This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PaulineH

A Good Hoover to buy
« on: April 14, 2008, 05:35:17 pm »
Hello everyone
I'm starting my own cleaning business the back end of Aug this year so i'm getting everything sorted. I've just found this forum about a week ago so i've read just about every thread going ( knowlege is power and all that ).I'm cleaning part time at the moment and I'm using a good old Henry hoover and it seems fine, i've never really had any problems or really thought about it to be honest, the trouble is i'll be buying them, so i'm after a good compromise, good price but also reliable, i would prefer to buy hoover's that have a hepa filter attached. So this is where you all come in with your vast years of knowledge, any advise or recommendation's are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help

Pauline H

heritagecleaning

Re: A Good Hoover to buy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:53:54 pm »
Stick with Henrys. They are the perfect compromise and you can get them for around £88 incl. delivery if you look on ebay. Anything cheaper will proably not be as robust. Or, for an upright vac, a Sebo BS36.

Owen

PaulineH

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:46:13 pm »
Hi Owen
Thanks for your reply and advice, Henry it is then.

PaulineH

bacs

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:56:58 pm »
Check out a a Sebo BS 36.They are far better than a Henry, and remember a good hoover removes about 75% of the soiling

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:19:29 am »
The Sebo BS36 is the one most carpet cleaners use because it has the beater bar and will get more up then the Henry (and other cylinder cleaners).

The Sebo BS36 has a 14" head.
If its purely domestic work you do it might be worth looking at the Sebo Felix or Sebo Dart.
They have the same motors (2) as the BS36 but a 12" head, and a bit cheaper.

Type in the Sebo on Ebay and you will see more then a few new ones. Felix starts about £180 which is very good, BS36 about £220.
Last ages (if looked after) and dont fall to pieces.

holmesclean

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 05:22:22 pm »
I have Henrys & James for two/three years and as I replace I am buying Sebo-more expensive initial outlay but the clean is supreme.
Sebo was the recommendation from a previous question I raised on this site so happy to respond.

Regards

Tom
Tom

PaulineH

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 07:57:56 pm »
Hi

Thanks for all your help, i'm gonna have a look at the sebo range.

Pauline

dg-cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:45:31 am »
If your just starting out, keep your expenses down by sticking with henry.never let me down.It is a smaller outlay when your just starting out and you can always upgrade to sebo once you are making a profit x

Art

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 11:27:52 am »
Another thing with sebos is that there no good for stairs. Henrys are a much better all rounder for general cleaning

Arthur

turneylogan

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 01:03:30 pm »
For general cleaning we use Henry.

For carpet cleaning SEBO.

Henrys take a beating and you can buy every individual part. Also, for general cleaning the lead on the Henry is long - you can clean a whole house without unplugging normally. Henry bad for pet hair and carpets which hold on to thread and fluff. Although you can buy a turbo head or drag the wand over the carpet with the brushes down when needed. Henry better for hard floors, and edges IMO.

SEBOs do a better job but can knacker you for general cleaning. Can't get into small spaces, under very low items, or do stairs.

If you are cleaning houses, Henry is the way to go, and use customer's upright for pet hairs if they have one.

IMO upright Dysons are great but wouldn't last a day getting thrown in and out of a car/van, and too fiddly.

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 05:49:05 pm »
I have used the Sebo B36 many times for stairs - just by holding it, bit akward but effective.
Sebos do have a hose and tool for stairs.

Sebo Fleix/Dart at 12" are ok for domestics, the BS36 is 2" wider.

I have a Kirby as well.
Now convert that to a hand held tool and it works on stairs amazingly well.

Art

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 05:52:34 pm »
I have used the Sebo B36 many times for stairs - just by holding it, bit akward but effective.

I have a Kirby as well.

Joe, that was the point i was trying to make about it being akward, where as a henry is far more user friendly for everything

turneylogan

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 06:22:01 pm »

I have a Kirby as well.

Yeah Joe, I do that at home too, or at the odd carpet job, but if you're cleaning 6 houses in a day or you are female (no sexism intended) it is tiring. No doubt some lady will prove me wrong tho! Also you can't clean the upright part of the steps.

When general cleaning I've found that any vacuum accessories are lost by staff within a day or two, so its easier just to nozzle the stairs with a Henry.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 07:21:58 pm »
If you unclip the head on the sebo dart it works quite well on stairs. The henry can be just as awkward on stairs due to having to hold it and vac at the same time.

Janey

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 09:33:30 pm »
If your just starting out then the Henry numatic commercial vacs are excellent value and do a great all round job  :) Booker cash n Carry have an offer on them just now.  We just replaced some of ours for £69.99 + vat each, you cant go wrong.  We also use the Sebo, mainly for carpet cleaning to bring the pile up, but we would find them too awkward and hard work for day to day office cleaning, not good for stairs,  :(

regards

Janey :D