This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Abseiling Window Cleaning Prices
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:23:03 pm »
What prices do window cleaners who abseil down buildings charge?

Rob.Hall

Re: Abseiling Window Cleaning Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:34 pm »
£250 to £500+ depending on job and tech

williamx

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:02:46 pm »
11 storeys high 248 rooms

Rob.Hall

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:58 pm »
Sorry pure hydro.

Those prices would be a day rate.

For that sort of job you would be looking at £500+ pur day.

You need to chat to a professional who does this all the time.

williamx

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:54:55 pm »
Cheers rob

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:02:40 pm »
£300 a man per day, plus any travelling expenses etc

williamx

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:25:24 pm »
How many windows can one man clean in a day, using this method?

david68

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 12:27:27 am »
Can u get traning for this type of work, as it something i would like to expanded to?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Pat Purcell

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 12:57:35 am »
Its really down to what kind of windows and the difficulty in reaching them much like any other window cleaning
How to size the building up would be by drops, most abseilers will drop straight down from the roof and get as many windows as they can reach dependin on how the windows set up and what the H&S allow, a good rule of thuimb is a guy can cover 3 times the width of his outstretched arms although local rules may not allow that
So stand back from the building and count how many vertical lines of windows there are and that should give you the amount of drops
On 11 floors and 248 windows, that should mean about 23 drops unless the windows are real close together, if they are then maybe 12 drops
everything being perfect and a good work day it may be possible to finish in a day but more than likely 2 days for 2 guys, but something like an outcrop at the top or difficult windows could increase the time by a lot
If you have a picture post it and it would give a better idea
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

danny taylor

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 06:09:07 am »
£600 plus vat for a team of two guys per day. from what you have said it should be done in 2-3 days.

steve m

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:26:33 am »
give industrial abseiling a ring, theyre based in northampton. Theyll tell you all you need to know

williamx

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 09:21:45 am »
Its really down to what kind of windows and the difficulty in reaching them much like any other window cleaning
How to size the building up would be by drops, most abseilers will drop straight down from the roof and get as many windows as they can reach dependin on how the windows set up and what the H&S allow, a good rule of thuimb is a guy can cover 3 times the width of his outstretched arms although local rules may not allow that
So stand back from the building and count how many vertical lines of windows there are and that should give you the amount of drops
On 11 floors and 248 windows, that should mean about 23 drops unless the windows are real close together, if they are then maybe 12 drops
everything being perfect and a good work day it may be possible to finish in a day but more than likely 2 days for 2 guys, but something like an outcrop at the top or difficult windows could increase the time by a lot
If you have a picture post it and it would give a better idea

Cheers pat, I don't have photos I'm afraid, but I can describe it.

Each pane of glass measures 1 metre sq and there are 836 panes of glass.

On the drops there are 42 drops.

There is also a curtain of windows that wrap around the building at the bottom.

Each window has to be done inside and out on a monthly basis.

How long would it take 2 men to clean the outside, and 4 men the insides.

*foxman

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 12:52:42 pm »
11 Stories isn't that high so you'd be looking at 20min ish a drop. A good team of 2 could do  that in a day i(if no extra rigging is involved) f you helped them out by poleing the bottom few stories.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:14 pm »
11 Stories isn't that high so you'd be looking at 20min ish a drop. A good team of 2 could do  that in a day i(if no extra rigging is involved) f you helped them out by poleing the bottom few stories.
I'd agree with everything foxman said except i would expect it would take 2 days, 21 drops a day would be fair cracking for anyone even only doing 9 floors of windows , when you figure in rigging time and just getting up to the roof and lunch etc, the two guys would want to be fairly motivated ( read: toss them an extra ton each) to get done in a day
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland