This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mustafa

what pole is best
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:49:24 pm »
what pole is good everyday use    domestic

LWC

Re: what pole is best
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »
i use xtel 17ft, cheap, light, and about 5ft when collapsed down. ideal for downs.

in my opinion ideal for day in and out use

www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/special_offer.html

doing a good deal at mo, £60 odd or summit

TDW

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:14:59 am »
My view is...Dont buy something just coz its cheap. I had one of those and I wouldn't use one again.

Wears out in a year, whippy like anything and you get splinters in the hand.

Go for sl-x.

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:44 am »
i like it! i think its great!

i have a sl2 so im not shy on spending money on poles!

but i really do like these poles!

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:06:01 am »
I would say the 17-18 ft X-tel four section pole is an ideal day to day working pole. Names vary according to who you buy from. They don't last long but you just chuck it away and buy a new one when it wears out. Or keep it as a spare.

Using a carbon or even a hybrid for routine stuff is just a waste. Keep one for best by all means.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:54:05 am »
I've been making my own clampless poles for a while now. £26 for a 24' one! Its a bit whippy, and they don't last long,... but very fast in use, and at that price I don't mind replacing them every 3 or 4 months! They're made from telescopic flag poles from www.skyblueleisure.co.uk and just "flick" up to the desired height.

mustafa

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:20:49 pm »
what sl2   pole???any web site   i can buy . i m thinking get tucker pole 18ft   new clamps on in.  what u think guys??

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:38:57 pm »

My vote would be, go for a 17ft Xtel cheap and light and will keep you going until you have got an idea of what's what.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 11:05:15 pm »
what sl2   pole???any web site   i can buy . i m thinking get tucker pole 18ft   new clamps on in.  what u think guys??

What's the SL2 pole????

You mustn't be reading ANY of rupertthehair's posts!!!!!

www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk   

Its only really for high work tho,.. an SLX would suit domestic work better, or even an Xtel until you have a better idea of what suits your work best.

TennetClean

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:58 pm »
I'm slightly suprised at everyone saying 17-18ft?

I would go for something slightly longer, maybe 24ft.

Sometimes you need that extra bit of reach for example if the back garden slopes away from the house, 18ft doesnt quite reach.

Just my opinion though, 18ft will still get you to the vast majority of the 1st floor windows on domestic.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

mustafa

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 11:15:59 pm »
i think SLX good to me  has clamps on them  SL2 no clamps on it is   it?

Art

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »
Is 17ft enough to get to windows above conservatories?

Arthur

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 11:48:16 pm »
Click the link below to find the 3 reasons we need a new design of window cleaning pole.

www.homebiz4income.com/articles/Article/3-reasons-the-window-cleaner-need-a-new-designed-pole/3891

Peter

Art

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 11:59:43 pm »
Click the link below to find the 3 reasons we need a new design of window cleaning pole.

www.homebiz4income.com/articles/Article/3-reasons-the-window-cleaner-need-a-new-designed-pole/3891

Peter

Hi Peter, very interesting. Can i assume you've got a pole you could recommend?

Arthur

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 12:28:58 am »

Peter

?

Now back to the 3 reasons.

1/ The poles on the market are time consuming to use.

2/ The poles on the market are no use at going from second storey window to ground floor windows.

3/ The poles on the market because of there long closed length are harder to carry around, and transport in your vehicle.

In my opinion the SL-X solves those problems easily.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 01:22:31 am »

Peter

Hi Peter, very interesting. Can i assume you've got a pole you could recommend?

Arthur

Hi Arthur, you can see a version of it in action here...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kidu9wUtBPM 

There will be a much better version of it coming out at the end of June, with all the problems from the original version solved.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 01:30:29 am »

Now back to the 3 reasons.

1/ The poles on the market are time consuming to use.

2/ The poles on the market are no use at going from second storey window to ground floor windows.

3/ The poles on the market because of there long closed length are harder to carry around, and transport in your vehicle.

In my opinion the SL-X solves those problems easily.

Of course, and carry on using it.  The article you read is only for people who are having all of, or any of the 3 problems stated above, if you don't have any of the problems then that's fine, and if anyone reading does have the problems then they can contact me if they wish. 

You did find it interesting enough to read at least half way, and I am glad about that.  A lot of articles are not even read after the first paragraph.

Peter

LWC

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 06:43:05 am »
Is 17ft enough to get to windows above conservatories?

Arthur

yep

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28:27 am »

The Master Guild of Window Cleaners are giving away a 24' Hxtel to a lucky member shortly,.. might be worth looking at www.mgwc.org

;D ;D ;D

steve m

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 08:07:14 am »
nice pole peter, but how do you stop the brush from spinning when doing the bottoms??. And Mustafa had one of your poles and couldnt get on with it, cos I bought it off of him and now I'm having the same problem that when the pole is fully collapsed I cant stop the brush from spinning. Because of the way you hhave to hold the pole I cant fit a trigger and on the bottoms because the brush/section spins you cant knock off the autobrush