This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

Good bye Mr sol
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:59:06 pm »
Regarding mr sol being hounded off this forum if indeed he was, i think it was largly because of the nature of his early posts and i seem to remember that he was  a large part of luke leaving the forum because of being bullied.

Lately mr sol made improvements to his attituted towards people but i recall his constant putting down of people who cobbled together there own systems and didn't pay for an off the shelf system when his own system was diy. Mr sol always came across as though his system/ ideas were the best and anyone who didn't agree was wrong and unable to think.

As for his electric hose reel i was expecting something impressive when actually he was using a cordless drill to wind in his hose imagine the response he would have recieved if he went on dragons den with that!

I suppose that sums up mr sol even though he had good ideas he over hyped them and set himself up for a fall by suggesting his equipment,  methods and intellect were far superior to most others on this forum when actually he probably was n't that much different to most on this forum.

so good bye mr sol

matt

Re: Good bye Mr sol
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:22:59 pm »
i had a few run ins with him   ::)

he had a particular dislike for me, for a few reasons as i understand

1. i built my own setup ( and i try to help others do the same, and promote that idea ), you either get the reasons for DIY or you dont, ive "locked horns" with many over the years about it, and to be fair, mr Sol was some1 who was a little brighter than most of them and didnt resort to childish personal remarks all the time, fair play to him for that

2. he felt i could achieve more, he often said i "disappointed him with my lack of drive ", he is right, i could, the fact is,  im happy with what i do and what i have, i think in the end he understood me a little better and understood that even though i dont have his aims and goals, i have my own goals and he accepted that

his posts had improved alot, i think when he started on here he made a few people dislike him with his rather black and white views, his idea's were ok, he is sure that a hot water system is the way forward and he wanted a electric hose reel, he put together what he wanted, sure its abit DIY-ish, but it works for him, thats all that matters ( im sure i must not be the only person who see's the irony in that though :))

fair play to him, its been a laugh sometimes, he took it a little serious and thats what made it funnier

Im sure he will be back under another stupid name though  ;)

mr sol is dead, long live his next stupid name  ;D

twt

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:30:35 pm »
Its strange really matt because he slated diy set ups yet that is what his was  never could understand that.

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
Its strange really matt because he slated diy set ups yet that is what his was  never could understand that.

imho

image, pure and simple, he felt he had a image to portray and a DIY setup had no place in that image

no harm in that i guess, if your that way inclined

of course i could be wrong

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 04:43:52 pm »
Who was Mr Sol?  ???

I'm not on top of this forum like I used to be!

Remember the good ole days when there was just about 20 members:

Wavie Davie - the Jock Moderator; 'ard as nails (probably)

Philip Hanson - the other Moderator; who sold out to Ionics and is probably now stood in a supermarket trying to flog double glazing.

Gazza - who nobody could understand; he fell off his ladder and had a brain injury or something.

Steve K - who kept getting upset at Scouse jokes and deleting his account.

Graham Gould - who was either a total idiot or a really funny guy; I'm still not sure which he was.

Mike Boxhall - He owns this site or something.

Windows_Chepstow - a really good looking guy; intelligent too.

And a few others.

I guess they come and they go.

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 04:47:03 pm »

Philip Hanson - the other Moderator; who sold out to Ionics and is probably now stood in a supermarket trying to flog double glazing.

i found that very funny, of course he will be along soon with his "ionics lawyer " in toe  ;D ;D ;D

oh and thanks for the mention tosh, glad i made a impression back then ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 04:52:45 pm »
I agree with Tosh about Mr Sol - I didn't have time to gain an impression really.

And that windows_chepstow guy, he was a scream - much nicer than Tosh ... married to Wor lass's twin sister I beleive ...
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 04:57:46 pm »
oh and thanks for the mention tosh, glad i made a impression back then ;)

(Sorry, fella):

Oh, and there was Matt, an ex-bouncer who used to like fighting with everyone (still does) ;D.

(I hope that cleared up that little omission).

geefree

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 05:03:50 pm »
Hi,

what was his last post, ? how do you know he has gone

cant see any referance to it . ???

twt

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 05:19:25 pm »
Take a look at the franchising post gazza.

geefree

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:31:31 pm »
cheers Phil. im curious  ;)

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »
mmm, curious is Mr Sols name on another forum.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 06:08:28 pm »
I thought he was a great guy, i never had a problem with him. :)

Glyn H

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 06:13:17 pm »
Phil was at Windex maning the PWC stand.

I have written this before on here, the last time being this week, with regard to someone posting negative comments about the window cleaning compitition to which Terry Burrows replied and I had the same thoughts and voiced them.
Its the easiest thing in the World to be stroppy and play the hard man sitting  at a keyboard but the keyboard warriors turn into timid girl thingycats when they meet face to face.
People should think about this before they post.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 06:16:38 pm »
Mr.Sol?
I'm on here every day, but I never saw a Mr.Sol. ???

geefree

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 06:17:30 pm »
cant see the reason.. or any reference to him leaving the forum, apart from someone saying he has gone, buthow did that person know?..

or have i missed it

is he back on as "village gleam" ?

geefree

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 06:18:16 pm »
Mr.Sol?
I'm on here every day, but I never saw a Mr.Sol. ???

ubility lol

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:18:21 pm »
Who's Mr.Sol?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 06:18:40 pm »
R.Sol? ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 06:24:30 pm »
mr solubility aka village gleam aka clive i think
there is a pic of him riding a bull ( :o) on the photo album somewhere
by the way that pic of tosh in stockings,was it taken before or after his appearance on oprah ???