This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

i'v noticed
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:14:19 pm »
that on this forum whenever someone loses a job to someone whos cheaper, they are unprofessional,and not doing a good job :o

what a load of nonsense.... this is sometimes true , but not always the case.    sometimes  a wfp guy will be able to price cheaper if he has a a lot of custies in the area...

this forum makes me laugh sometimes, with the amount of guys with over inflated ideas of themselves...(YOU ARE JUST WINDOW CLEANERS LIKE ME )

Jeff Brimble

Re: i'v noticed
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:16:30 pm »
I prefer to think I am in business and my chosen vehicle for making money is window cleaning.

peter holley

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:18:30 pm »
HI electric...
regards
taffy

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:02 pm »
Whatcha  ;D

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »
that on this forum whenever someone loses a job to someone whos cheaper, they are unprofessional,and not doing a good job :o

what a load of nonsense.... this is sometimes true , but not always the case.    sometimes  a wfp guy will be able to price cheaper if he has a a lot of custies in the area...

this forum makes me laugh sometimes, with the amount of guys with over inflated ideas of themselves...(YOU ARE JUST WINDOW CLEANERS LIKE ME )
If you don't like reading stuff on here you know where the off button is.   ::)

peter holley

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:26:22 pm »

ahh a politition ;D

peter holley

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:28:55 pm »

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:30:50 pm »

ahh a politition ;D
It's true tho' isn't it? There's loads of stuff posted that makes ones blood boil, but you can't please everyone.

I wouldn't worry about it - but you do perhaps have a point, but you even admit in your first post that, 'it's sometimes true', just after saying that it's 'nonsense'.  But confusing.

Best wishes and hatred

T.Umble.

Just kidding about the hatred thing, ok?   :)

peter holley

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 10:37:40 pm »
mmmm. i,m confused myself ???
but i know what you mean , and what i mean ::)

NWH

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 10:53:24 pm »

I have an over inflated idea of myself to right i do no one else will only my family and wife,it`s a jungle out there the weak get eaten.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 01:55:57 am »

ahh a politition ;D
It's true tho' isn't it? There's loads of stuff posted that makes ones blood boil, but you can't please everyone.

I wouldn't worry about it - but you do perhaps have a point, but you even admit in your first post that, 'it's sometimes true', just after saying that it's 'nonsense'.  But confusing.

Best wishes and hatred

T.Umble.

Mr Tumble, can I ask what is with the supersize images you use in your signature. Anyone with a slow connection will have to wait ages for a post to long should you reply twice let alone three times lol

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 06:54:36 am »

I have an over inflated idea of myself to right i do no one else will only my family and wife,it`s a jungle out there the weak get eaten.

Bang on NWH !!!!

Theres no "just" about being a window cleaner.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 07:05:41 am »

ahh a politition ;D

Best wishes and hatred

T.Umble.

Mr Tumble, can I ask what is with the supersize images you use in your signature. Anyone with a slow connection will have to wait ages for a post to long should you reply twice let alone three times lol
Relax, man.
I thought they were going to be smaller.

peter holley

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 07:19:07 am »

Bang on NWH !!!!

Theres no "just" about being a window cleaner.

that's my point ....we feel proud to be succesfull  as window cleaners, and the majority of our customers value our services, but on the whole our proffesion is percieved as "just" a window cleaner. Hence the resentment of statements such as "just" a wc, as we hear it all the time,. therefore some wc feel the need to elevate themselves into super cleaners ::)  like me ;D

Pippin

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 07:23:55 am »
In the areas that I work I have had to turn work down as i have too much, and as the wfp is a lot quicker than traditional you have to price accordingly (which is usually cheaper) and if the cussie is not happy with wfp and wants trad then i charge more for getting me ladders off

Helen

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »
Quote from: p holley
 sometimes  a wfp guy will be able to price cheaper if he has a a lot of custies in the area...
[quote

Perhaps it's because we converted to wfp from trad that we still price as if we were going to trad.

there will always be someone cheaper than yourselves, good Wc's or bador perhaps..........people just don't want to admit that they've lost a custie to someone who is charging more  ;D

To be honest when we've had people cancel and they say it's because of your price etc etc, I really do not want to know what their next one is going to charge as there really is no point  ;)

pingu

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 01:16:03 pm »
Why is it that so many of us see ourselves as lowly window cleaners? I know from time to time I do and I also laugh when I look at George and it shows me how much I have turned over for the week....Business is growing and doing well  :)

Personally I used to have a good career in computing and spent many years buidling a good life within it...I suppose that during those 'good' years I did look down on manual labour...and those that did it...so in a nutshell thats why I feel 'lowly' sometimes...how about you?

Dave.

gary999

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 06:18:54 pm »
never think about it,the only thing that interests me is how much money
i can make so my family and myself can enjoy a better lifestyle.i would
shovel sh**e if it paid enough worrying about my status what a waste of time
and energy if people who dont matter to me percieve me as substandard because
i clean windows so what its only the people who are close to me whose
opinions really matter :)

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 06:37:07 pm »
I find it strange then, after hearing how marvelous you all are, that not one amongst is considered good enough to be a moderator on this site.

That has to be the ultimate, just a window cleaner put down.

I can think of over ten names that would do a good job, so where exactly does the problem lie?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 07:02:18 pm »
...(YOU ARE JUST WINDOW CLEANERS LIKE ME )

Speak for yourself.

I am just not any old window cleaner , I am a Marks&Spencers  window cleaner  ;D