This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Re: There's more to life than window cleaning
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 03:32:24 pm »

I must be missing something here. Please tell me where the word "ladders" is mentioned.

I seriously think you're misinterpreting the wahr for your own nefarious purposes.

Mike_G

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 03:55:21 pm »
When they ban wfp due to water shortages (and it will happen somewhere at some stage) will it be ok for me to use my ladder or should I use a pogo stick and bounce up to the first floor windows? Does health and safety allow this?

TennetClean

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 04:27:29 pm »
I must be missing something here. Please tell me where the word "ladders" is mentioned.

Work at height.  Pretty obvious to me?

I seriously think you're misinterpreting the wahr for your own nefarious purposes.

NEFERIOUS - cool word!  I'm gonna use that this week

there's no interpreting matey, it seems pretty clear cut to me.  What it says is you cant work at height if theres a viable alternative.  It doesnt matter if you dont agree, that is what it says LOL, It's the law, and the law is an ass.  At least it will be an ass to any ladder monkeys I see. 

How many windows do you do that couldnt be done with WFP and would need ladders.  Almost none.  I would never have thought it, but actually for all intents and purposes, this really is a ladder ban for window cleaners.  Looks like the hs bods wont actually come out say that because it will cause outcry, but nevertheless thats what it is.  No wonder there was such a stink about it.

Let the reporting begin.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

elite mike

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 04:29:55 pm »
guys
i think we have slightly gone off topic,

get out and have a beer  :D  :D

mike

Mike_G

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2008, 04:43:05 pm »
guys
i think we have slightly gone off topic,

get out and have a beer  :D  :D

mike

I will be later. Is it ok if I have more than one?

TennetClean

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2008, 04:48:52 pm »
This could be big.  I wonder how many WFPers know that their local competition are working illegally.  What we need is a nationwide crack down by WFPers, all in the name of civic duty of course.  ;D

If you are a ladder monkey, then be afraid.  The long arm of the law is coming!

HA ha ha

simon knight

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 04:53:39 pm »

I'm shaking at the knees TC  ;D

TennetClean

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2008, 04:58:23 pm »
Understandable if your still using ladders.

"You can't outrun the long arm of the law..."

and dont forget...

"I fought the law and... THE LAW WON"

Ha ha ha, this is gonna be so funny.  Watch these monkeys get slapped with fines for breaking the law.

elite mike

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2008, 05:00:43 pm »
This could be big.  I wonder how many WFPers know that their local competition are working illegally.  What we need is a nationwide crack down by WFPers, all in the name of civic duty of course.  ;D

HA ha ha

hey sod the drug dealers, burglers robbers,pedos, muggers,fly tippers, terrorists, killers etc??

lets go and ni ck a lot of hard working tax paying window cleaners  

sounds about right, dont it  :D

Mike_G

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2008, 05:04:15 pm »

HA ha ha

We all know the law are far too busy catching speeding motorists and cyclists who ride on the pavement. So it should be fine to carry on with the ladders for quite sometime.

simon knight

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2008, 05:05:02 pm »
...and by the way, if you're really being serious (and I have my doubts....I still believe you're a wind-up merchant) I think that before you embark on a one man crusade to save "ladder monkeys" from themselves (and of course try and snatch their biz in the process) you'd be wise to have a chat with the HSE to check out the facts and their view on ladders and the use of!....after all I'd hate you to make a fool of yourself and make lots of enemies amongst your fellow shiners!

Dunno how things work in Coventry, but here down South we don't grass fellow shiners up....assuming they're legit of course!

Watch your back my friend!

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2008, 05:09:11 pm »
...and by the way, if you're really being serious (and I have my doubts....I still believe you're a wind-up merchant) I think that before you embark on a one man crusade to save "ladder monkeys" from themselves (and of course try and snatch their biz in the process) you'd be wise to have a chat with the HSE to check out the facts and their view on ladders and the use of!....after all I'd hate you to make a fool of yourself and make lots of enemies amongst your fellow shiners!

Dunno how things work in Coventry, but here down South we don't grass fellow shiners up....assuming they're legit of course!

HAVE TO AGREE WITH THAT  ;)

elite mike

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2008, 05:10:42 pm »

its got to be a wind up, ??

TennetClean

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2008, 05:11:31 pm »
...and by the way, if you're really being serious (and I have my doubts....I still believe you're a wind-up merchant)

This aint a wind up mate, and I will do the reporting anonymously.  Why should I tolerate competition from window cleaners who are breaking the law?

The answer is, I wont.

As for the HSE, the law is there in black and white, theres no "view" about it.

And while i think its noble of you to "not grass fellow shiners up", business is business.  I'll especially be doing it where I see guys doing commercial contracts.  Then, what a suprise, the week after they lose a window cleaner because he got done for helf and safety, a new window cleaner who is safe wants to quote for the job.

I'm glad whoever it was started this thread now, i'm quite excited about this.

elite mike

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2008, 05:15:07 pm »
tc

but they all know it would be you  :D  :D

TennetClean

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2008, 05:21:21 pm »
TennetClean you moron it is not against the law to use a ladder for window cleaning, so go back to the hole you crawled out of you idiot

Don't worry markberesford your safe for the moment as you are not in coventry.  (Unless a local boy joins my crusade)

Also, you dont need to get all hot under the collar with me, I didnt write the law.  It says what it says, it dont matter if you dont like it.

tc

but they all know it would be you
Only if they use this forum, which is highly unlikely.

elite mike

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2008, 05:23:02 pm »
yeh

theres more to life than window cleaning,,??not for tc it seems :D  :D

ime of to turkey for a week all inc,going to do some snorkling, diving eating and drinking

i will think of you lot,:D

have a good week lads

mike

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2008, 05:26:19 pm »
yeh

theres more to life than window cleaning,,??not for tc it seems :D  :D

ime of to turkey for a week all inc,going to do some snorkling, diving eating and drinking

i will think of you lot,:D

have a good week lads

mike
Have a Good time Mike, I dont get jealous of others  ;) Have a wonderful time I like seeing others do well, it makes me work a little harder

simon knight

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2008, 05:28:28 pm »
...and by the way, if you're really being serious (and I have my doubts....I still believe you're a wind-up merchant)

This aint a wind up mate, and I will do the reporting anonymously.  Why should I tolerate competition from window cleaners who are breaking the law?

The answer is, I wont.

As for the HSE, the law is there in black and white, theres no "view" about it.

And while i think its noble of you to "not grass fellow shiners up", business is business.  I'll especially be doing it where I see guys doing commercial contracts.  Then, what a suprise, the week after they lose a window cleaner because he got done for helf and safety, a new window cleaner who is safe wants to quote for the job.

I'm glad whoever it was started this thread now, i'm quite excited about this.

It's an irrelevance, because you're interpreting the wahr to suit your own designs and what you interpret isn't necessarily what HSE mean.

Trust me...before you make a buffoon of yourself and enemies take 15 minutes to speak to your local HSE officer to see what's what.

Also there's better ways to get more biz than trying to see off the oppo via underhand grassing.

If you're any good and competitive then biz tends to flow your way naturally....or are you crap at your job and struggling to get new biz?

TennetClean

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2008, 05:40:29 pm »
It's an irrelevance, because you're interpreting the wahr to suit your own designs and what you interpret isn't necessarily what HSE mean.

Lol, i think that you wish it was an interpretation, but the way i see it it is black and white.  BUT i hear what your saying and i'm gonna email my local hse office and ask the question.

Also there's better ways to get more biz than trying to see off the oppo via underhand grassing.
theres nothing underhand about wanting a level playing field.  I went WFP purely for reasons of speed, i didnt know about this law then, but what about boys who have changed because of this law?  Is it fair that they have spent money to obey the law and their competitors havent and nothing gets done?

No, no, no.  Its high time ladder boys felt the weight of the law.  All i'm doing is helping really LOL.  I feel it is my moral duty to take their contracts from them.