Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive ware

best leather cleaning course
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:18:02 pm »
After 22 years of cleaning carpets and upholstery, I have finally decided to have a go at cleaning leather. Never cleaned one leather suite in my life.
My wife is quite keen to come as well as she thinks it is the only way ours will ever get cleaned!!
Come to think of it, I might send her on a carpet cleaning course as well!!
Anyway has anyone been on the main two courses and thought that one was better than the other?
Cheers,

Clive (and Liz)

stevegunn

Re: best leather cleaning course
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:30:03 pm »
Depends if you just want cleaning or repair course.Ltt very in depth if anything too in depth for 2 days.Furniture clinic very good cleaning side and basic repairs.Ltt doing course down in Portsmouth in August

Get yourself up to Gateshead and I'll get John Kelly to show your all the best gay night clubs in Newcastle ;D ;) nightlife in Harrogate poor.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:34:53 pm »
I've been round Harrogate and it is poor for nightlife, Alltec are doing Leather cleaning on the 18th September £75 and £55 for the 2nd person, 1 day course.

Shaun

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:37:55 pm »
 ;D ;D Shaun knows all the bad places inside out.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:38:05 pm »
I've been round Harrogate and it is poor for nightlife, Alltec are doing Leather cleaning on the 18th September £75 and £55 for the 2nd person, 1 day course.

Shaun

That's because you only spent a fiver :o

Peter Dawson

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:40:29 pm »
Hi Clive although I am still a newby at cleaning I did the 4 seperate days at LTT this year and was very impressed by the course delivery from Andy. If I had to pick fault I thought the course notes were a little Light especially for the repair and renovation days.
Peter

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 09:42:26 pm »
I have never and will not ever spend a fiver.

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:45:49 pm »
I only get asked to clean leather about 6 times a year so if your the same its a waste of your time and money.

Theres really only one type of leather that cleans well and safely.  

You spray the product on, agitate it in and wipe off.  99% of the suites I do are cream and although may not look dirty really are once you start.  Its back breaking and a very long and boring 2 hours.  However as theres no noise in the room you can have the telly on while you clean, although book it for the afternoon as day time tv is rubbish.

But then Im bias as I dont like cleaning leather.

Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:59:30 pm »
Mark did you get my text
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

mark_roberts

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 10:02:37 pm »
No.

Im the Irish Mark do you mean me or the English one.

Mark

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 10:05:59 pm »
hi,

I have been on the LTT course. Excellent course very hands on.  Judy and Andy are a great help always on the end of the phone also for anything tricky.

Certainly opened my eyes to the potential of leather cleaning.

Darren

Darren O

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:23:34 pm »
I average about 3 suites a week and will be lucky if i do 10 leather suites a year.I keep hearing this about theres a lot of cash in cleaning leather but everybody i no with a leather suite cleans it there self with the stuff that came with it.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:27:52 pm »
Do a restoration course if you can. Only just done ours, have a 3pc next week (colour match just back and seat cushions), return a swivel chair (grease removal) and also car seat repair. Over £700.00 and website has only been going a couple of weeks ;D

Andy at LTT is very good, cant comment on FC as never been there, but their phone advice is on par with LTT.

clive ware

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 10:55:00 pm »
Thanks for all your replies.

Clive

Bob Allen

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 06:31:32 pm »
Clive i need my leather suite and carpet cleaned can your wife come round tonight about 8.00 ?  ;D
Bob Allen

clive ware

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 10:57:02 pm »
Too good for you mate!! ;)