This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr D

which ro?
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:39:06 pm »
looking to buy my 1st ro. ive just orders a 400ltr tank from AG and will probaly be buying the rest of the bits i'll need from him but he dont sell RO's so which shall i go 4? 200GPD RO-MAN jobbie or 750GPD merlin one????

i want as little waste as i can as i'm on a meter :(

oh and please dont surgest 40'' ro of thermo system as my TOP end budget for ro is £270. but if the RO-MAN will be enough then i'dlike to save money there and use else were if you know what i mean.

i could really do with quick replys guys, sorry

Re: which ro?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43:13 pm »
The Merlins waste output is very high. 3 to 5 parts waste to 1 product typically.

Question answered?   :)

Andrew

alanwilson

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49:24 pm »
yeah if you are on a meter then the merlin is a no no.

for your budget I would go for either a 200gpd + booster pump if on low pressure or the 300gpd if you have good pressure (over 60psi)
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

mr D

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49:30 pm »
cheers A. you have been such a help.

mr D

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:50:24 pm »
ive no means of measuring my mains pressure but its very very high.

mr D

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:07 pm »
there is a 200GPD RO on ebay ending in 10hours i was gonna try and buy cheeper to save a few quid. but some one has just bid on it so no doubt it will like almost evey thing on ebay work its way up to nearly new price :(

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 11:00:24 pm »
I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand RO.

You don't know how well it has been looked after. Basically all RO systems of this type use almost identical housings (The plastic bits) It is what is in them that really counts. Quality of membranes etc. You could well buy a 2nd hand one and end up spending more than a new one after replacing prefilters and membranes if they are old/neglected.

Andrew

mr D

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 11:05:32 pm »
ok i'll leave that one then, andrew can i ask you? when you were working as purefredom and now as you work under your new name you sell many systems with RO's that are not named brands i,e RO-MAN or MERLIN instead using nameless ones often with your own logo on them. do you make them your self using top quallty membrains etc or buy them in and de-badge them so to speak??

mr D

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 11:08:10 pm »
see i live in dorset and our H2O is awfull!! its very very hard and i'm worried i'll end up buying all this stuff with the money i've saved and have nothing more than a gutter washing kit coz it leaves the H2o so full of poo its no good for windows.

mark dew

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 11:14:56 pm »
The only stick ro-man has ever got on here is that they don't answer the phone.
Can't remember anyone ever complaining about their RO's.

alanwilson

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 11:18:15 pm »
you may need a softener down there but the smaller ro's are very capable of dealing with high levels of water contaminants
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 11:25:34 pm »
see i live in dorset and our H2O is awfull!! its very very hard and i'm worried i'll end up buying all this stuff with the money i've saved and have nothing more than a gutter washing kit coz it leaves the H2o so full of poo its no good for windows.

I see Alan has answered this. He seems to know his Ro's very well and he is right.

As to your earlier question it isn't rocket science to buy in the RO housings and put industry standard filters and membranes in them. There are probably hundreds of companies in the UK that do just that. Merlin and RO-Man are merely brand names that are well recognised in the window cleaning industry. Buy enough membranes from one of the many manufacturers and they will print your name on them.

Andrew

poleman

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 11:33:57 pm »
TDS down hear Dean, is about 350ppm which is high, if you buy a RO this will only give you 90% pure water, you would need to use mix bed resin, just to complicate that matter lol  ;D

Andy  ;)

mr D

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:16 pm »
cheers andrew i thought as much. you do know your inderstry. so how much you gonna charge me for one of your top qualty Andrew Mcann RO's?  ;D ;D ;D

mates rates now were so close ;) ;D

mr D

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 11:36:09 pm »
TDS down hear Dean, is about 350ppm which is high, if you buy a RO this will only give you 90% pure water, you would need to use mix bed resin, just to complicate that matter lol  ;D

Andy  ;)

cheers andy i thought that already but this water softner thing is now worrying me my dad told me i'd need one but i just poo pooed it. just looked to see how much they are :o :o :o

there goes my budget!! :o

poleman

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:40:39 pm »
Some say Yes Some say No! personal dont think there is much to gain from having one! why! because the cost of buying one, having it installed and running out ways the benefits! ie it will prolong the RO membranes, so my good advice!...dont waste your money  ;)

Andy  ;)

mr D

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 11:42:28 pm »
the one my dads got looks like a di vessel not like the ones i'm finding on the web ??? i very much doubt hes was £300 like the cheepest ive found???

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:46:01 pm »
You WONT need a softener for a decent 200 or 300 GPD ro.  Sorry Andy but you wont. If you had a merlin or a 40 inch RO sys then yes you no doubt would.

Mr D my new mate  :o..  how desperate are you because the Andrew McCann Ro's wont be here tilln ext week. That is the 200 and 300 GPD ones. I can do a GREAT deal on 40 inch ones though  lol :)

My new 200's will be around the £150 to £160 mark.. delivered. Good quality though  :).. ermmm to mates that is  ;D

Andrew

poleman

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 11:50:38 pm »
I have a di vessel on my Merlin, you can get a small RO that will have this fitted but might need changing more

Andy
PS Whats Rick Bedding think of you getting a WFP  :o
PPS Andrew dont be sorry I agree with you  ;)

mr D

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »
 ;D i'm in no rush old friend ;) only orderd tank tonight. its hard work doing all this around woking and 4weekold baby in the house plus moaning wife/mother lol ;D

at the rate i'm going at i'll still not be wfping windows at christmas! :(

i can so see how apealing it is to get a pro fit like you guys to do it all for ya.

if i could aford it i would of done just that(my dads just got a new omlipole 40'' thinks its the nuts!) but i set my self a budget of £1000 and although i'm gonna creap over that i really cant aford to over strech my self what with new addition.

thing is its notjust the cost with factory fitted, your all miles from me so time off work+fuel+cost of system is just to much for this fledgling. ;D

i recon if some one was wanting to set up a wfp supplying and fitting company down here they would make a mint!