Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stu_thomson

cfr machines
« on: January 26, 2005, 10:36:02 pm »
had a demo today of the cfr machines, would appreciate any feedback on these machines, i cant get my head around the filter sysyem, surely some soiled water would go back into the carpet? also no heat! can you really clean a carpet as well with cold water? seems alot of dollar as well for a 1 vacuum 1 pump machine. having said that i was impressed with it but would appreciate feedback from you guys. cheers stuart
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Derek

Re: cfr machines
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 07:03:57 am »
Stu

Two days ago I cleaned some thirty year old Axminster carpets (never been cleaned before)
Thoroughly pre-vacuumed, misted with One-Step Fineline, agitated and rinsed with CFR Pro-Station 400...stone cold water was used ..not by choice I might add

I was staggered by the result and so easy too...they really did 'look like new' baring in mind their age of course. Colours were bright..... boy was I chuffed (that's a technical term)

Derek

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 08:04:14 am »

Stu

Not a machine I would look to buy but I have heard some good things of other cc about them.

No you can't clean carpet as good with cold water as you can with hot.

Have a good shop around first before you buy any machine.

If you can wait until March 1-3 you can shop til you drop in the Cleaningshow

www.cleaningshow.co.uk   

Hope this helps

Regards

Gavin

Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Derek

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 04:12:44 pm »
Gavin

There was a time in my career when I may have agreed with you totally.

I started out with a machine with no heater, have had several machines with heaters (still have two of them) but I can honestly say that these days I can achieve the same results without any heat. I do use warm water whenever possible but in the instance mentioned in my previous post there wasn't any at all or the facilities for obtaining any

Just requires an adjustment of the cleaning pie.

Derek

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 05:35:58 pm »
I agree with Gavin i find i achieve better results with warm/hot water especially on stubburn areas.
I do find a big difference in the drying times though,if i use  hot water the drying times are far quicker than cleaning with cold water.

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 06:14:11 pm »
On the face of it, his would not seem to be the machine to buy - cold/warm water, single vac .................

But the machine itself is only part of a complete system comprising of machine, tools, chemicals, heat and operator.

Derek mentioned adjustments to the cleaning pie; it is the correct application and balance of the various elements of the clean that determine the end result, whatever machine is used.

One other factor, with no disrespect to any users of the CFR, I do believe that it is probably the most idiot-proof HWE on the market.

stu_thomson

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 08:55:02 pm »
thanx for replies guys, i have certainly looked at other machines  and systems on the market, but my local supplier has just got the contract for these cfr machines so the back up service if there are problems are near and handy which is a big selling point! will have a big think anyway. perhaps if the machine is idiot proof as john says my 6 year old boy could earn a few quid for me as well! does anybody need one of my kidneys by the way so i can finance my purchase! cheers stuart
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Derek

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 08:31:17 am »
Big Brother John

I am truly sorry to have to correct you...some new owners do find difficulty with their new cfr machines and it does take a little time to adjust to the system. So strictly not completely idiot proof although I managed it  ;)

You only have to look at the specification..you have already hightlighted some points...

One Vacuum. cleaning with recycled water etc...lets face it seems to contradict all the principles of obtaining a good clean with good drying times.

It took me a while to get my 'old' head around this too and its only by borrowing a machine and trying it out that I was convinced...wouldn't be with out it now though... thinking of buying a second unit as backup

This is no reflection on cfr but I am a 'belt and braces' sort of chap and like the knowledge that 'IF' my cfr machine does break down I have an alternative

Incidentally drying times are at least halved 'in spite' of the one vacuum and a moisture output of 400psi..try getting your head around that one

Cheers
Derek

Karl Wildey

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 08:39:42 am »
Surely if you adjust the cleaning pie, then by incresing heat you can then reduce on the other three elements. Therefore heat must make a difference,
or the cleaning pie is wrong.

Hot water, and the hotter the better (depending on carpet), makes for an easier clean.

Martin S

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 08:42:44 am »
Hi Derek,

Do you use only CFR recommended chemicals?  Or can you use others as your ''Solution''?    ;) ;) ;D

Regards.

Martin S
Martin

Dynafoam

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 10:02:36 am »
Derek,

I used the term "idiot proof" rather too loosely.

What I should have said is that since the floor wand can virtually be held static without causing a major disaster, having mastered the basic wanding it is far more forgiving than a conventional wand.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 03:52:33 pm »
Hot water, and the hotter the better (depending on carpet), makes for an easier clean.

Not if you have a CFR blasting 400psi across the carpet. I have only noticed heat making a difference on the "black stuff". The cleaning pie is made of many different factors, and changes with each separate carpet and the machine you are using. On 95% of carpets, for me heat makes no difference, this system has to be seen, even now like Derek I am amazed at the results sometimes. So the pie is not wrong it just changes with this machine because of the higher psi and the unique tooling. If anything I would reduce heat and increase on the other elements on a normal machine, I believe Ken has been trying this with success.
Martin I think most CFR users use micro splitters as this does not produce foam and gets great results.

Mark

Derek

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 07:11:36 pm »
Hi

Mark is correct the 400psi output can also be considered as a form of jet agitation thereby increasing that particular section of the cleaning pie.
The cleaning pie, like the many carpet cleaning methods can be adapted to suit the job on hand...horses for courses.

Derek

Eddie_Rhone

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 07:49:50 pm »
Hi Everyone

Just a Thought, The Cfr system as i understand it uses a unique wand, atomising the water, never seen it so stand to be corrected. Is this the real key to the improved results people experience and if so could the wand be attached to any port or tm system and improved results been obtained by anyone using the wand.

regards

Eddie

Mark Roberts

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 08:17:40 pm »
Eddie,

You can use the wand or hand tools with the CFR conversion hose. This will allow you to use it on any machine, and give great results no doubt. But remember at 400psi the wand uses 1.25 gallons (4.7 litres) per minute so the tank water aint gonna last that long unless you recycle it. Also I am not sure of the minimum amount of psi required to make the wand atomise so it would be worth speaking to Steve Carpenter or Amtec. I would think 150psi or more.

Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 08:20:29 pm »
Martin

I believe if memory serves me correctly, one should only use cfr agents due to their properties some thing about the filter configuration, then again could be wrong!

Eddie

Sorry no experience of the wand, but the hand tools the bee’s knees

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mark Roberts

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 08:29:31 pm »
Martin
I believe if memory serves me correctly, one should only use cfr agents due to their properties some thing about the filter configuration, then again could be wrong!

Len you crack me up  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.another forum.co.uk/?board=cc_issues;action=display;num=1097436040;start=15

Mark

stu_thomson

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 08:54:07 pm »
im having a one to one demo hopefully next week if i again like the machine will go for it, question for derek, roller wand or glide? at 500 quid a piece i dont want to get the wrong one, also 3 inch or 5 inch hand tool? cheers stu
karl did you see the demo at hugh crane??

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 09:13:13 pm »
Mark

Something just clicks; just like last week customer phoned do you remember me? Brain not that I have one goes into over load your Rabbi XXX.

Key words/phrases set me off!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mark Roberts

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2005, 12:43:02 am »
Stu,
Roller wand, no question. The glide one feels like your not doing anything! If you can afford it get the 3" and 5". If not start with the 3" and get saving.

Len, just buy one, you know you want it...! Did you enjoy the Amtec  day out?

Mark