Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

absolutecleaning

Communal areas
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:14:19 pm »
Hi there

Am doing some communal stairways tomorrow.  They are polyprop and fairly heavily soiled.

I was thinking about either traffic lane or powerburst (prochem) as a prespray and then fabric and fibre in the machine.

Does this sound ok?

Any other handy hints?

Cheers

Si

mark shannon

Re: Communal areas
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:21:10 pm »
Power burst and F&F should be fine both good quality chems.

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:26:34 pm »
good choice although i would go with ultrapac renovate and rinse with double clean
Mark

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:59 pm »
If you haven't done it yet, then print some slippery floor notices, ideally on yellow paper, and take some sticky backed plastic ::) and stick a notice on every door and the top and bottom of every stairway and other doorways. I presume that the stairs have nosings so these could become extra slippery for everybody.

When cleaning the steps, have a towel with you and towel dry every stair and nosing as you go.

It might sound silly, but also check your liability insurance. There are often height restrictions, primarily intended for other trades. These can be used as a get out clause should there be an accident. If you phone your insurers, they will normally remove the restriction for CCers, but wont after a claim has been made.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:58:20 pm »
Turbo dry stairs as well as wiping them down.

Shaun

Gerry Styles

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:52:03 pm »
I agree with Mark. Use Power Burst & Fibre & Fabric Rinse

I would only use Ultrapac if really greasy and rinse with Fibre & Fabric Rinse.

Power Burst PH11.0
Ultrapac PH10.8
DoubleClean PH9.4
Fibre & Fabric Rinse PH4
Premier Klean Limited

absolutecleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:20:30 am »
Cheers for the replies chaps - unfortunately I didnt have time to check them in the end after an early call from a letting agent.

Did them yesterday - with traffic lane gold in the end and they came up very well.

The reason I went with this rather than powerburst in the end was I didnt think there'd be much greasy soiling from the type of traffic.  Is this right?

I dried off the nosing as I went but unfotunately didnt think about the signs til I got there - will definitely do it next time.

Cheers

Si