Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

from edge2edge

best steamer for gum removal
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:59:34 pm »
Got the possibility of a few clubs to do and was wondering which steamer to look at as regards gum removal because there seems to be more gum now that the smoking ban is in force. Any thoughts much appreciated Alan (swindon)

carpet guy

Re: best steamer for gum removal
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:07:18 pm »
one with reasonable pressure and vacuum

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:21:10 pm »
O k fair point.Any suppliers and models

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:48:05 am »
if you have plenty of work in this type of environment, invest in a bazooka they are around £210 + vat from Olympic cleaning i havent got one but i have had a go with one. Been looking on e-bay for a couple of months think i will be investing in a new one shortly.
Mark

from edge2edge

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:45:26 am »
Thanks for that Mark is there anything slightly bigger as i think there could be hundreds of gum to remove.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:35:39 am »
Hi

Using a Steam Gun in conjunction with something like Prochem Citrus Gel is the fastest way t oremove lots of gum from carpet; There's a video demo here: www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/gumremoval/550203X.html

Regards

Mike

carpet guy

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 10:48:00 am »
Absolutely agree, that's the way I worked when cleaning shops. You can either " capture " the gum with a vacuum, as you work, or vapourise the bulk of it and vac up any surplus.
Haven't watched the video, but I found using a rough terry towel impegnated with jel got rid of the residual, very important and probably not done previously.

I should add, the vacuuming was done using a water filtration vacuum although a cheap wet / dry vac would suffice

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 07:42:38 pm »
Alan

That’s what you can see what about under the blacktop can be thousands.

A steam gun/wall paper steamer is in my arsenal for small amounts of gum same as bread knife, wire brush and paint scraper.

For the big jobs think you need a gumbuster.

Ps Bazooka think some is pulling you dangly bit’s  ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 09:12:39 pm »
If you are wanting big and are prepared to spend what is needed to get the right machine then look at Osprey Deep Cleaning systems, they have steam cleaners for all applications.

We were near to buying a Contractor a while ago but have  backed off with it for now, may look at it again at the end of the year.

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 07:26:24 am »
Thanks for all the replies guys i will await a genuine offer of these clubs before i purchase one.

carpet guy

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 08:50:41 am »
Search under..................dry steam cleaner vacuumated

Shirl

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 11:49:41 am »
Hi

Using a Steam Gun in conjunction with something like Prochem Citrus Gel is the fastest way t oremove lots of gum from carpet; There's a video demo here: www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/gumremoval/550203X.html

Regards

Mike

I have one of these, keep your eyes on ebay as they sometimes come up reasonably priced on there.  Its a great bit of kit and is ready to use in a few seconds. Perfect for small jobs I would think but would'nt be practical for huge areas as you would be forever topping it up with water.

I use mine for upstairs etc when its not worthwhile dragging a big machine around.  I love mine!

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:55 pm »
I cleand an office a few weeks ago with 14 pieces of gum in the front entrance as its an estate agent took me 30 mins to get all up with no steamer.

A small fork to perforate the gum then freezer spray to make it hard then plastic scraper all up then a quick spread of citrus gel all up with a spotter job done

from edge2edge

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 08:07:50 am »
Yes i am sure small jobs can be done very well with no steamer and as in some cases have to be.The original post question was in reference to possibly 2 or 300 pieces of gum as found in a club so any suggestions on larger size machines would be much appreciated. Regards Alan (swindon)

Shirl

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 03:09:48 pm »
Alan, there is a guy selling Nimbus gum removal steam cleaners on ebay at the moment.
Its a gum removal steamer but of course it can be used for other things as well.  Its at £300 at the moment.

I've spoken to the guy about a different machine and he is just selling off his ex demo stock and is giving six months guarentee.  Not a bad deal if you can get it cheap enough as full price is nearly £1800 with VAT.