry straps that I also use to lash the hoses to the banisters.

If you do use a third party supplier such as woodbridge be sure and tell them which machine it is for so that you can be sure you get the right connections.

Hope this helps

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 02:48:31 pm »
thanks to every one for getting back to me so quickly. i do have the twin vac and will invest in some extra hoses- mick 8)

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 09:39:51 pm »
Hello ive  a steampro 2000 and i use the normal 25ft hose then i have a 65ft extension hose works well.

ps nice pic chris ::)

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 05:46:40 pm »
Thank you ......does what it says on the tin >:(
Who is that in your picture and is he your HERO :o

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 10:19:33 pm »
Nah hes just a fat bloke who's good at darts ;)

Theres only one Eric Bristow ;D
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician