Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Davidson

When is the next Carpet Cleaning Exhibition?
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:10:43 pm »
Hi everyone,  I have just had a look at my profile and i been a member of the forum since 2003, all this time procrastinating behind the scenes about taking over my fathers fairly small but well established Carpet Cleaning Company..............well its now happening, hopefully within the next few weeks!

I will be needing some new equipment and am looking to pick up as many helpfull tips as possible (i like the sound of the teflon gliders, yes loking for an easy option already...lol)

So i was hoping that there would be an exhibition (any dates or info?) at some point so i can say hello to a few suppliers and see whats out there on all fronts to help me get up to speed and grow the business.

I will also be looking to go on a fairly basic carpet cleaning course, any recomendations?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards

Paul

lands

Re: When is the next Carpet Cleaning Exhibition?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:24:07 pm »
Hi Harvey

Happy for you to give me a call (see my profile) but Paul Moss is probably a better person to talk to (see his profile).

Pete

Art

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:27:15 pm »
Hi Paul,

The next exhibition is the cleaning show at the NEC next year

Arthur

carpet guy

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »
Why do you feel the need to change what's worked for your father ?

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:08:16 pm »
Next BIG exhibition is at NEC Birmingham 10th -12th March 2009

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 05:02:59 pm »
Europe's biggest cleaning show ( makes the NEC show  look like a carboot sale) is the ISSA show next month 6-9th in Amsterdam.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:16:25 pm »
Europe's biggest cleaning show ( makes the NEC show  look like a carboot sale) is the ISSA show next month 6-9th in Amsterdam.

wow sounds great whos up for a weekend away  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
I've already asked no one can get a release pass from thier wifes, they're all under the thumb  ::)

just been checking flights , might go by ferry
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Paul Davidson

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:18:02 pm »
Why do you feel the need to change what's worked for your father ?

My Dad is 65 years old, very experienced (nearly 30 years carpet cleaning) but maybe his financial needs or desires are not as great as mine.  I think its fair to say he's kinda from the 'old school' of cleaners and that he thinks marketing is a £20 advert every fortnight on the local rag (wow he would kill me for that ....lol)  But seriously, lately he has been happy plodding away with his regulars and word of mouth phone bookings.

His machinery is certainly getting on a bit and needs replacing.  I intend to buy a decent relatively powerfull machine that is capable of general residential and light commercial in the hope i get generate some new commercial contracts and get the domestic side of the business buzzing once again.

I have started doing some home work on a new machine (any recomendations would be appreciated) (i have considered looking at non water extraction systems but have no experience of them whatsoever, although they may help giving a marketing edge) and would also happily take any advice on training days!

Many thanks for the replies, its a shame i have just missed out on the NEC exhibition and unfortunately cant see an Amsterdam trip happeening in the forseeable!

cheers

Paul

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 05:35:58 am »
You havnt missed NEC - its March 2009 - NEXT YEAR

carpet guy

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:29:17 am »
Paul

I'm nearly as old as your " old man "but have always kept up to date with eveything.

There are so many options and an equal number of opinions, as everyone has their personal favourites, or their wish lists.

It would be worth going on a course, but the only regular courses around here are in Cupar, near St Andrews, by ukcleaning systems, but they can offer a package to include hwe and lm systems.

As Newcastle is just down the road you could do worse than speak to John Kelly who won't bull**** you and could save you a lot of time searching.

Paul Davidson

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 08:40:25 pm »
Thanks Carpet Guy and all who have offered advice, i will contact John Kelly and no doubt a few others as well, have a chat with and take some advice from them.  Will also look into the courses you mentioned in St Andrews!

cheers

Paul

carpet guy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:39:29 pm »
If you need any further info' just ask.

rob

should have asked................where are you based.

Paul Davidson

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:47:44 pm »
I am based up in Berwick upon Tweed, just on the English side of the Border (for the time being)
As i am looking at buying a new machine can you offer an opinion on which is quicker  (cover more area per hour) for normal residential cleaning, HWE (which is all i have (limited) experience with), a dry carpet cleaning system, or i even think i have seen  machines that only make the carpet lightly damp!

Cheers

Paul

cjultra

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 08:13:18 pm »
Susan,
Was that a Single or a Double for AMS...lol
A cleaning or dirty weekend...lol