This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

xxmattyxx

Re: IM ON TRIAL !
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 06:19:34 pm »
hamlet??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :-\

Ive read a few posts youve contributed to on here Stig, is there a possibility that you might be using mind and mood altering substances at all?

MJH

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 06:39:33 pm »
About two years ago a local window cleaner 'dropped out' and I was asked to quote for some of his work which was eight semis, all next to each other.

When I turned up, the 'ringleader' (an ex copper), was quite abrupt with me when he saw my pole, and said 'no way'.

I did think he was a bit of a 'bottom', but to get the other houses, I had to win him over.

So I offered to do a few windows for him, and if he wasn't happy with the results, I'd bugger off; no charge.

He (and the rest of 'em) have been top customers ever since; they're all retired types; and pay for each other if their neighbor isn't in.

I'd say give them a chance and a bit of 'flannel' (aka charm), and see what happens; you haven't really much to lose have you?

Good comment, this is the best course of action as soon as they see positive results they will be grateful, letters etc just make things complicated.

stig

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 09:01:54 pm »
matt b/     can u explain that bit please as im only a window cleaner not a college boy.....lol
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

stig

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:13 pm »
i was just wandering where the fraze hamlet came from
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16:04 pm »
It means a small collection of houses, not big enough to be called a village.

Or do you have a joke lurking somewhere about cigars or a shakespeare play that i've walked into?

alanwilson

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 09:30:53 pm »
sounds to me like you've stumbled across a little 'community' - they're probably all cousins etc meaning when one walks, they all walk.

As you're commited I'd make sure each job is left perfect, get my money and explain (again) that in future if there are any spots you'll reclean - but I'd never ever agree to not getting paid, no chance.

hope it works out for you.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 10:08:54 pm »
i was just wandering where the fraze hamlet came from

i grew up in a hamlet. It wasn't a village cos it didn't have its own church. i think.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 10:41:06 pm »
I clean in a few hamlets (small cluster of homes in a rural location).
I started WFP over 5 years ago and I was constantly bombarded with remarks from customers along the lines of: 'it wont clean the windows properly'.  It's much easier nowadays because most people have heard of WFP.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 11:22:35 pm »
matt b/     can u explain that bit please as im only a window cleaner not a college boy.....lol

I thought something along these lines

Or do you have a joke lurking somewhere about cigars or a shakespeare play that i've walked into?

was about to surface but couldnt fathom it out.

;D

pjulk

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 01:04:50 am »
I would never eben start any work if they said 1 spot and your not getting paid.

How did they kow about spots i expect you told them it could occur.

I used to say there may be the odd spot or two on the first clean and im sure they used to look for them.
As i would return the following month and someone would say i seen a spot on that window.

Now i say nothing just there windows will be left wet but they dry clear and since then no one has said anything about spots.

Just tell the customers the basics its much easier.

Paul

Londoner

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 07:25:14 am »
I think this sort of situation happens more often than we realise with first cleans on a new customer. Its just that they don't all express their concerns out loud.

Recently I had a new customer who "wasn't happy" so I went back to have a look. The windows were great and he couldn't really find anything to complain about. He just wasn't "happy". Some people have too much time on their hands with nothing better to do than go around examining every corner of every window in the house.

Anyway, I dropped him because I thought he was going to end up being trouble.