This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

When do you clean the sills.
« on: July 22, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »
I'm not sure how clean your customers sills are, but mine are always a mess, especially the ones under patio doors.

I do clean them, but the brush gets terribly dirty, and even if I first clean the frame on the next window, the dirt still gets transferred to the window. I'm fed up with rubbing my hand through the brush to get rid of all the mess. Makes rinsing on near impossible with the brush being contaminated and all.

clean

Re: When do you clean the sills.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:13 pm »
I do the sills every clean as thats the service i provide regardless of how dirty they are each visit,it takes a few seconds to clean the brush then a good rinse,but i do all the windows then sills after,upstairs windows then sills,downstairs windows then sills  ;)

Helen

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 06:30:09 pm »
If they are really bad get the customers hose pipe and using tap water blast them out, then carry on with pure water.

mr merson

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 06:33:29 pm »
Or you could trad em !  8)

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:39:03 pm »
Or just carry a cloth and wipe them over beforehand

S.A.J

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:43:41 pm »
just use a scrim for the bottom sills. Just a quick run round after you have finished!

johnny_h

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 06:55:55 pm »
i carry a hand brush and brush em off then if need wipe them over with a cloth i always seem to be brushing the front door off when they come to pay they love it
AUDI VIDE TACE

MNWC

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 07:05:01 pm »
I always get a wet rag and clean them (Downstairs) when ive finished windows on whole house.....its quicker in the long run !!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »
I suppose I could just do them the traditional way indeed. Would be a lot faster, all the much coming out of the gap always, even if you clean it properly.

Thanks guys.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:57:05 pm »
I suppose I could just do them the traditional way indeed. Would be a lot faster, all the much coming out of the gap always, even if you clean it properly.

Thanks guys.
Once you`ve done them the right way you won`t get all that muck coming out from the gaps everytime.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:00:39 pm »

Thanks guys.

That's what the bristles are for, to get in the gaps. When I get to the sill I turn the water off and flick the brush along, gets rid of the dirt in the gap in one swift swipe along. Have no intentions of trad wiping the sills, too much work :)