This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Mr Tumble

It is meant to end on Tuesday. Is it time to panic buy?

Alex Gardiner

I have enough fuel to last for 1 months work. Kids could walk to school ( 1.5 miles) and the nearest supermarket (well a co-op!) is about 0.24 miles away.

AuRavelling79

It is meant to end on Tuesday. Is it time to panic buy?

No ... it's only Shell stations...
It's a game of three halves!

RO-Sheen

I filled up last night just in case. Quite often you hear of strikes planned to end on a certain day and then when the day comes around an agreement hasnt been reached and then it is extended again.

I just noticed the last post....only shell effected. That will explain why Esso was like a ghosttown last night ::)
Formerly known as GARGAAX

steve m

they put it on national tv to make every one panick buy. If it wasnt advertised as a strike no one would be any the wiser and people would buy fuel as normal. Cos its on the news we all go and Q for ages and cause the problem

*Mr Tumble

Couldn't agree more. The media should turn a blind eye now and then I reckon. 0)

WCE

The thing is we all want the fuel prices to come down. The strike has nothing to do with the price of fuel and is only being undertaken by drivers who deliver to shell. Therefore by panic buying all you are doing is adding to their profits.
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

jaykie

A bloke up the road from me buys cars and scraps them, just done a deal that i do his house ( normally about £11) and he gives me 25 liter drum of diesal so got good deal.

Chris

jeff1

Through out the year I pay a little extra for my fuel from a village garage.

when the last strike was on, he was turning non regulars away, I pulled up and was allowed to fill my tank up, so as long as he has fuel I'm OK.

LWC

yes lets all panic buy cause that will help...it will make the petrol companies even more money when they wont actually run out anyway...its only 15 stores that will suffer, stop makin a big deal over it

kirky

lads just a point..the tanker drivers nly work for shell ........calm down like and use BP or jet or morrisons ;)

rob fryer

Morrisons are supplid by shell, the bp by me ran out of petrol dinner time , tesco also running out allready have cones out, Dont panic mr mannering

tacky

calm down jones u stupid boy

jaykie

Theyve said on my local radio that a lot of little towns around here only have a esso in so people are travelling to the next nearest petrol station to get fuel so its having a knock on affect, people see a que and join it as think there going to run out.

Chris

kris martin

ive got enough fuel to get to work on monday only, but no problem becase now im wfp (trolley) i can go to work in my personal car which is full.. ;D

David Slater

I dont think you can afford to be blase about something that is so fundamental to operating your own business.

Shell has a market position of around 10% of all UK petrol forecourts (thats quite a large number and makes Shell a major player). Shell also supplies other companies such a Tesco.

'Staying calm' is a reasonable statement to make I suppose.

Being aware that if you withdraw 10%+ (with other companies supplied by Shell ) of the market, that will quite naturally put a spike in other companies providing that commodity is important.

Lets say you buy your groceries at Tesco - If Tesco ran out of bread, would you stay calm and sit at home without bread?....or would you go to Asda for your bread?

....and what do you think 10%+ of the driving population will do when their local Shell or Tesco runs out of fuel? Sit at home calmly waiting for stock or search out other supplies?

'Start panicking'? -  No.
'Keep a close eye on things' while having a full tank of fuel? - Yes.

ronnie paton

my local sainsburys ran out of unleaded??? so it could look a little doomy...................but hey my vans diesel so i filled up!! ;D

s.hughes

My car will run for 2 weeks on a tank of diesel, so no probs for me.

Steve

sjm

Im thinking of investing in a shire horse ( does anyone know what tltre tank I could strap on ? )  ;D