Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: The OFFICIAL SL-X Review Thread.
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:26 pm »
reach, reach, reach, !!!!!!!!!!

Whats all this reach.

The pole is 25 ft  end of.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2008, 08:07:50 pm »
I stated both, 25ft being its actual length and 30ft is the height that is acheivable if you hold the pole higher from the ground, end of, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2008, 08:08:45 pm »
Yeah but what`s the end of it like lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Tangerine man.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »
Hi NWH!!! You enjoying the SL-X? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 08:13:16 pm »
Yes i am Luke i`m waiting for a few more posts before i add my 2 penneth,i should have wiped it down first because i have a few carbon splinters.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2008, 08:14:59 pm »
i should have wiped it down first because i have a few carbon splinters.

What happened? Luke

boshravie

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2008, 08:15:09 pm »
Very impressive, but do they do this model in 50 or 60 foot?

Regards

Bosh

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:02 pm »
Reach was invented by manufacturers so they could exagerate the lengths of there pole, dont encourage them.

Do we really need to be told how high a pole can reach, credit us with some intelligence , please !!

By the way ,I can reach 33 ft with my pole.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:51 pm »
Very impressive, but do they do this model in 50 or 60 foot?

the solution for that height is this poles big brother, the SL2 ( Super-lite 2 ) from Gardiners. Its a modular pure carbon pole. Its strong, light, stiff and relatively cheap:

www.gardinerpolesystems.com

NWH

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2008, 08:18:31 pm »
i should have wiped it down first because i have a few carbon splinters.

What happened? Luke
I think it was just a few bits that happened to be still on the pole after production or something,after using it i had what felt like pins and needles in my hand and after looking and rubbing i could tell it`s the odd splinter,i used to get it every now and again with fiberglass.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2008, 08:19:22 pm »
By the way ,I can reach 33 ft with my pole.

Im 6ft 3 and with my boots 6ft 4 so holding the pole above my head I should have a really good "reach", Luke

macmac

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2008, 08:36:43 pm »
Superb photos SL-2 kenobi, great angles etc. wish my close-up shots came out like that. ;)

Tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2008, 08:39:08 pm »
I use a Canon Powershot s3-is, it has a 0cm macro which mean it can focus on its own lense!!!!! its the only camera of its kind that can do that, it also has image stabilisation and a 12x optical zoom. To be honest the pictures werent very well thought out! Luke

macmac

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2008, 08:42:11 pm »
I use a Canon Powershot s3-is, it has a 0cm macro which mean it can focus on its own lense!!!!! its the only camera of its kind that can do that, it also has image stabilisation and a 12x optical zoom. To be honest the pictures werent very well thought out! Luke

Is that an expensive camera luke?

Tony

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2008, 08:44:09 pm »
Luke, do you have to treat the pole (no not take it to the seaside) but spray it to prevent wear? Might get mine tomorrow if i'm lucky. Got my saw ready to cut a special hallowed place in my bulkhead for it to snuggle in.  :)

*foxman

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:19 pm »
They are some very nice shots, the depth of Field is excellent.  They are coming up around the £200 mark is about right Luke?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2008, 08:48:41 pm »
Is that an expensive camera luke?

Actually no it isnt anymore, you can pick one up for around £250-£300. It is extremely highly regarded by Professionals as "the" digital semi professional. Although it is now 2-3 years old it is still yet to be overtook by even Canon themselves or any other manufacturer out there.

It is between a standard digital and a professional ( Canon 400 etc ). Canon have replaced it with the is-5 but there is very little difference in picture quality, but the is-5 does have a bigger screen.....better keep to topic now....mods wont like this.

But actually I can recommend this camera for WFP use as I often use it to photograph high up windows ( to see how dirty or clean they are!! ) as its perfect ( image stabilisation and 12x zoom ) for that, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2008, 08:50:27 pm »
They are some very nice shots, the depth of Field is excellent.  They are coming up around the £200 mark is about right Luke?

Yes probably by now....I couldnt recommend it more. I love photography and if there was something better out there I would have it by now, but at the moment this is about as good as it gets for a semi professional.

The pictures could have been alot better, I wasnt really thinking about them though as I was in the middle of a big builders clean, Luke

Pj

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2008, 08:53:06 pm »
If anyone is interested I will give a pole handling review also.

Next week.

For left handed geniuses like me

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2008, 08:55:17 pm »
Luke, do you have to treat the pole (no not take it to the seaside) but spray it to prevent wear? Might get mine tomorrow if i'm lucky. Got my saw ready to cut a special hallowed place in my bulkhead for it to snuggle in.

I think it will fit into any van even with a bulkhead, it very compact, just a bit longer than a 17ft xtel closed with the same diameter bottom section. I dont like to treat my poles....it makes them soft, I want them hard and toughened up for a hard days work!!! Luke