Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alticry

training
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:42 pm »
Can anyone tell me which has the best training courses, NCCA or Prochem?

Joe H

Re: training
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:57:13 pm »
Have not done the Prochem course but it is likely to be product driven.

Have done the ncca course and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now a member.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:28:29 pm »
Same as Joe, did NCCA but shied away (and still do) from courses by one supplier only.

Enjoyed the NCCA course and have benefitted from membership since.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

nevil

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:07:17 pm »
I did the Prochem one. It was very good but as has been said it's very much biased towards their products.

I was pretty cross after the course as the whole thing seemed like a two day sales pitch. So I didn't use any of their stuff for the first three years of being in business. Although I have recently bought some Pureclean and Powerburst and was so impressed they have become my two main chems.

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 05:10:19 pm »
Both good but NCCA better.

MICHAEL_GAYTON

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 05:13:22 pm »
i have done both each one as its good points,your not made to buy chems so do not worry about the prochem one
ULTRA 4 CLUB
four systems one operator

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 05:33:42 pm »
Yep, done both, Prochem when I was just starting out and NCCA a few years later when I wanted to join. I found they were very similar although obviously Prochem used only their products.

However that wasn't a problem as I have always been delighted with the results I get and I know their system inside out.

Three reasons why I needed to do the Prochem course:-

When I did the Prochem course I didn't even know the NCCA existed.

I went to the Prochem course "up North" and therefore saved me considerable money not having to travel and pay food and accommodation costs.

I bought my business off somebody else so I had business coming in from day one and I realised that there was so much I had to learn very very quickly as before the course it was a case of "ignorance is bliss". The course came up about 3 weeks after I had taken over the business so came at an ideal time to me.

And finally

The Prochem training staff were very, very good. As good as Paul or Derek from NCCA and that gave me tremendous confidence in what I was doing. So it depends as much on the quality of the training.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 08:24:40 pm »
I done the Prochem many years ago with Mr RT very much hands and wand technique total ignored the sales patter, can’t comment on NCCA think more theory based but their directors are very helpful.

Think some directors with their hat on would need a stiff drink the way some clean carpets/rugs ;) ;D :-X

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Gerry Styles

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:51:01 pm »
Did the prochem courses a couple of years ago. Yes the do promote thier products but most people who go on them have usually bought a prpchem machine. They gave me a good introduction into carpet cleaning and I still keep my portable for those jobs a tm can't reach. I still buy some prochem and have tried others.

I tend to use what I think is best for the job.
Premier Klean Limited

*paul_moss

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:56:50 pm »
Ive done the Dave Lehona course  8) :o ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Gerry Styles

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:08:42 pm »
Was that the one at CCDO
Premier Klean Limited

davep

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:41 pm »
Ncca one is good but doesn't show much cleaning technique, a lot on fibre identification.

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:29:06 pm »
Paul

So have I and made a few bob from it! Totally hands on and left in the sun to assist drying, have advised some with backing to buy a new one. ;) ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

spindle

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 10:02:27 am »
did prochem...........very little or no practical....product driven...
beaten with fibre id.........lunch not great.........several fell asleep during training in equipment room......25people per session makes it difficult.

did ashbys course( yes i know ashbys again)

but for me this was a better course...still have sales patter but there where 6 trainees on the day........got to use all of the equipment used in demos and  asked lots of questions. derek was very helpful....everybody was offered 10% discount on everything bought at the end of the day.
and derek bought pub lunch complete with alcohol :o :o

cant tell offer opinion on ncca training as not done it...

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Gerry Styles

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 12:00:07 pm »
I am doing the IIRC course next month
Premier Klean Limited

markpowell

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 06:31:59 pm »
I have only done the Prochem course and i think it covers the basics ok for £100 its worth every penny imo.
Mark

sherco

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 06:38:04 pm »
I did the Prochem course, thought it was excellent. I had no experience in carpet cleaning what so ever, and i couldn't believe how much you need to know...10 out of 10 from me. Plus the lunch was very good too.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 06:47:04 pm »
IICRC is the one to do. Ive done all the rest and the IICRC is the best, plus you get a qualification at the end of it if you pass the exam.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »
Dave

Is it a NVQ one has to be careful, as some qualifications are not recognised in the UK by the general public. ;)

Chris

Next rug I get will show you how to use a buffer. ;D

Len

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 08:08:54 pm »
Hi Alticry, got your email accepting my invitation to a days hands on experiance,
this will help you understand more about carpets/fabrics before you go on any traing course.

Give me good notice and i will try to book in a suite, some carpets and possibly a bit of commercial
work too.

My tech has worked for chem dry and has a lot of experiance in a variety of cleaning situations.
He now prefers hwe  ;)

Maybe show you some low moisture cleaning too (muck spreading as some call it)

email me when your ready.

Andrew