Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Mac

Where do you start?
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:10:51 am »
If you dont ask you wont find out.

What i know about cleaning you could write on the back of a stamp. So here's the question.

I would like to my extend my cleaning services i offer people. I already have a customer base with my window cleaning round, i dont cut corners on equipment, it all stacks up to a tidy sum, more and more often customers say ' pity you dont do so and so'. Well i could be interested  in doing so and so. Where do you start to look and how do you at least learn the basics.

How did you start?

John Kelly

Re: Where do you start?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 03:01:34 pm »
I take it you mean carpet cleaning. Find a good local supplier and go and have a chat with them. Make sure it is a specific carpet cleaning supplier not just Janitorial or you'll come away with a crap machine and no further forward than when you went in.
I have a number of customers who made this mistake and ended up with a selection of Karcher, Numatics etc that don't really cut the ice.
Also seek out some training courses.

davep

M.Acorn

Re: Where do you start?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 04:53:19 pm »
My wife ran a domestic cleaning company , i was constantly getting moaned at for the hours i worked as a head chef ,she wanted me to jack it in ,but i stuck it out as i was on good ££ i got made redundant in the end,so i put my redundancy money twords a carpet cleaning machine,been running for over 4 years now,still investing in the business and still learning.
It`s very very up and down though,i have a large database of her customers, i work for several large letting agy`s,i do a few hours  office cleaning and a couple of domestic cleans just to tide me over,i can survive on that if needs be.
i now get moaned at for all the time off i have  ;D but i love it would not stop being self employed for anything.
i have always got things on the go currently rebuilding my track/road car it`s soaking up lot`s of my time and money ,but i love it
What goes around comes around