This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Feen

Re: maisonette's..what do you do?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:42 pm »
i think that if you are putting dirty water on the flat below then you should clean them for free.or do the tops trad or leave out completely.
you can not expect the flat below to put up with you making thier windows dirty.
Why should you risk your life going up a ladder ? the person in the flat above should be able to have there windows cleaned, if the person below is doing them thereself then the best solution is to clean them just after the guy has wfp the up stairs flat.
If it causes to much hassle just walk away as I said, or charge the upstairs more to include the downstairs.
Doing them free I dont think so.

Ian
Oh if only life was so simple ;) I do an upstairs only of a propery. She does the down herself. When I changed from trad to wfp she wasn't happy because I cleaned to ups and dripped on the downs the day after she had done the downs. Well, I go the same date every month, so why did she do the downs the day before she knew I was coming ??? She's on her last chance.
Feen

WCE

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 08:13:42 pm »
I live in a flat 3rd floor, I cleaned our windows WFP and those of the the person below no problem. The person on the ground floor different story, they didn't want theirs done so they complained to the landlord. As a result the landlord wrote to me and their letter said if I used such methods to clean the windows again then I would be taken to court by them as it was an anti social act. Of course, I challenged this and said to them "You tell me how I can do them then?". There suggestion was that I could do them from the inside Not poss with the design!), So when that wasn't an option they turned round and said "Use ladders!". What a load of rubbish, "why should I endanger my life just to do my own windows?"  I said to them  what about if I was to fall using the ladder, did that mean that I could sue them as it was them that instructed me to use a less safe means. They went mad. They told me "we will find other means" to this date they still have not done a thing! I am also not allowed to do my OWN windows! The point is there is aways hassle in this type of thing. Unless you have the whole block then it usually isn't worth the hassle. 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

twt

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 08:21:43 pm »
sorry to hijack the thread i would just clean the upstairs but always be polite and you will probably get the downstairs eventually.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:22 pm »
If you're that concerned about splashing windows on ground floor flat, just blade off the windows in parallel strokes down the glass and don't bother detailing, 5 seconds a window, big deal, as you've moved the splashes off the glass or spend more time than that arguing with the tenant.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 10:32:07 pm »
Just tell them you'll let them know when you've done upstairs so hubby can do theirs the day after if thats not good enough then tough  ;D
Sussex by the sea

mark dew

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:48 pm »
You've offered your services. They weren't interested. What more can you do?
Just tell them you'll let them know when you've done upstairs so hubby can do theirs the day after if thats not good enough then tough ;D
That's about the gist of it. Be polite in case you get them as a customer, otherwise just ignore it and tell them your hands are tied.

Tim82

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 11:02:30 pm »
 I would just do them anyway as normal. As a previous poster said, everyone has a right to have their windows cleaned and whatever method suits. With  mine I just try to minimise how much water I use up above. And anyway they're getting a free clean!  ;D

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:18 pm »
I can see four scenarios:

1 - they accept the situation and complain to themselves - they lose/you win

2 - they complain about you loudly and often - they lose/you lose

3 - you clean them for free - they win/you lose

4 - they pay you to clean their windows as well - they win/you win.

Hows about asking them something like ...

"So what's the solution that's going to make you happy and me happy?"

or

"What would you like to happen?"

They may just talk themselves around to the win-win situation.

see clear lee

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:05 pm »
i had exactly this last week with a downstairs flat, guy came out complaining so i was polite and said sorry ect but this guy just went on and on and on, i was getting into a debate AGAIN over wfp and in the end my politness and kind manner ended up with him thinking he had the upper hand and started to swear, at which point i  put my pole down and again politely said that he wants to be carefull who hes talikng to as i was now about 2 inches away from his face, this seemed to work ;D

daveappleby

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 11:50:31 pm »
i had exactly this last week with a downstairs flat, guy came out complaining so i was polite and said sorry ect but this guy just went on and on and on, i was getting into a debate AGAIN over wfp and in the end my politness and kind manner ended up with him thinking he had the upper hand and started to swear, at which point i  put my pole down and again politely said that he wants to be carefull who hes talikng to as i was now about 2 inches away from his face, this seemed to work ;D

tad extreme but if it works hey.... na my prob is that its two old's who are either on benefits or retired? they are always "pottering" in the garden and seam to know what and who comes and goes. they just have nothing better to do but give a good moan when they see a chance

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 07:03:57 pm »
 ::) I really cant see what all the fuss is about!

First clean may produce a tad of dirty water but...
there after monthly I can't see that much dirty water coming down!

If they have refused your offer, be polite and smile...ignore...headphones work a treat even if your not listening to anything  ;D

Just to add Ladders...unsafe!
Insurance premiums confirm this to be the case!
"Quote" insurance broker... "More w/c fall of ladders than anyone else"  ::)