This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

Re: Good bye Mr sol
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 06:32:15 pm »
Phil was at Windex maning the PWC stand.

I have written this before on here, the last time being this week, with regard to someone posting negative comments about the window cleaning compitition to which Terry Burrows replied and I had the same thoughts and voiced them.
Its the easiest thing in the World to be stroppy and play the hard man sitting  at a keyboard but the keyboard warriors turn into timid girl thingycats when they meet face to face.
People should think about this before they post.

first i wasn't at windex

second im not playing the hard man i only ever say on here what i would say in person.

third is that glyn from omnipole.

matt

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 06:40:39 pm »

I have written this before on here, the last time being this week, with regard to someone posting negative comments about the window cleaning compitition to which Terry Burrows replied and I had the same thoughts and voiced them.
Its the easiest thing in the World to be stroppy and play the hard man sitting  at a keyboard but the keyboard warriors turn into timid girl thingycats when they meet face to face.

first i wasn't at windex

second im not playing the hard man i only ever say on here what i would say in person.

i think he means philip hanson, now employed by ionics thus the PWC stand

i doublt its glyn from omni, as he threw his teddy out of the pram and left

matt

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 06:41:10 pm »
oh and thanks for the mention tosh, glad i made a impression back then ;)

(Sorry, fella):

Oh, and there was Matt, an ex-bouncer who used to like fighting with everyone (still does) ;D.

(I hope that cleared up that little omission).

thats better, i feel loved now  :-*

poleman

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 06:56:41 pm »

Its the easiest thing in the World to be stroppy and play the hard man sitting  at a keyboard but the keyboard warriors turn into timid girl thingycats when they meet face to face.

first i wasn't at windex

Hi Yes its Glyn from Omnipole.

matt

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 07:32:08 pm »

first i wasn't at windex

Hi Yes its Glyn from Omnipole.

good job on the qoute, the post by him has gone

this place beats eastenders for entertainment

though i must say with bianca back and mr sol gone, its going to be close  :D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 11:32:49 pm »
The trouble with posting on this forum is it's addictive.
Fall out with a few members, throw your teddy in the corner, delete your posts and leave the forum, then what do you do evenings?
It's like a nicotein craving, you need more so you re-join under a new name.
Everyone has a certain style of posting, so after a few replies everyone has sussed out your former posting name, then comes the hard bit of appologising or whatever. Do it, and things return to normal very quickly.
How I post, reflects how I work. Some may like my posts, others may criticise. Am I bothered.....no. I never pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm just being myself with nothing to prove to anyone and not looking for any brownie points from anyone. I'm just here for the addiction.
I've always enjoyed reading Mr Solubility's posts. He certainly stood out along with a few others on here. Mr Solubility may have gone but he can't keep away, so welcome back Clive AKA  'Village Gleam', you know you want to.

matt

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 11:50:30 pm »
matt and philip thomas
who are you in the real World ? you both seem to know me but I have no idea who you are.

me, im just a humble window cleaner, you have no reason to know me, just a average joe, no claim to fame ( well i did represent my country at judo many years ago, but thats about it

i know  little about you ( and not bothered about it ) apart from your  the owner of omni and more recent fame ( on here )  of throwing a bit of a strop about the DIY gutter cleaner ( mr H posted about ), deleting your account and now your back

oh and i might also add, i used to read your posts in the old days on here, they were helpfull and not just about selling your products

matt

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 11:56:41 pm »
its like the disappearing posts on here tonight  ::) ::)

Glyn H

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 11:58:02 pm »
Do you remember Brian Cole his Dad , John Cole and their Brother in Law Brian Jacks they also represented Britain in Judo. Brian Coles brother Micky Van Wyke  was aka Wolf in Gladiators

matt

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 12:00:48 am »
Do you remember Brian Cole his Dad , John Cole and their Brother in Law Brian Jacks they also represented Britain in Judo. Brian Coles brother Micky Van Wyke  was aka Wolf in Gladiators

Brian Jacks was my hero as a youngster, allways rooting for him on superstars, allways done well

Glyn H

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 12:07:21 am »
Brian Jacks was one of the genuinly toughest mentally and physically fellows any one is likely to meet, Brian and John Cole also but both about a foot taller and ten stone heavier.
Babara Cole John's wife and Brian Jacks sister also represented Britain in Judo.

matt

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 12:11:10 am »
ive just wiki'd Brian jacks

He still holds the world record for dips and also for squat thrusts

Glyn H

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 12:17:44 am »
I havent seen him for several years, but met up with Brian C John C and Barbara C last year.
Brian and John C were both heavy weight representitives in Olympics, John's in his 60s now and I think Brian is doing MMA.

matt

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:55 am »
Brian Jacks doing MMA as in mixed martial arts ? ? ? ?

he's 62 years old now, i guess he is still fit

Glyn H

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:09 am »
No Brian Cole doing MMA
Brian Jacks doesnt need the money :)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 12:49:40 am »
Matt,
my brother and me use to go in for the regional Judo competitions. My brother came second in the Nationals many years ago. he lost out first place to someone I could beat time and time again. Unfortunately I couldn't compete at the time because I had broken my thumb and wrist a couple weeks before, participating in a Judo match which got completely out of hand and became a very violent personal dispute.
I took up Judo again when I was in the army serving in Germany. I was banned by the German clubs because they didn't recognise the throws, pinholds, strangleholds I learnt with the Bitish Judo Association. Shame really because I really enjoyed it.

geefree

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 12:55:03 am »
zzzzzzzz  :-\

mark dew

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 03:18:37 am »
Its strange really matt because he slated diy set ups yet that is what his was  never could understand that.

that's true he did but he had a sharp mind and was full of ideas. I think it just shows that he was smart enough to change his mind. He was blunt that's for sure and that made his posts easy to understand. For better or for worse.:o
I reckon he's too thick-skinned to get hounded off though. He didn't get too much flak, did he??
Hopefully he'll come back or maybe not. The best of luck to him though. I considered him quite successful considering the amount of time he has been a wc. And enjoyed reading his posts because of it.

twt

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 04:37:49 pm »
glyn in the real world im just a self employed window cleaner no one of any interest ive nothing to hide otherwise i would use a nick name on here.

I know that someone called glyn runs omnipole  because he used this forum to promote his business interests until recently but that is as far as my knowledge goes about you goes (if you are that glyn). I was just interested to see if you are that glyn.

Londoner

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 08:32:04 am »
How do you go back and look at the old posts from a few years ago? I think there have been quite a few memorable posters that have come and gone.

When I started on this forum the hot subject was squeegie rubbers. Which was best, how often do you change them etc. WFP was like science fiction. Steve Lowe was the moderator.

"What? cleaning windows with a bog brush on a broom handle ? Give over, that will NEVER catch on!" Only Justin Ruggles thought otherwise.

Happy Days