This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonylee

trigger for sl-x
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:52:58 pm »
Hi all
who uses a trigger on their poles and were they put on after purchase.
I have the sl-x but would like to fit a trigger to save some water.
who supplys and rough cost please
Tony

Xline Systems

Re: trigger for sl-x
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:12:20 pm »
we sell them
you have mail

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:15:51 pm »
Wintex.co.uk

I posted this on another thread...  ::)

I have just looked on Wintex
Their triggers...
Am I right in thinking you have to hold the trigger in ALL the time?  

But got no reply!  :'(

You may have more luck!
regards steve  8)

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:17:01 pm »
Yes you do have to keep hold of the trigger all the time.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:26:06 pm »
Yes you do have to keep hold of the trigger all the time.

:) Many thanks Jeff
Looks like I will go for one of those auto brushs instead
Holding a trigger seem like hard work...I am always moving my hands all over the place
 :-\

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 02:46:28 pm »
I use these, brilliant kit, only £15, take off the little black hose, and put your ez-snap connector at the back, and the pole hose at the front. Works brilliantly.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trigger-Valve-Spray-Ideal-for-Water-Fed-Pole-Systems_W0QQitemZ380006720947QQihZ025QQcategoryZ112579QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

About the keeping it depressed the whole time, you won't notice it at all when working, the one I posted above is very light, and works a treat! :)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:51:47 pm »
With those clamps projecting, ideal place to wrap and hold Algarde or Raindrip 4/6mm external hose.

tonylee

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 04:01:56 pm »
Thanks Tim will give one ago
Tony

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 05:19:45 pm »
I tried one. Trouble is the lever has to be depressed all the working time. I stopped using it as I could see a potential for Repetitive Strain Injury arising out of constantly using these.
Also, found it awkward trying to clean tall panes of glass with a trigger fitted to the pole unless there is sufficient room to walk back with the pole or keep adjusting the length of extended pole.
I won't give my opinion on using a trigger system as I'm trying to remain positive.

tonylee

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 05:24:20 pm »
Wayne
thanks for that. I have been wfp for 2 years and I know a trigger will take some getting used too. If  I have to bin it it's only £15.
but thanks for your comment
Tony

Xline Systems

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 05:29:12 pm »
tim how do you clamp that trigger to your pole? ???

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 05:30:19 pm »
I use a trigger the £15 one from ebay and it took some getting used to but i now think its brilliant.

When you fix it to the pole is not to fix it so it can't move you want a firm fit but still be able to slide it on the pole that way on tight area's its easier to slide the trigger up the pole a bit.

And holding the trigger is no problem you only need to just touch it and it will work there is no pressure involved in pressing the trigger

Xline Systems

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32:36 pm »
cheers mate.  :D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 05:43:25 pm »
tim how do you clamp that trigger to your pole? ???

Just with some zip ties. :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 06:08:56 pm »
I use a trigger the £15 one from ebay and it took some getting used to but i now think its brilliant.

When you fix it to the pole is not to fix it so it can't move you want a firm fit but still be able to slide it on the pole that way on tight area's its easier to slide the trigger up the pole a bit.

And holding the trigger is no problem you only need to just touch it and it will work there is no pressure involved in pressing the trigger

Can't find it on ebay.  Have you a link for it please Paul?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 06:38:08 pm »

I think it's the one I posted ^

pjulk

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 08:15:18 pm »
The Shiner said

Yes it the same as the one tim posted

sorry can't post the link again it keeps coming up with internal server error i think i broke it.

billozz

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 10:11:09 pm »
i do not think a trigger would work for reasons already mentioned tony, i know that i do not hold the pole in one place all the time i move it through my hands for slightly lower windows where there isnt enough space to move back. we use 10mm gas shut off valves which we have fixed to the pole. also you can adjust the flow from full flow to very low flow if needed, can you do this with a trigger or is it "on" or "off". i think i have heard of one trigger which you press to turn off, rather than on, not sure if this is any different to the valves. i would be happy to hear comments about my reservations from those that do use triggers
bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 11:13:18 pm »
The Shiner said

Yes it the same as the one tim posted

sorry can't post the link again it keeps coming up with internal server error i think i broke it.

Oh yes.
I should have looked a bit harder at this thread.  Seen it now.
Cheers guys.