Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: The OFFICIAL SL-X Review Thread.
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2008, 10:16:27 am »
Are you a distributor or on commission Rupert?

Neither unfortunately!!!! I just think its good that people can have pictures, reviews and videos of products. Are you doing a left handed thread PJ ?  Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2008, 10:56:52 am »
Ok, now I have compiled a full video with multiple pictures of the SL-X:

s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm140/rupertthehair/?action=view&current=85ca8e7f.pbr
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2008, 10:58:04 am »
Fantastic pole

I dont even have to go to work anymore, I just send the pole to work on its own it even collects the money for me.

mick hay

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2008, 11:07:38 am »
Fantastic pole

I dont even have to go to work anymore, I just send the pole to work on its own it even collects the money for me.

LMAO, well, got mine yesterday, not going to get up on Monday, just leave the keys next to the pole then!!

Kev R

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2008, 11:08:04 am »
Rupertthehair

Nice work mate, Gives us all a better idea of the pole for sure. Thanks
 ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2008, 11:10:05 am »

Now there is an idea Dave, you could make millions out of that one! Luke

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2008, 11:37:22 am »
Just a quick question, on the pole maintenance sheet it says open all clamps and stick a hose up the bottom end to flush out all the dirt, do you do that when all the sections are extended, or just when the pole is at it's minimum length?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2008, 11:39:48 am »
I dont think it matters too much, Luke

williamx

« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2008, 12:42:12 pm »
Alex

With the problem that the clamps are giving, where the bolt keeps coming undone.

Would it be possible to get rid of the bolt and replace with another lever clamp, where the bolt was, that way you could leave one clamp on lock and release the other when you want to move the pole to a different height.

The clamp that is on lock will kept the pole together and the other lever when its locked will secure the poles further.

It should also make the clamps more rounded, so they don't snag onto much.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2008, 02:11:48 pm »
Just a quick question, on the pole maintenance sheet it says open all clamps and stick a hose up the bottom end to flush out all the dirt, do you do that when all the sections are extended, or just when the pole is at it's minimum length?

Either position will work.  Slightly extended is better as it will allow more of the water to go in between the various sections.  The cleaning instructions supplied in the service pack also apply to all telescopic poles and if followed will prolong the life of any pole.

Alex

With the problem that the clamps are giving, where the bolt keeps coming undone.

Would it be possible to get rid of the bolt and replace with another lever clamp, where the bolt was, that way you could leave one clamp on lock and release the other when you want to move the pole to a different height.

The clamp that is on lock will kept the pole together and the other lever when its locked will secure the poles further.

It should also make the clamps more rounded, so they don't snag onto much.

Once you get used to them, the clamps are actually very simple to use and in the long term very reliable.  However, my brain is always ticking over different ideas and a re-design of the clamps is certainly not out of the question.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2008, 02:25:16 pm »
Alex, has your brain been ticking over different extensions to go over 30ft? :)

Do you think the next batch will see the 5ft extension?

pingu

« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2008, 03:25:28 pm »
Yes I am waiting for that day .....

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2008, 07:55:10 pm »
Alex, has your brain been ticking over different extensions to go over 30ft? :)

Do you think the next batch will see the 5ft extension?

We have plenty more products in the pipe-line but I'm trying to keep low-key about them at the moment.

The extensions are underway, reaching us maybe middle of May.

poles apart

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2008, 07:57:52 pm »
I haven't got the pole yet but book me in for the extension provided it doesn't get the same delivery treatment as my first one!

trevor perry

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2008, 09:02:37 am »
used the pole yesterday thought it was great for reaching over extensions and conservatories i think it will take a bit of time to get used to clamps as due to the pole spinning slightly on extending and lowering the clamp levers always seem to be in a differant position on each section.
  i will give it 8 out of 10
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2008, 07:46:28 pm »
I must be the only one who hasn't got one, i bought an xtel hybrid that I don't really like using (too heavy), so I will probably get one at some point, have you got any?

A few general comments from a neutral if i'm allowed. Firstly the SLX launch was a public relations master piece- what is it they say- you are not as green as you are cabbage looking- Despite the late spoiler attempt,

This pattern of original sourcing of products specific to our needs has to be a winner. Another supplier mentioned launching a pole and several mentioned they thought the closed lenght was too long but he took no notice. ???

I realise you have to be a bit cagey about how many you've sold, and quite what part of the world they come from etc, but I would be interested to know about what must have been those first couple of frantic days assembly, and has the pressure eased of a bit?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:55 pm »
I must be the only one who hasn't got one, i bought an xtel hybrid that I don't really like using (too heavy), so I will probably get one at some point, have you got any?

A few general comments from a neutral if i'm allowed. Firstly the SLX launch was a public relations master piece- what is it they say- you are not as green as you are cabbage looking- Despite the late spoiler attempt,

This pattern of original sourcing of products specific to our needs has to be a winner. Another supplier mentioned launching a pole and several mentioned they thought the closed lenght was too long but he took no notice. ???

I realise you have to be a bit cagey about how many you've sold, and quite what part of the world they come from etc, but I would be interested to know about what must have been those first couple of frantic days assembly, and has the pressure eased of a bit?

I have a simple philosophy with products. I try and source/use/make or develop products that I will enjoy using myself. As I still do about 2 days a week of 'real' Window Cleaning I actually have to use the product hour after hour. If I like using something, usually so will some of our customers.

I do not always get it right and sometimes there are more than one right product for the job. I also try to listen to what our client base is asking for. Often the average window cleaners knows what they want they just do not have the time, resources or inclination to get it made. I consider myself to be in a very fortunate position of being able to have an input in the designing of my own work tools.

The first week has been absolute organised chaos!! We are already very busy at this time of year (spring sales are always good, also we are in the middle of moving the business to new premises and the building work that is going along with that) and the pole should have been released in the slightly quiet winter period which would have been more manageable. We were however in the enviable position of having sold the whole of the first batch before arrival. The pace has slowed right down now as we are 'mopping' up the few last clients who reserved one. There is a chance that we may have a few that are not taken up. Fortunately for us the next batch is on it's way so then they will become a regular stock item.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:20 pm »
Alex

How long for the next batch, I might buy another one off you.

Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2008, 09:45:46 pm »
A couple of weeks probably. If they come in sooner I will let you know.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2008, 09:48:57 pm »
When are the rubber end caps coming ?

And do you do them in other sizes ?

Dave