This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

solenoid valve needed
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:58:09 pm »
After having flooded the van a few times i have decided to fit a solenoid valve (i would like to perfect this before i change van) so when i fill my tank i don't have to worry about the tank overflowing. Has anyone else diyed this if so can you tell me how you did it and where you got everything needed from.
Many thanks
Philip.

darragh windows

Re: solenoid valve
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:34:04 pm »
i just fitted an overflow on mine it was cheaper an easy
jamie

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 09:00:07 pm »
I've a simple float valve fitted in mine. Cost about £7 and was fitted in 10 mins.

twt

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 09:32:35 pm »
thanks for your replies i don't want to fit an overflow because it is a waste of water.
Nathaneal what overflow valve did you use on my water butts that i use to store ro water i used a ball cock but i thought it may be difficult to use this method in an enclosed tank.

Re: solenoid valve needed
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:09:03 pm »
Hi Phillip

What type/size of RO system do you have?

Andrew

darragh windows

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:13:15 pm »
thanks for your replies i don't want to fit an overflow because it is a waste of water.
Nathaneal what overflow valve did you use on my water butts that i use to store ro water i used a ball cock but i thought it may be difficult to use this method in an enclosed tank.

sorry i wrote that wrong i have a ball cock to and an overflow ,i got the ball cock from like a cattle feed shop its very small they use them in cattle drinkers
jamie

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:56:41 pm »
A ballcock is dead easy to fit.

Ignore the dodgy wiring in the pic,... but you see where the hose goes into the tank?
I just drilled a 3/4" hole and used a standard brass ballcock. The Hozelock connector fits perfectly on the thread!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 06:31:39 am »
Nath,

what is the hose and what looks like a petrol pump handle for ?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:08 am »
Thats just for filling the backpack! I got the dispenser nozzle from Ro-man for £12!

;D ;D ;D

Xline Systems

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:34:21 am »
philip you have mail

twt

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:42 am »
the valve is not for my ro it is only to ensure that man van does not overflow when transfering from my static supply i wanted a valve which will not restrict the flow as i use 3/4"hose.
Xline sorry i can only recieve email and im unable to respond at the moment (windows mail is playing up) i got your message looked on your site but couldn't find any solenoid valves could you email me with the price and flow rating per minute.
thanks phil

Xline Systems

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 10:38:15 am »
we have 3/4 inch ports on our ballcocks. we have solanoid valves that would cope with the flow rate from your transfer hose.

Xline Systems

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:26 am »
you can call me for advise philip. just ask for james 0115 9394444

there are a few differant options.