This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

josie

new business, any1 want in?
« on: December 29, 2004, 03:03:23 pm »
I will be setting up a new Business in 2005 and i will be looking for anyone in a trade business. from window cleaners, domestic cleaners, ironers,gardners, pulmers, personal shoppers and so on. i will be covering Manchester, Liverpool, Northampton, Chester, Wolvahampton, Basicly a 2 hour radius of Shropshire
if anyone that wants me to put your business on my books then either reply to this message and leave your email address, or you can email me direct.
THIS WONT COST YOU ANYTHING!! i will be putting business your way for free!

sls_cleaning

Re: new business, any1 want in?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 07:17:35 pm »
Hi Josie,

Sounds good, I have a cleaning business in Nottingham, we do residential cleans, Business centres, Shops, Clinics.  8)

Not sure If you will be going as far as Nottingham but i would very much appreciate the opportunity. :D

Good Luck  ::) and all the best with your venture,  We too have a couple of companies in Nottingham that offer the service you are going to be doing.

My email address is slouisesimons@aol.com

Regards
Sharon

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 10:14:40 am »
Hi Josie,

Well done in your new venture!
I have a small( for the time being)office cleaning business,which i started 12 months ago, we opperate in the solihull and west midlands area.

Good luck!! ;)

email:  chris@imagecleaning.org

mycleaner2

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 06:20:09 pm »
Hi my name is Carl
                                 Im also setting up a new business(mattress cleaning) to cover the Cheshire area,should be up and running at end of Jan.

Good luck ......... Carl at MATTRESS ANGEL

carl.watson@homecall.co.uk

Tussin

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 11:11:50 pm »
Hi Carl,
I am purely interested how you will clean mattress' as I have never heard of this before. Intrigueing!!
Regards
Tussin

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 02:09:45 pm »
Hey Josie......are you the same one who doesn`t have a clue how much to charge for a spring clean???

If you are....how can you possible think of setting up a business offerring loads of services all over the show??

Just a thought.

martin19842

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 11:21:31 am »
hi there,

wreelyclean services,  that wouldbe correct but possibly a little harsh.

if josie is setting up a database and managment services, then in reality they dont need to know anyhting about anything, as they will market and then introduce client to supplier, supplier will quote and then josie puts on a level of profit.

lots of people doing it, some doing it well some not so well.

but as the old saying goes, you dont get money for doing nothing anymore, therefore there must be something diffenent in what Josie is setting up, or you would hope there is.

just an opinion.

regards

martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 09:00:45 pm »
Tussin

Have a look at this site

http://www.mattressdoctor.net/uk/default/index.asp

By the way no comment but do they get the stains out?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 10:59:06 am »
 ;) Harsh ..maybe......True...of course.

So a potential client asks "...how much for a spring clean then?.."

Answer....errr  I don`t know but give me time to post on the internet and wait for replies and I`ll get back to you.

Come on your having a laugh......would you as a potential client accept that reply??  I think not...you`de go elsewhere!

Professionalism...that`s all really. ::)

Before this escalates into something it doesn`t warrant, I`m not generally a person who knocks others for trying, as you could see if you read back pages of this forum, I`m just tired of all the "wannabees" that ask the same questions all the time.

Would anyone go out and buy a car without firstly finding out about it??

Why try and set up a business until you have some good knowledge of whats` what?

mycleaner2

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 04:58:14 pm »
Hi turin

Have a look at  http://www.hygienitech.com/

Carl....

mycleaner2

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 05:00:43 pm »
 SORRY TUSSIN

Carl............... ::)

martin19842

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 05:38:28 pm »
hi there,

wreelyclean,
oh i agree with what you say and if you look back you will see numerous new people popping up for help.,  but in essence that is what the forum is for to help.

But quite rightly as again pointed out on numerous occasions there are always people that want something for nothing and take all the info, and then never offer any.

regards

martin

josie

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 05:44:23 pm »
Wreely clean,
for your info i have a domestic cleaning business, it has been running for 6 months now, i have just taken on a couple of staff. in 2005 im setting my sites on a lifestyle management business, my cleaning business will still be running just incase the other business doesnt take off coz you never know. but i am starting from the bottom and working up, im not running before i can walk.  and as for asking about how much to charge for a  spring clean, i have never done one before and just asking what other companies chrage as a gide for myself.  Anyway for you to say that about me saying to my customers  errr... you'll have to hang on, that was uncalled for, if you knew what the business was then you wouldnt be saying that. I think you need to do a bit of research before you go shooting your mouth off, dont you!

Philip Hanson

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 06:49:38 pm »
Josie,

If you are setting up a database, my advice would be to get it on a website ASAP.

These days people have forgotten how to talk to each other.  "Pick up the phone and ask a company?  Naw, too much effort, I might get salesmanised.  I'll just sit here at my computer and see what I can find..."

A good looking website with some interesting content is something other cleaning companies will want to be on.  It doesn't cost as much as you might think to get a decent looking site online, and in my opinion its the way forward.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

josie

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 06:51:29 pm »
yeah thanks, my web site is in the process of being set up!

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 10:43:34 pm »
 ;D ;D Make sure you know your prices for your website then won`t you....

Oh, by the way, you may want to have a look at your grammar too...

As for shooting my mouth off.....touch a nerve did it?

If the cap fits love......wear it!

You posted on the forum and you got the replies...if you don`t want honest replies and just want bullpoop go somewhere else!  There have been plenty of people on this forum, as Martin quite rightly states, that come on here and ask silly questions then bugger off without a bye nor leave.

As I`ve stated too, professionalism goes a very long way.  If that means knowing your prices, presenting them correctly and using correct grammar...take a look at your posts and think about it.

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 04:42:37 am »
tee hee!
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

hcc

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 01:36:40 pm »
Hi josie
I can offer  a domestic and carpet cleaning service in manchester and also will do ironing and shopping.

Jan K

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 05:03:11 pm »
setting up in business is never something you do as a whim.........I researched, went on courses, produced a 35 page business plan, spoke to business advisors etc etc for 9 months prior to setting up my domestic cleaning and ironing business, it has been running for 4 months now, and I don't expect to make a sizeable profit if any at all for at least a year. As long as I can make a wage that pays the bills for the time being and build up slowly, gaining a good reputation, a bunch of reliable and trustworthy cleaners and a happy client base then that will do me.

Don't get me wrong I would love to be the next Richard Branson.......female version of course, but it ain't goona happen, not in this line of business!! 8)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Fox

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 07:41:48 pm »
Don't get me wrong I would love to be the next Richard Branson.......female version of course, but it ain't goona happen, not in this line of business!! 
[/b]
Jan - Speak for yourself!

With the likes of Initial, OCS etc there are millions to make and I for one am having a piece of the pie.
 :P

Seriously I can't believe your statement, obviously you don't want much out of your business but there is money to be made, the cleaning industry is a massive market and with good management money is there to be made.  Don't be blinkered, I know you are looking at the domestic market but this is one of the highest growing markets out there, Martin was right with a previous post £100K is not hard to hit in this area with determination.

Fox