This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mick (UHPS)

Re: WHY FIGHT WITH EACH OTHER??
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 08:54:27 am »
Well Missyshell I dont agree.  :o
Only joking   :)

But thats forums for you.  ;)

David Slater

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 08:58:20 am »
Must admit, from a newbie perspective it is quite tiresome.

There seems to be so much animosity and venom. Its quite unpleasant and does nothing to encourage others to post.

Saying that, there are some really good blokes who have given me their time freely and without any ulterior motive. For those guys alone, its worth trawling through  (what appears to be) a growing mountain of simmering anger.

MissyShell

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 08:59:52 am »
I understand not everyone can get on and just because im a women im not trying to sort everyone out or put the world to right all im saying is there are topics on here from some genuinely wanting advice about things ie setting up letters?loosing customers etc etc and people who read it are hopefully giving advice because they have had it happen to them but I dont like it when some fet nasty why just not go into that topic instead of being horrid?
Ive been taught by my dad if you have nothing good to say then dont say anything ive turned that now on my children and taught them if you want to voice your opinion then only do it if it is going to benefit that person or dont say it.
My dad has taught me alot with window cleaning and life generally and neither of us cant be doing with negative people.
We are all here doing the same job we all once started new and learn from our experiences and have had help from others thats what makes us the window cleaners we are today.
WHERE IS THE LOVE?
Yes I have given good advice I have never said anything to anyone on here that can come across nasty.
I am more than aware this is for window cleaning issues and this was a window cleaning issue not a problem page.
Michelle. >:(

MissyShell

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 09:06:03 am »
Sorry shell but another post in the wrong section. :-\

Agree with what yer saying but this IS A WINDOW CLEANING SECTION.

Bob
This was purely fired because of reading topics that interested me on this forum but a hand full took it too far.
Like its been said we are all doing the same job and I value peoples positive opinions but leave the negative ones as they have not helped me what so ever.
Many people on here are great they have had lots more experience than me and there stories/advice are great.
If theres something on here you dont like dont get funny about it just ignore it.
Life is too short for negative people. :( :( :(

MissyShell

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 09:07:53 am »
I will never be drawn into an argument, if some one want to have a dig or a pop at me, I'll just ignore them, in real life I'm the same, I hate arguing. :'(

What I can't understand is, there are already a few posts that I have no interest in, so what do I do, I don't read it, I don't go into it and give a negative reply.

I can't make it out when guy's come into posts, lets use the Harris pole topic as an example, guy's have come on there and said I'm bored with this post just put it to sleep and let it go? WHY should this happen, other members have an interest in it, if you don't like a post, Take a tip from me and don't read it instead of going into it and giving a negative reply and causing negative responses.
Thanks dad x x x ;D

MissyShell

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 09:09:41 am »
Well Missyshell I dont agree.  :o
Only joking   :)

But thats forums for you.  ;)
I have no problem with people not agreeing with me this job would be very boring if we all didnt agree but you showed your opinion without being offensive!Thank-you. ::)

MissyShell

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 09:11:23 am »
I agree with you on this one Shell, I used to be like it as well, always looking to have a pop at someone or wind somebody up to provoke a reaction. But I have seen the error of my ways and turned over a new leaf, as it is not helpful in anyway to always look to criticise others, unless it is in a constructive way. So I now always try to take my time, and think carefully before I post a reply, I try to follow the excellent example of your Dad jeff, who has taught me so much, not only about window cleaning, but about the correct way to conduct yourself on the forum, and also in life!!  :)
Here here!! more people like you and me!My dads ace!!!Thank-you. :D

jeff1

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 11:41:09 am »
I agree with you on this one Shell, I used to be like it as well, always looking to have a pop at someone or wind somebody up to provoke a reaction. But I have seen the error of my ways and turned over a new leaf, as it is not helpful in anyway to always look to criticise others, unless it is in a constructive way. So I now always try to take my time, and think carefully before I post a reply, I try to follow the excellent example of your Dad jeff, who has taught me so much, not only about window cleaning, but about the correct way to conduct yourself on the forum, and also in life!!  :)
Here here!! more people like you and me!My dads ace!!!Thank-you. :D
I'm not ace, I just give all people the respect they deserve, but one thing in life has taught me, I demand it back.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 08:33:39 pm »
Wake up folks, this isn't real life, if you think it is you obviously spend too much time on forums. I too can't stand negative people, but you have to separate what is venom and what is "sledging". In real life people say things to wind you up and you can tell how they mean it. On forums you type the same thing after a beer and it becomes a permenant record of your thoughts.

In past lives on here I've been abused and laughed at, i've also been helped greatly, i've even had to say sorry on more than one occasion.

This forum isn't the same as it was when I first joined, when Tosh was a newbie and squeaky a boy. Now it seems it's more of a big boys ego club.
Dont let it get to you, but at the same time, dont expect it to change.

gary999

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 12:17:59 am »
gor blimey lifes to short..its just a forum ;D

geefree

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 02:34:33 am »
if nothing good to say dont say it.......? iwish gordon brown would take your advice shell.. ;)