This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: Gutters with mesh over them!!
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2008, 01:12:36 am »

I was not trying to sell you a site m8 I want to have a chat with you

Ian

I realize that Ian, I know you weren't trying to sell me a site mate. I will give you a call if I get chance, it would be good to have a chat with you!!  :)

« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2008, 01:14:11 am »
Heres another view from the harris pole cam, this is from over 30ft up, and shows me inspecting the gutters to check they are clean. Ok so you know by now I can't do the link!! but its on youtube under the title of 'harris pole cam' Its not great, but it shows what you can do with a cheap pole, a digital camera and a piece of electrical tape!!  ;D
Here you go for this link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BOenP3b0nc

Ian

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #202 on: June 07, 2008, 07:57:46 am »
Not David Puttnam, but with practice...

Keep trying with the camera GH, it will come together.

*Mr Tumble

groundhog

« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2008, 09:39:23 am »

You try using a camera on the end of a 30ft pole with the sun in your eyes!!! ;D It's a bit tricky to say the least! I did have some better footage, but unfortunately had to keep deleting them as the memory was full, that just happened to be the only clip I had left, as it was the last section of guttering I checked!!  :)

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2008, 09:46:27 am »

You try using a camera on the end of a 30ft pole with the sun in your eyes!!! ;D It's a bit tricky to say the least! I did have some better footage, but unfortunately had to keep deleting them as the memory was full, that just happened to be the only clip I had left, as it was the last section of guttering I checked!!  :)
I have!  :)  Not having a go, just jesting.  Get a bigger memory card would be the answer.

jeff1

« Reply #206 on: June 07, 2008, 07:12:50 pm »
Jeff:

[url//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdj2MZ41oRY&feature=related]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdj2MZ41oRY&feature=related[/url]

Thank you Mr Tumble

Gray, you need a guide on your pole that runs along the guttering edge, if you smash that camera up bashing it around like that, your boss will kill you  ;D

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2008, 07:42:18 am »

GH - how much would you say one of those sections of tube weighed?   100gms? A kilo?  Five kilos?

groundhog

« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2008, 09:18:04 am »

Gray, you need a guide on your pole that runs along the guttering edge, if you smash that camera up bashing it around like that, your boss will kill you 

Your right there Jeff, she wouldn't be too happy!! ;D I'll get to work on that guide ready for next time!! cheers mate.

« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2008, 09:32:21 am »
Jeff, seen this before somewhere  ???

ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdj2MZ41oRY&feature=related

jeff1

« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2008, 11:21:01 am »

Thanks DJW that's  what we need, something light and easy to handle, going to do a search for it.

Found it  ;D
www.guttersense.com/ 
just emailing them to see if they will export it to the UK

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2008, 12:33:06 pm »
Check your email Jeff.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2008, 09:51:19 pm »
Graham - any idea what the weight of the omnivac aluminum poles/'tubes is?

groundhog

« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2008, 10:26:36 pm »

Graham - any idea what the weight of the omnivac aluminum poles/'tubes is?

Bloody heavy at 36ft mate!!!! :-[

groundhog

« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2008, 08:32:37 am »
I went back up to the apartments where I was doing the gutter cleaning on Sunday, because there was something heavy in one section of the guttering that the guttervac would not suck out, when I inspected it with my harris pole cam, it looked like it was a half brick. Anyway took my brother up there to help me with my long ladders, turns out it was 3 iron scaffolding clips!! Anyway while I was there a couple of blokes were there watching us, one of them asked me how it was going, I instantly recognised the voice, it was Joe Pasquale!! he was a really nice bloke, and the chap he was with was Wayne Dobson, remember the magician off the telly back in the 80's and early 90's, he has ms now and is in a wheelchair, but he still does tours doing his magic tricks, and has his own website where he sells magic tricks, not the normal rubbish you buy in toyshops! but really good tricks!!! and he demonstrated one to me, it was brilliant!!!! He lives in these apartments with his gorgeous wife, and Joe was just visiting.

Just thought I'd share that with you, as it made my day!!  :)

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2008, 09:36:13 am »

Thanks DJW that's  what we need, something light and easy to handle, going to do a search for it.

Found it  ;D
www.guttersense.com/ 
just emailing them to see if they will export it to the UK

Let us know if you can get hold of this and if it is any good.  Cheers Jonathan

xxmattyxx

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46:36 am »
Maybe I missed it in the post, but how long did the job take Groundhog?

groundhog

« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:34 am »
Maybe I missed it in the post, but how long did the job take Groundhog?

I did the lower level guttering last saturday, which took me about 4 hours, the higher level guttering I did last Wednesday with the guttervac, and this took me another 4 hours. When I say 4 hours, I mean 4 hours solid work with no breaks! Then there was the 2.5hour each way journey to Croydon to get the Guttervac, that was the wort bit!!! I hate driving in the London area, its a bloody nightmare!!!!

groundhog

« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2008, 10:05:28 pm »
Jeff I made one of your mk1 gutter cleaners earlier, I've just tried it out on my gutters, in the dark (couldn't wait till the morning, and it really is brilliant, extremely simple, but does the job great. Cheers  :)

jeff1

« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:09 pm »
Jeff I made one of your mk1 gutter cleaners earlier, I've just tried it out on my gutters, in the dark (couldn't wait till the morning, and it really is brilliant, extremely simple, but does the job great. Cheers  :)
That's cool gray?
Lets see some picky's then.
Out of my Mk1 and Mk2, I do prefer the Mk1, they say simple is always better and I think I proved it on this one, glad you liked it  ;) ; ;D