This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Mr Tumble

What' the big deal with isopropanal?
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:55:19 am »
I have been using this at a rate of 500ml to 500l the last few days, and I honestly can't see what the deal is with it.

What difference is it meant to make? I can't see the glass sheeting more than before. What's it meant to achieve?

Re: What' the big deal with isopropanal?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:25:30 am »
Oh no, we have a doubting Thomas, it's brilliant it leaves the glass twice as shiney dissolves cement, removes oxidised layers on painted frames and aluminium, enables builders cleans from the ground, stops your water freezing. ..............so they say. :D
Probably helps to keep the weeds down too and keeps replacement double glazing firms in business. (just joking)

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:27:11 am »
So at a rate of 1l to 1kl it does all you say?

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:27:59 am »
Dissolves cement? 

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 08:36:15 am »
I haven't tried it yet, but I think the biggest advantage would be your pipes not freezing in winter.

As for cleaning results, I can't comment on that.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 08:57:47 am »
I haven't tried it yet, but I think the biggest advantage would be your pipes not freezing in winter.

Copy that.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:27 am »
I'm just joking about, i havn't used the stuff for cleaning windows but have used it a lot in another application. Interesting to read both sides of the story - some swear by it on here. It's a little bit like the "adding acetone to deisel" thread that popped up on here a few months ago. Some rushed out and thought it was brilliant but that seems to have gone quiet now. I'm still on the fence with it but probably slipping more to the waste of money side slowly.

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 09:43:24 am »
It is basically pure alcohol, which reduces the freezing temperature of the water by a couple of degrees.

Nothing more, nothing less...

matt

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 09:48:32 am »
i allways think

if it was that good, the " system makers" would have a bottle of it out by now, selling it for 3 X the price you can buy it for elsewhere

LWC

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 11:13:02 am »
other than not freezing, whats it "meant" to do?

bit behind with this one myself

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:27:48 pm »
Exactlly what I'm thinking - other than stopping freezing (which is a GOOD thing) what's the benefit of it?

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 12:41:03 pm »
It does seem to make quite a bit of differance on builders cleans it does really get the windows up nice.

On regular cleans i could not see any differance.