This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: Transit or Vivaro
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:03 pm »
I noticed today that the AA use Vivaros and Trafics.

They're not going to choose an unreliable van are they?

Use your loaf. ::)

NWH

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 06:40:58 pm »
The ford in that model is ugly,i reckon it`s 1 of the worst looking vans on the road at the moment if not the worst.

steve m

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 06:45:19 pm »
the AA dont use five year old vans

WCE

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 08:35:11 pm »
The AA also use transporters and along with the RAC. They both use that more than the traffic or vivaro.
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

WCE

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 08:39:04 pm »
The AA also use transporters and along with the RAC. They both use that more than the traffic or vivaro.

And anyway the reason they do use vivaros, traffics or transporters don't have nothing to do with reliability it is to do with the purchasing/fleet contract hire deal they negotiated. They buy/lease in bulk and shop around for the best deal.

rugby

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 08:39:19 pm »
had both transits and vivaro's  now useing a movano and i have to say i dont think i would ever go back to a ford ever again. i have noticed a slight geer box problem with my 03 movano just lately,but thats still a minor problem to the one i have had with every transit i have owned, and thats simply the fact that they turn into compleat rust boxs within 6 years or so.
ford transit -----never again

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 08:40:05 pm »
Can't say I've noticed that, but if they did, that's besides the point.

They wouldn't use a crap unreliable van.

WCE

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 08:41:21 pm »

And anyway the reason they do use vivaros, traffics or transporters don't have nothing to do with reliability it is to do with the purchasing/fleet contract hire deal they negotiated. They buy/lease in bulk and shop around for the best deal.

dudek

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 09:18:09 pm »
I cant remember the website now but its one of these compare products against each other type sites and the vw transporter scored top marks and averaged 9.3 out of ten and left the mercedes vito well behind

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:56 pm »
just bought a fiat ducato an 05 plate for 5500 19000 miles on the clock did look at vivaro primastar trafic and ford but was put off by problem with gearbox so went for a fiat as its the same as pug and citroen  and much cheaper to buy than the others i have had vws but they are expensive and hard to find one thats not been round the clock twice but at the end of the day as long as it does what you bought it for what does it matter . ;D ;D

stu_thomson

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 10:07:26 pm »
Ive had a traffic since 2003 and no probs whatso ever, maybe coming up for sale very soon but perhaps this isnt the place to advertise it for sale after all the comments ::)

03 traffic 35k vgc £5000,  norwich norfolk

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

vision tech

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 11:03:33 pm »
ive got a traffic  02 ,120000 miles ,drives like a dream,gearbox is sound.
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:28 pm »
None of this is helping me make a decision  ;D

Dean

maxwe11

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 11:18:34 pm »
sprinter ;D

craig jwc

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 09:08:57 am »
I had to replace my kangoo a couple months ago as the rear axle snapped.
I wanted a Transporter but after talking to a few people with them i was told they were fine unloaded, but with weight in the back they struggled.
I went for an 02 Transit as they are cheap and easy to repair.
Only problem i have with it is that some of the jobs i have, the Transit is too big to get to them.
I have got the Kangoo fixed but am going to have to kit this van out if i want to keep the jobs.
I have dropped a couple,but there's some i would like to keep.
Think about the access to jobs aswell when deciding on what van.
The more work you pick up the bigger van would be better, but remember about the work you already have, unless you are in the positon to drop some.

Craig

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:09 am »
My next vehicle change will probably be around Autumn 2010 when I finish the loan for my current one.  The longer wheelbas, bigger payload Toyota Hiace looks a distinct possibility.  My Vivarolike Trafic seems OK but I've never trusted it fully since the gearbox went at 39,000 miles (under warranty).

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:57 am »
transits are really good at carrying the weight ..very torquey engines.

i had a 51 plate t280 swb 100bhp.

only thing to look out for o tem is the clutch and dual mass flywheels as thwey cost around 700 to replace.

on the good side though they have timing chains not belts...one less worry

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

David Slater

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 12:53:17 pm »
I noticed today that the AA use Vivaros and Trafics.

They're not going to choose an unreliable van are they?

Use your loaf. ::)

The Post Office use Iveco's......I would'nt buy one of those!

As as another poster already mentioned - theres a world of difference between running a brand spanky new one and a five year old van.

The Post Office, AA, RAC and big courier firms will get enormous discounts when buying vans in the hundreds and I'm sure Vauxhall, Iveco, Ford and the like all try very hard to secure those contracts so what 'sweeteners' they chuck into the deal well never know (longer warranties, free vans for breakdowns etc. etc.)

I've rented a Vivaro for a weekend and thought it was horrible. It was terribly slow and a little bit skittish for such a small van....but its the best looking van by far.

Personally my money would go to Transit. Easy for parts, every mechanic knows how to work on them. Lots in the scrappers for cheap bits and bobs and an impeccable record for realibility.

steve m

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 01:04:17 pm »
when 'm not window cleaning I also run a van hire business, which means I get to hear all the good and bad on vans.
1/ vivaros and movanos have gearbox and engine problems - but not every van
2/ transit have problems with the dual mass flywheel ( clutch ) but valeo do a convertion to get rid of em for £240.

the AA might use vivaro/traffic vans, but BT/ british gas/ RAC and a load of other companies use transits. All these vans are good vans, but if enough are sold they will have thetr problems. In a way for so many of these vans to be sold must mean that they must be fairly good 

Dean Aspects

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 02:55:59 pm »
So... :-\  all vans are good but they all have their faults  ::)

Dean