This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Mr Tumble

Re: How much to clear 130 mtres of gutters
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41:41 pm »
Thanks Mr T

It would be the same for me really 98% WC and the odd gutter clean. Done a few but use ladders with stand off etc, and price around the same £15 - £25 per side depending on access. On average I takes around 45 mins for a semi would it be quicker with vac or is it the safety aspect that made you decide on one.

BTW what Vac is that it doesn't look like any I've seen or did you build it up yourself.

(Sorry for being nosey like I said been pondering over one of these for the past few months)

Thanks Wayne
I reckon it's going to be quicker than laddering it, but there is a fair bit of time setting up and tearing down.  About 20 minutes in all - you'd be up a ladder and working in all that time imo.  BUT the vac get's practically everything out - leaves a tiny residue of slurry sometimes where wet.  On bigger jobs I would blow away anyone one a ladder.  That said, on a ladder you can do repairs - that's important and I've lost work when I said I couldn't do the repairs.

No, I bought the vac from a company in Cambridge.  It's a heavy old pig, and not easy to hump around - I carry it on a trailer, but it impresses people 'cos they're never seen anything like it and I hype it up to get their confidence.

It's a triple 1200w motored head on a huge oil drum - bigger than I need really.  Dealing with the waste is a pain as it's not easy to get the cr ap out.  Not like the Upkeeper one with a plastic bag.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 07:26:58 pm »
Thanks for the info Mr T

God luck with teh quote :)

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

groundhog

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 08:25:17 pm »
£350 too much for just the insides of the gutters then? Thats what I was aiming at but if it's taking the Michael I won't risk it.

Not at all, thats a big job!! Personally I would go for £400 at least!!!  :)

NWH

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 08:43:14 pm »
£350 too much for just the insides of the gutters then? Thats what I was aiming at but if it's taking the Michael I won't risk it.

Not at all, thats a big job!! Personally I would go for £400 at least!!!  :)
I agree with that 100%,there expecting to pay far far more than that.That`s a massive job that requires a good amount in order for it to be worth while otherwise it`s just another days work,jobs like this you can earn a weeks money in 2 days.