Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R-CLEAN

MICRO SPLITTERS
« on: June 24, 2008, 06:15:33 pm »
hi all, av just recently heard about micro splitters and i was just after your opinions on them. Do they do a better job all round ? Does it make the job easier? When are they best used? etc

just a little bit more info on them would be great

thanks

Kinver_Clean

Re: MICRO SPLITTERS
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:25:13 pm »
Here goes--I do not intend to upset anyone, but-

I only use microsplitters, I only use cold water, I only use a top class portable.
I clean a lot of gruesome letting properties and very rarely have any difficulties with obtaining a satisfactory result.
The only thing is that you follow the directions and agitate well, and then some more. On really trashed carpet I use the white hard brushes, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

colin thomas

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:19 pm »
pure clean made by prochem is a microsplitter and i use it most of the time now, much better than the other product. i have done some fearsome bad carpets with it and get great results everytime,

colin
colin thomas

neil 47

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 06:52:08 pm »
R-clean ,is that your real name  ??? ;D

I use them 90% of the time ,as Trevor said agitation is the key .
When I first started using them I used a brush ,but found that m/s didn,t always give me the results I wanted but when I purchased a sebo duo it made a vast improvement .

Neil
IICRC

R-CLEAN

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:06:56 pm »
lol no sorry my names Ralph  ;D

so what does the sebo duo actually do just agitate the carpet? i use a extracta excel so once i've done this i would just extract it using just hot water yep

cheers Ralph

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 07:16:58 pm »
Micro splitters are very effective if used as directed. As others have said, agitation is the key. Powered agitation, IMO, is essential and the key to success.

Greasy soil can be tough going. I have used Prochem's Citra-Boost (available from our site sponsors) as an additive to a Woolsafe M/S on REALLY greasy polyprop carpet (Chinese students). Even after 28 years of dragging a wand, I was impressed with the results after a COLD rinse.

Unlike microsplitters, Citra Boost is not free rinsing, so I would advise a mild detergent or acidic agent in the rinse solution.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

spencer davies

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 07:51:24 pm »
We have been using micro splitters since 2005, we use an Envirodry machine to agitate which is considerably better than a SEBO duo, in conjunction with a Hydramaster Truckmount, the results are hard to believe.

Regards

S

davep

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:01:51 pm »
Spencer, off subject but can you tell me (or mail me  daveypower@hotmail.co.uk)

Do you use 1and1?  If so do you have someone that fiddles with the code or is it a template?

Ta,

Dave

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:05:42 pm »
Ralph,
Do yourself and your business a huge favour and only use micro-splitters when you absolutely have to. The rest of the time use a proper carpet cleaning product like Prochem Powerburst and rinse with Fibre and Fabric Rinse.
Power Burst works on contact with the carpet and requires NO agitation and removes a vast spectrum of soils with a minimum dwell time.

Sorry guy's, just my opinion.

Simon

Darren O

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:23:30 pm »
Simon do you ever use formula 90.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:43 pm »
Darren,
No. I've tried it as I try most products on the market but didn't rate it particularly highly.

Simon

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 08:39:30 pm »
Simon

I would love to use Powerburst on manky wool carpets, but that's not on in my opinion for residential, or posh venue clients.

Do cruise ships have wool and you use Powerburst? I would have thought you could just use hot water with your machine.

Pureclean is a good alrounder, but you need other stuff as well.

richie

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 08:47:17 pm »
I have used Micro-Splitters extensively.  The best one on the market is Prochem Pure Clean.  Micro-splitters do work very well but in my opinion they have a lower limit to what they can do when put side by side with chemicals like Prochem PowerBurst or Prochem Traffic Clean.  If you are cleaning carpets that are only lightly or medium soiled then they will give you a result that is satisfactory however, when you hit a heavily soiled job they cant stand up to the test.    The down side to micro-splitters is the aggitation and with some the dwell time.  This puts time on the job which in turn is money lost in time.  Micro-splitters are very good on upholstery though,  this is where i favour to use them.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 08:55:31 pm »
Mike,

You have to balance the damage the soil in the carpet does to the carpet merely by being present in it, with the means you are obliged to adopt to remove it. The school of thought that frowns upon the use of alkaline cleaning agents on wool carpets falls a bit on it's arse when confronted with the operational requirement to remove some quite heavy and diverse range of soils from a carpet in double quick time.
One of the great advantages of a chemical like Powerburst is that it requires little or no dwell time and therefore we will pre-spray only a relatively small area that is cleaned and rinsed very thoroughly indeed only minutes later, returning the carpet to a neutral Ph or slightly less.
Any chemical MS, Alkaline or Acid is and invasion of the carpets natural status and the quicker it is applied and then removed the better which is one of the many reasons I don't like Micro-splitters as a pre-spray of choice.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 08:59:27 pm »
Richie,

You're quite right, mate, Pure Clean is excellent on upholstery.

Simon

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 09:06:16 pm »
Fair enough Simon.

I was just wondering if anyone has fallen foul of this. ie manky pub carpet, and 6 months they get a call it's falling apart.

I seem to attract off white wool people and I just wish I could hit it with something so I only had to clean it once. :'(

John Gregory

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »
Simon   I use power burst a lot, not got a problem using it on wool , but I aggitate with envirodry then extract with fibre and fabric rince , how long do you think is a safe length of time to leave a high ph chemical on a wool carpet without doing any damage ,  lets say doing a 30 ft throu lounge  by the time you get to the far end of the room the detergent could of been in contact with the carpet for 30 mins or so  

john

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:14:19 pm »
Mike,
I think the don't use alkaline chemicals on wool carpets brigade are worried more about cuticle damage than any real fear of the carpet actually disintegrating as a consequence, but they'd like you to live in fear of just that in order to retain their dubious, in my opinion credibility.

Sometimes people damage carpet far more by avoiding addressing the soil conditions with the appropriate solution which may be an alkaline and then go for a neutral cleaning agent that is supposedly kinder to the carpet and have to scrub it with a rotary to get anything near the required result and cause untold damage to the carpet in-so-doing.

Simon