This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: Gutters with mesh over them!!
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2008, 09:28:40 pm »
Yes mr tumble the tube is alliminium, and I had 36ft of it!!

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:40 pm »
WOuld plastic downpipe been easier you think?

groundhog

« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2008, 09:34:04 pm »
And heres tha other attachment provided:
What's that for? Rectaloctomy?

I think they use it for colonic irrigation mate!! ;D

jeff1

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:26 pm »
And there's me I thought it was a winkle picker  ::)

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2008, 09:41:52 pm »
That would lok odd on your foot.

groundhog

« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2008, 09:42:49 pm »
WOuld plastic downpipe been easier you think?

Yes I do, the ally ones were quire heavy at 36ft!! My arms still haven't fully recovered!!! However, the guttervac did the job for me, it wasn't perfect, but it was good. I think you need to use it more than once to really get the hang of it though, at first I was using it on full power all the time with all three motors on, thinking the more suck the better!! but I found that especially on the area that was heavily blocked with wet leaves ect, I was better off turning the power down, otherwise the nozzle became blocked very easily, as it was trying to suck in too much at once, at first when it blocked I was bringing it down to clear it each time, but as the job went on I got the hang of scraping the end of the nozzle on the edge of the gutter or the tiles to clear the blockage.

groundhog

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2008, 09:56:42 pm »
On the whole this gutter cleaning job went very well, I effectively earnt a good weeks wages from one days work!!! I have Glyn to thank for that really as he advised me on the pricing of this job on another thread a couple of months back. He told me what the big boys would be pricing this job at, I must admit I did go in slightly lower than he said, there was over 300metres of guttering to be cleaned out, I priced up at £3.50 a metre, I then added on the cost of hiring out the guttervac, and then a bit more on top of that to make it really worth my while, to my amazement I got the job, the management company were very impressed with how competitive I was!!!! :o And they were also impressed about the fact that I would be doing the work from the ground, and also that I would not be damaging their imaculate grounds with cherry pickers ect!!

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:38 pm »
Sorry I missed something, but did you get photos of inside the gutters?  Hav eyou got a gutter cam or did you hire one?

groundhog

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:08 pm »

Sorry I missed something, but did you get photos of inside the gutters?  Hav eyou got a gutter cam or did you hire one?

I had my trusty harris pole cam with me!!! I have a couple of video clips I took of the inside of the gutters, if you want to see them, I will have to post them on youtube later, but it seems to be taking ages to process stuff at the moment, I posted another Harris pole clip on there 6 hours ago, and its still not appeared for viewing!!!!
Here is a photo of inside the guttering before I started though;

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:42 pm »
I think we would all REALLY like to see the after photos - did the custy?

groundhog

« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2008, 11:22:01 pm »
I have posted a clip from the Harris pole cam, of the guttervac actually clearing the gutters, its only a short clip, and its my first attempt at using the guttervac, I got a lot better at using it by the end of the job!! It will be on youtube when it has finished processing, youtube seems very slow tonight!! so it could take a while, I also have another short clip of the inside of the guttering after I had finished, its not a great clip but its the only one I've got, as I had to keep deleting the clips as I went to make room on the memory for me to check other areas of the guttering. I will put this on youtube as well, and I will let you know when its available for viewing!  :)

cvdewsbury

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2008, 11:41:35 pm »
On the whole this gutter cleaning job went very well, I effectively earnt a good weeks wages from one days work!!! I have Glyn to thank for that really as he advised me on the pricing of this job on another thread a couple of months back. He told me what the big boys would be pricing this job at, I must admit I did go in slightly lower than he said, there was over 300metres of guttering to be cleaned out, I priced up at £3.50 a metre, I then added on the cost of hiring out the guttervac, and then a bit more on top of that to make it really worth my while, to my amazement I got the job, the management company were very impressed with how competitive I was!!!! :o And they were also impressed about the fact that I would be doing the work from the ground, and also that I would not be damaging their imaculate grounds with cherry pickers ect!!
[/quote

how did you check the downpipes for blockages?

groundhog

« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2008, 11:44:57 pm »
The guttervac clip is on youtube, just type in 'guttervac in action' It was filmed from the top of my harris pole!! the camera was held on with electrical tape!!! It's only a short clip, and probably doesn't really do the guttervac justice, I should have waited until I had got the hang of using it really before taking the clip, I had the nozzle at the wrong angle really, but it gives you an idea of how it works!!  :)

« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2008, 11:52:41 pm »

groundhog

« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2008, 12:12:07 am »
Thanks Ian, I will learn how to do that one of these days, perhaps my 9 year old will show me how is done tomorrow!!  :-[

« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2008, 12:16:52 am »
Thanks Ian, I will learn how to do that one of these days, perhaps my 9 year old will show me how is done tomorrow!!  :-[
give me a call tomorrow after 9am  ;D  01234 870 225 I will teach you in less that 2 mins over the phone, would be nice to speak to you anyway m8.

Ian

groundhog

« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2008, 12:56:24 am »
Thanks for the offer Ian, but I will probably be working tomorrow morning :( I have taken note of your number though, as I may well want your advice and help sometime soon, as I am seriously thinking about getting myself a website. Cheers  :)

« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2008, 01:02:46 am »
Thanks for the offer Ian, but I will probably be working tomorrow morning :( I have taken note of your number though, as I may well want your advice and help sometime soon, as I am seriously thinking about getting myself a website. Cheers  :)
I was not trying to sell you a site m8 I want to have a chat with you, give me a bell tomorrow sometime if you can does not have to be in the morning my mobile is 07788 732 789 if I am out and about or leave a message on office number(if I am not there) and I will call you back.

Ian

groundhog

« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2008, 01:03:51 am »
Heres another view from the harris pole cam, this is from over 30ft up, and shows me inspecting the gutters to check they are clean. Ok so you know by now I can't do the link!! but its on youtube under the title of 'harris pole cam' Its not great, but it shows what you can do with a cheap pole, a digital camera and a piece of electrical tape!!  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2008, 01:10:39 am »
heeheehee
a link to all groundhogs videos on youtube.

www.youtube.com/user/hobbernobber